Wage Theft

icanthearyou

Why isn't the federal government coming down hard on these companies.......never mind. Bought and paid for.......

Interesting mix, non Union blue collar companies and high tech California companies are listed. The high tech companies are the biggest proponents of immigration changes. They want to bring in more Indian programmers and engineers to guess what, keep wages low with a large supply of techies. To get that they was willing to push for allowing low skill labor in that will help the first group of companies listed.

So yes, it Is supply and demand. They want the labor market flooded with legal alien workers to increase the labor supply and keep labor cost low. Which is not good for american workers and new college graduates.

The idea that big business is free market capitalist is one that while once true no longer does. They no longer work to make better products or offer better services. As has been stated immigration reform advocates have two objectives. The democrats want the low skill uneducated people that they can count on to vote for them. The republicans and chamber of commerce want the cheap labor. Neither of these is good for any American citizen.

Are wages simply the result of supply and demand?

http://wallstcheatsh...age-theft.html/

Unfortunately, I would say it is in many ways. Some companies look at their employees as an expendable commodity and, because of the poor economy, its definitely a renewable resource with so many looking for work. Our system is not perfect, everyone knows that and there will always be those who will look after corporate interests ahead of the individuals' interests. That being said, with all its warts, America can still be the best and most fair system in the world. I happen to believe that corporate tax reform and easing of the oppressive regulatory policies of this administration could have the attendant benefit of improving conditions for workers. Just my .02

Unfortunately, I would say it is in many ways. Some companies look at their employees as an expendable commodity and, because of the poor economy, its definitely a renewable resource with so many looking for work. Our system is not perfect, everyone knows that and there will always be those who will look after corporate interests ahead of the individuals' interests. That being said, with all its warts, America can still be the best and most fair system in the world. I happen to believe that corporate tax reform and easing of the oppressive regulatory policies of this administration could have the attendant benefit of improving conditions for workers. Just my .02

And you like to call me naive,,,, :-\

So, you believe that having the highest corporate tax rate in the world and the ever increasing and oppressive regulatory policies this admin continues to heap on businesses benefits the individual. Figures.

So, you believe that having the highest corporate tax rate in the world and the ever increasing and oppressive regulatory policies this admin continues to heap on businesses benefits the individual. Figures.

NO, wrong again Blue. I believe the dominant corporations love these policies because they insulate them from competition. The answers aren't nearly as simple as your typical rhetoric. Rah, Rah, America is the greatest country in the world, as soon as a Republican administration is in charge again. That is pretty stupid thinking, especially when you consider how destructive the last Republican administration was.

Actually, the answers have more to do with:

Consolidation of industries

Barriers to entry

Globalization

Corporate tax reform that represents simplification, not merely lower rates (think, think, think Blue, the largest corporations aren't paying anything close to the highest tax rate in the world)

Policies that encourage entreprenuers

Trade policies that punish exploitation of labor and the environment

The answer to all problems is not, barry sux (they all stink, they all work for the corporate masters). Get the hell out of the Fox News, talk radio fantasy land. You and the rest of the Hitler Youth are listening to propaganda, not information.

Keep Hitler out of the fray. He's dead and wasn't a very good role model. ;)

I agree. The use of such provides evidence of immaturity and sends a clear image of one's intelligence on this matter. Disappointing.

I agree. The use of such provides evidence of immaturity and sends a clear image of one's intelligence on this matter. Disappointing.

It was actually pretty funny if you have a sense of humor and get pop culture references.

Cry baby.

It was actually pretty funny if you have a sense of humor and get pop culture references.

Cry baby.

I am definitely not up on pop culture. Maybe why I failed to see the humor? Or it could be the use of such a reference is simply inappropriate?

If I was wrong, my apologies.

Cry baby.

It was a perfectly valid analogy. A little over-the-top, but that's the point, isn't it? ;)

They just like to jump on any Nazi-related reference (or racial) as an excuse for evasion. Its actually a (pop) cultural cop out.

Cry baby.

It was a perfectly valid analogy. A little over-the-top, but that's the point, isn't it? ;)

They just like to jump on any Nazi-related reference (or racial) as an excuse for evasion. Its actually a (pop) cultural cop out.

Yep. Wage Theft and Hitler Youth. A perfect analogy.

Yo homes that's radical dude!

Archived