Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the outlook on Muschamp must still be positive since Gus has not moved forward with anyone else.

CWM is not coming to AU. He would be here by now if he decided to... its not going to happen. The deal is done for SCAR.

As mentioned 100 times by people in this thread, no. He is on vacation in the Dominican and has not made any deals with anyone

and you believe he is on vacay?

He's definitely not at work. ;)

LOL! I hope his next job is at AU, but its looking grim.

AU4Always has got to be a refugee from Al.com. :dunno:/>

No need to cuss the man!

#WDE

I'm guessing the outlook on Muschamp must still be positive since Gus has not moved forward with anyone else.

CWM is not coming to AU. He would be here by now if he decided to... its not going to happen. The deal is done for SCAR.

As mentioned 100 times by people in this thread, no. He is on vacation in the Dominican and has not made any deals with anyone

My only question is why are we not looking around? Gus does not seem like one who would sit on his hands unless he had a good reason.

He has other people on his radar. CWM is his first choice and he's made an offer to him. He's now waiting on a reply back. He won't sit around forever trust me. These things take time. Everybody just assumes this will take place in a couple of days time. CWM probably told Auburn that he would make a decision by a certain date one way or the other. I'm sure they told him they need to know as soon as possible.

Anyone else ready for this to end so we can move on? Only in American can someone be canned and then a bidding war occur for his services.

T

Muschamp is a great example of the Peter Principle. You can be bad at one job but great at another.

My only question is why are we not looking around? Gus does not seem like one who would sit on his hands unless he had a good reason.

He has other people on his radar. CWM is his first choice and he's made an offer to him. He's now waiting on a reply back. He won't sit around forever trust me. These things take time. Everybody just assumes this will take place in a couple of days time. CWM probably told Auburn that he would make a decision by a certain date one way or the other. I'm sure they told him they need to know as soon as possible.

I agree, and that decision will be SCAR...unfortunately

I'm not sure how relevant the vacation is as far as negotiations. All he has to do is tell his agent "this is what I want" and his agent works out all the details. I think the delay is either A. There is an issue in the details that hasn't been worked out yet. Or B. They are waiting to "leak" at a specific time.

I do think it is telling that there is no info about Gus pursuing anyone else right now. Either that has been very under the radar or he is very confident in getting CWM. Also, I don't think he would have told recruits they would be very pleased with the hire if he had no clue who it would be.

My humble advice, expect CWM to be announced at the exact time they have already determined, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Looking around the webz for something new, I found an old story I was not aware of which leads me to believe Will Muschamp has to come to Auburn...

While Will Muschamp and his wife were on vacation in the Bahamas, his parents, Larry and Sally Muschamp, were babysitting their children in Coral Springs when an angry Saban called the house. He needed a particular document from Muschamp, and ordered Sally to fax it to him. Not finding a fax machine in her son's home, Sally drove to an office supply store to send it. Thirty minutes later, Saban had not received it and called again. He had given her the wrong number, Sally said. "Where's that fax?" Saban barked. "Get it to me now." Larry, by far the more easygoing of Muschamp's parents, was irate.

"That son of a bitch," he said. "I'm surprised she didn't say, 'When it gets there, put it where the sun don't shine.' She didn't. But that's Saban."

http://deadspin.com/...mps-poor-mother

Let's see they've had no contact and no jobs are open but he's going to go there. Yep that makes sense.

Update: No Highlights of thread to date......

It is a kin to watching reruns of Ground Hog Day

Never drive angry, use your mirrors.

Clueless.

So do you know more?

Nobody knows anything and that is the point we have all been trying to make here. It seems as though there are a hundred rumors a day and everybody latches on to every one of them. Just take a deep breath and find something else to do before you drive yourself crazy.

We get that you don't think Muschamp is coming to Auburn. You don't have to repeat it every other post on this thread. I'm sure you have a solid source to be so confident in your statements. Who is your source? Yeah, that is what I thought. It's your opinion and we know your opinion now so you don't have to repeat it.

We get that you don't think Muschamp is coming to Auburn. You don't have to repeat it every other post on this thread. I'm sure you have a solid source to be so confident in your statements. Who is your source? Yeah, that is what I thought. It's your opinion and we know your opinion now so you don't have to repeat it.

CWM to USCe.....wow...guess Spurrier is like me....always the last to know about anything really important. >:(

By that thinking, he'd be in College Station or Cola by now if either of them had hired him, right?

The thinking on the USCe boards has jumped over the edge. The latest delusion is that the HBC is selfishly scuttling the deal by not agreeing to a HCIW agreement because he wants his son to be the future head coach. So some are now calling for the HBC to resign. They've constructed an entire alternate universe fantasy around hiring a guy that has not even been officially contacted by the school!

It just doesn't get much crazier than that. :ucrazy:

Do yourself a favor and stay off the USCe boards if you are so susceptible to group insanity.

Would it not make a bigger splash to announce it today during the SEC Championship game to draw more publicity to Auburn and take away from bama.

Now that is the best statement I have read in the last few pages!

Would it not make a bigger splash to announce it today during the SEC Championship game to draw more publicity to Auburn and take away from bama.

I don't think Gus cares about this at all. I know I don't ...I for one don't get this level of thinking....playing for a championship and a spot in top 4 will outweigh who gets hired at Auburn...but on the same note I could care less about Bama's game unless Mizzou beats the hell out of them...

Such timing for an announcement would be a priority in GumpTown. I doubt the coaching staff at AU has given it any thought.

i don't think Auburn or muschamp wants to do that. Regardless of what we may think of the turds or Saban, Gus and CWM respect him and they don't want to take the spotlight away from the SEC championship game. I honestly don't think that any final decision has been made yet.

In other news, I was waiting on some water to boil for hard boiled eggs and found out from some AUFamily posters that the water will not be boiling in my pot since its been reported elsewhere that it would not happen. Also one crazy poster is sure my eggs will end up in South Carolina since they've already been offered Deviled Eggs In Waiting.

;)

In other news, I was waiting on some water to boil for hard boiled eggs and found out from some AUFamily posters that the water will not be boiling in my pot since its been reported elsewhere that it would not happen. Also one crazy poster is sure my eggs will end up in South Carolina since they've already been offered Deviled Eggs In Waiting.

;)

Watch out the NFL may scramble them up.

I don't think Gus cares about this at all. I know I don't ...I for one don't get this level of thinking....playing for a championship and a spot in top 4 will outweigh who gets hired at Auburn...but on the same note I could care less about Bama's game unless Mizzou beats the hell out of them...

If Bama loses SEC it out of the playoff, that should make you care.

If the SEC gets left out then so be it. I am not enough of an SEC homer to want the turd to win.

If the SEC gets left out then so be it. I am not enough of an SEC homer to want the turd to win.

^^^^THIS

I wish I could like this post.

Unless it's Auburn, I don't care to see the SEC in the playoffs.

Archived