Chizik on SEC network talking about Muschamp

SouthernSiberianSister

I would like to know as well. My guess is that Chiz said that Muschamp was the best DC at Auburn in the past 15 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice "work" if you can get it!...

Winning a National Championship means failure, amazing!

When you go from winning the National Championship to being fired two years later, I'd say that qualifies as failure.

Let's see...how many coaches have coached their entire lives and never even made it to the top 10 in Div 1? Think before you call anyone else a failure, you need to first reach the same peak...and then stay there.

Can't understand why people keep making cheap shots about Chiz...so he was not able to follow up on his NC...but consider some of the "successes" out there....Jimbo for example...successful or not, glad he is not associate with AU. And do a little checking around at all the coaches and managers that get fired every year....it comes with the job.

When you go from winning the National Championship to being fired two years later, I'd say that qualifies as failure.

Let's see...how many coaches have coached their entire lives and never even made it to the top 10 in Div 1? Think before you call anyone else a failure, you need to first reach the same peak...and then stay there.

Can't understand why people keep making cheap shots about Chiz...so he was not able to follow up on his NC...but consider some of the "successes" out there....Jimbo for example...successful or not, glad he is not associate with AU. And do a little checking around at all the coaches and managers that get fired every year....it comes with the job.

He had one outstanding year as a head coach in his entire career. The rest of it was mediocre at best. I have nothing against the man. He's a fine human being but we are still dealing with the effects of his 4 years here.

He had one outstanding year as a head coach in his entire career. The rest of it was mediocre at best. I have nothing against the man. He's a fine human being but we are still dealing with the effects of his 4 years here.

You must be kidding....look at the recruiting classes he left behind...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/commitments/2011

and lots happened prior to the 2012 season (shooting) that had to affect that team...and yes he made some bad hiring decisions...most of which were well received by AU supporters at the time...'stache and the coach who had coached Tom Brady...who had the crystal ball to see what was coming.

Just thinking that Gus is getting a free pass over his defensive and special teams hires and yet people want to reach back and dump on Chiz over some decisions he made? Can't understand that. Sorry but it kinda falls into the classless category for people to keep bringing that stuff up. JMO

Not trying to knock Chizik but he was a 25-38 career coach without Cam Newton. And 8-28 without Gus on the sideline. When a coach can come in and take the same players you went 3-9 with the year to a national championship game it's hard not to use the "F" word. That's taking nothing away from him as a human being or the way he was able to guide the ship in '10. But Terry Bowden has been more succesful than him as a head coach. Let that sink in.

I for one am a Chizik fan.He was the head coach for the only Nat. Championship in my lifetime and I for one will always be thankful to him for that and it does bother me that so many so called Auburn fans feel the need to bash him.He has been fired he has moved on the least the AU FAMILY can do is move on too there is nothing to benefit from bashing coach Chizik.

Not trying to knock Chizik but he was a 25-38 career coach without Cam Newton. And 8-28 without Gus on the sideline. When a coach can come in and take the same players you went 3-9 with the year to a national championship game it's hard not to use the "F" word. That's taking nothing away from him as a human being or the way he was able to guide the ship in '10. But Terry Bowden has been more succesful than him as a head coach. Let that sink in.

^this^

I'll give Chiz credit for hiring Gus, even though he became jealous of him, as soon as he starting winning with Cam and company!

Terry Bowden is a great game day coach, the rest is lacking, Bowden would have been one of the best highest paid offensive coordinators ever but should not have ever been a head coach. Chizik? Pride goeth before a fall. I look at the way Gus left for a less lucrative position (he could have taken Vandy after the 2010 championship) and he was either forced out by Chizik or he knew we were headed for disaster and realized everyone would get the ax eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Any Auburn fan that doesn't have a good feeling about what Coach Chizik accomplished for AU while he was here is off base, IMHO. There's not another coach in America that could have pulled his team through to an undefeated season in the face of all the garbage that was dumped on AU in 2010.

This season for example, one brushup between a player and an assistant coach wrecked the second half of the season. Chizik kept his team focused through much, much worse.

If Chizik keeps cashing checks for the rest of his life it's still money well spent on our part.

Any Auburn fan that doesn't have a good feeling about what Coach Chizik accomplished for AU while he was here is off base, IMHO. There's not another coach in America that could have pulled his team through to an undefeated season in the face of all the garbage that was dumped on AU in 2010.

This season for example, one brushup between a player and an assistant coach wrecked the second half of the season. Chizik kept his team focused through much, much worse.

If Chizik keeps cashing checks for the rest of his life it's still money well spent on our part.

this ^^

That Brushup as you call it was exactly the sort of thing that caused his demise. Maybe there weren't arguments between coaches and players but it was not a united team. 2010 was an us against the world mentality. The team rallied around Chizik and Cam. Those are two entirely different things. Also the whitehead situation didn't cost us the 2nd half of the season. Playing better competition with better passing quarterbacks exposed the defense badly. Whitehead wouldn't have made enough difference to change the ultimate outcome.

Happy for Chiz...and he has almost a slam dunk situation...UNC-CH had probably the worst defense in Div 1....gave up points by the ton. Hope it goes well for him and Chapel Hill is a very nice place to live.

Archived