Chizik on SEC network talking about Muschamp

SouthernSiberianSister

Comparing Buster Brown to Coach Chiz is unfair. Chiz had character. Terry had a secretary.

Terry Bowden's record at Auburn was 47-17-1. I'd take that again in a heartbeat. There wasn't a single Dye recruit on Bowden's 1997 team that won the SEC West and finished 10-3, so let's drop the "Dye's Players" stuff before it starts. All things considered, Bowden's tenure here was a positive.

Comparing Buster Brown to Coach Chiz is unfair. Chiz had character. Terry had a secretary.

Terry Bowden's record at Auburn was 47-17-1. I'd take that again in a heartbeat. There wasn't a single Dye recruit on Bowden's 1997 team that won the SEC West and finished 10-3, so let's drop the "Dye's Players" stuff before it starts. All things considered, Bowden's tenure here was a positive.

with what he did to get himself essentially fired I can't agree.

What did he do? Minus bolting in the middle of a 3-8 season. Genuinely curious.

He was having an extramarital affair with the daughter of Bobby Lowder.

LOLLLL is this a main reason as to why he was told he wouldn't be back at AU during hte middle of the 1998 year? Or was it based solely on performance? It would seem kind of harsh since AU was coming off of a Western Division championship (even if it was a one man team).

LOLLLL is this a main reason as to why he was told he wouldn't be back at AU during hte middle of the 1998 year? Or was it based solely on performance? It would seem kind of harsh since AU was coming off of a Western Division championship (even if it was a one man team).

That was part of it. He just pissed off about everybody on the BOT and boosters with his attitude toward things. I don't know all the details of what went on but he left before they could fire him. That much I do know.

That was part of it. He just pissed off about everybody on the BOT and boosters with his attitude toward things. I don't know all the details of what went on but he left before they could fire him. That much I do know.

Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff. I remember the news broke a day before the Louisiana Tech game back, I believe, and nobody knew why. Man twitter and the internet sure changed the speed of information haha

is this common knowledge? Or rumored

is this common knowledge? Or rumored

very common knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

He did what I'd do. If my employer told me " finish your current assignment and then I'm gonna' fire you" I'd clean out my desk on the spot. As for the affair with Lowder's daughter, there was so much rumor about it that rumor became defacto fact. Whether there is any truth to it or not has never been factually determined.

Any Auburn fan that doesn't have a good feeling about what Coach Chizik accomplished for AU while he was here is off base, IMHO. There's not another coach in America that could have pulled his team through to an undefeated season in the face of all the garbage that was dumped on AU in 2010.

This season for example, one brushup between a player and an assistant coach wrecked the second half of the season. Chizik kept his team focused through much, much worse.

If Chizik keeps cashing checks for the rest of his life it's still money well spent on our part.

That Brushup as you call it was exactly the sort of thing that caused his demise. Maybe there weren't arguments between coaches and players but it was not a united team. 2010 was an us against the world mentality. The team rallied around Chizik and Cam. Those are two entirely different things. Also the whitehead situation didn't cost us the 2nd half of the season. Playing better competition with better passing quarterbacks exposed the defense badly. Whitehead wouldn't have made enough difference to change the ultimate outcome.

I agree with you tig. Chiz was very fortunate to get the opportunity to come to Auburn in the 1st place especially given his ordinary record @ ISU. I'd say his best work was putting his staff together(Gus springs immediately to mind)but, a couple of them weren't exactly great coaches. What he did after Gus and Roof left was his downfall. He deserves some credit but I can tell you this, while I appreciate what he did @ Auburn, Im glad he's at Carolina now.

Any Auburn fan that doesn't have a good feeling about what Coach Chizik accomplished for AU while he was here is off base, IMHO. There's not another coach in America that could have pulled his team through to an undefeated season in the face of all the garbage that was dumped on AU in 2010.

This season for example, one brushup between a player and an assistant coach wrecked the second half of the season. Chizik kept his team focused through much, much worse.

If Chizik keeps cashing checks for the rest of his life it's still money well spent on our part.

That Brushup as you call it was exactly the sort of thing that caused his demise. Maybe there weren't arguments between coaches and players but it was not a united team. 2010 was an us against the world mentality. The team rallied around Chizik and Cam. Those are two entirely different things. Also the whitehead situation didn't cost us the 2nd half of the season. Playing better competition with better passing quarterbacks exposed the defense badly. Whitehead wouldn't have made enough difference to change the ultimate outcome.

I agree with you tig. Chiz was very fortunate to get the opportunity to come to Auburn in the 1st place especially given his ordinary record @ ISU. I'd say his best work was putting his staff together(Gus springs immediately to mind)but, a couple of them weren't exactly great coaches. What he did after Gus and Roof left was his downfall. He deserves some credit but I can tell you this, while I appreciate what he did @ Auburn, Im glad he's at Carolina now.

he would make a good chaplin too.

He did what I'd do. If my employer told me " finish your current assignment and then I'm gonna' fire you" I'd clean out my desk on the spot. As for the affair with Lowder's daughter, there was so much rumor about it that rumor became defacto fact. Whether there is any truth to it or not has never been factually determined.

i disagree with point # 1. especially in a public setting. i would put on a happy face and remind myself i am auditioning for my next job. point #2 i dont know but your theory seems most likely to me.

Archived