Week 7 (Auburn vs. Miss St) - Sunday Updates

RunInRed

DC Ellis Johnson

al.com (via YouTube)

Johnson: "We're doing some things a little bit better now."

Johnson: "I think we're pressuring the quarterback very well" concerned about when QB scrambles

@JamesCrepea

Johnson on Brandon King: "He got about seven snaps, I think. ... Looking back on the film, he really played well." ... He's one of the best tacklers on the team.

Johnson said Kris Frost practiced for the first time last week on Thursday and had "about 25 or 30 plays" with no contact.

Johnson said Dak Prescott's designed runs were the biggest problems Auburn had in defending Mississippi State last year.

@wareagleextra

Johnson on LBs: "The starters didn't have any practice time during the week. …. I thought the other 2 deserved to start b/c they practiced."

Johnson on defending a running QB like Dak Prescott: "We've just got to do a better job of staying in our rush lanes & staying in the box."

@AUBlog

Ellis Johnson: "This time last year we were having 25, 28 missed assignments every game. Now we come out of game we have 8, maybe 10."

EJ on MSU O: "They can no-huddle and tempo without changing personnel and give you every formation in book. That makes it extremely hard."

@bmarcello

Johnson: "This time last year, we were very inconsistent. We've still got some things to work on...but (the success in 2014) is impressive."

Johnson on coming back to MSU: "It's going to be louder now. It's going to be one of the toughest environments we've been in."

@JFergusonAU

Auburn DC Ellis Johnson says Dak Prescott "may be the best in the country at running the offense he runs."

@jzenor

Auburn's defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on playing Mississippi State and Dak Prescott: "The test is going to get a lot tougher."

@AUGoldMine

Johnson says Raashed Kennion is dealing with high ankle sprain

Johnson says Jonathon Mincy played exceptionally well against LSU

Johnson on Dak Prescott "he's as good a dual threat QB as there is in America"

@ITATJason

OC Rhett Lashlee

al.com (via YouTube)

Lashlee on LSU performance: "Overall, it was probably our most complete game."

Rhett Lashlee on MSU DC @CoachCollins: "I think he's as good a DC as there is out there."

@bmarcello

Lashlee on LSU game: "The negatives are, we did have the turnover, we did have the false start inside the red zone."

Lashlee on last year's issues vs. MSU: "When they played us last year, I didn't know what we're were going to do."

Lashlee on cowbells: "They affect the game. But noise is noise. When you go on the road you have to prepare w/o any verbal communication."

@AUBlog

Lashlee: "We've got to do better on first downs...if we can get better, then it will just help us in general with finishing drives."

Lashlee on Mississippi State's front seven: "They're big. They're strong. They're physical...they will be the best defense we've played."

Lashlee on playing at MSU: "Hey, those cowbells...they do the trick."

@JFergusonAU

Lashlee says the balance was the key on offense

@ITATJason

Lashlee: "There was good balance. Of those 'explosive plays,' we actually had more of them in the passing game than the running game."

@wareagleextra

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee says MSU has best defense they've faced, and "it's not even close."

@jzenor

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on Nick Marshall: "We give Nick a lot of responsibility. He makes a lot of decisions on run and passes. We trust him"

@AUGoldMine

Jonathan Mincy

al.com (via YouTube)

Mincy on the defensive performance against LSU: "It was something to build off from for this team."

Mincy on Mississippi State WRs: "You've just got to continue to fight throughout the whole play."

@wareagleextra

Mincy: "I love bing in contact" and playing man. Likes playing boundary corner this year.

@JamesCrepea

Mincy: "We feel like we can stop anybody. But it's going to come down to tackling."

@JFergusonAU

Sammie Coates

al.com (via YouTube)

Sammie Coates is in the building now. "It was fun to get out there and make plays. ... It just feels good to be out there to play."

Coates on the Mississippi State cowbells: "It's crazy. I hate those bells. ... It's just a weird noise."

@wareagleextra

Coates on Nick Marshall: "Nick brings something special to the game."

@AUBlog

Auburn's Sammie Coates on Nick Marshall: "Nick is a great leader. He's gotten so smart back there. The way he's playing is unbelievable."

@AUGoldMine

Coates on Duke Williams: "He's one of those who becomes a new dude on the field. He's hungry."

@JFerguson

These threads freaking rule. Thanks as always, Red.

I think maybe we've been underselling Mincy's overall importance on this defense just a bit. Man, he has been doing a great job.

Love CEJ's response about the starting LBs.

Nice, I wish Sammie didn't say he hated those cowbells though. It will only rile up their fans more.

Archived