Bear's Syndrome: A Must Read!

Aubie7

I guess it's good that us Aubies think about ole bear sometimes since the bammers leave his statue out in the cold and rain at beautiful Legion Field :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*WARNING*

if you go in for a catscan and the doctor has a GOT 12? shirt on, RUN!

133141[/snapback]

oh, by the way, almost forgot... Neurologists don't do catscans.... they may read them, but they sure as hell don't perform em. Sorry.. don't post it unless you know what you're talkin about.... good try though.

Here's a lil info for you, if you care to educate yourself...

neurologist is a medical doctor or osteopath who has trained in the diagnosis and treatment of nervous system disorders, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles.

Neurologists perform neurological examinations of the nerves of the head and neck; muscle strength and movement; balance, ambulation, and reflexes; and sensation, memory, speech, language, and other cognitive abilities.

To become a board-certified neurologist several requirements must be met.

Education

Four years of premedical education in a college or university

Four years of medical school resulting in an MD or DO degree (doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree)

One year internship in either internal medicine or medicine/surgery

At least 3 years of specialty training in an accredited neurology residency program

Residency

Residency programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) provide supervised experience in hospital and ambulatory care settings as well as educational conferences and research trainings.

After completing residency training, neurologists may enroll in a fellowship program to develop expertise in a subspecialty such as stroke, dementia, or movement disorders.

Board Certification

After completing the educational requirements, medical doctors may seek certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).

To be eligible, applicants must:

Have an unrestricted state license to practice medicine

Complete the required years of residency

Successfully pass both a written (Part I) and oral (Part II) exam administered by the ABPN

Certification by the American Board of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists requires a high degree of competency in the practice of neurology at the time of certification.

To be eligible for board certification, applicants must:

Graduate from an approved college of osteopathic medicine

Have an unrestricted state license

Meet ethical standards established by the American Osteopathic Association

Be an active member of the American or Canadian Osteopathic Association for 2 years prior to certification

.....and, if he is a bama grad must be able to do catscans :P   :P   :P

133173[/snapback]

man, too bad i'm not a bama grad.. but anything would be better than graduating from CCU....

And i don't know how ya'll figure we don't have 12, since EVERY NCAA record book has it that way.  I guess the NCAA has a conspiracy against YA'LL. 

133123[/snapback]

You are, I'm sure, aware that the NCAA does not recognize a national champion, right? I mean anyone who can impress us with a cut/paste job description and wow us with his future profession can grasp that simple, little concept.

The Sporting News: Football Almanac doesn't recognize all of Alabama's supposed National Championships ('30-'34-'41)

Notre Dame in '30 & Minnesota in '34 & '41

And i don't know how ya'll figure we don't have 12, since EVERY NCAA record book has it that way.  I guess the NCAA has a conspiracy against YA'LL. 

133123[/snapback]

You are, I'm sure, aware that the NCAA does not recognize a national champion, right? I mean anyone who can impress us with a cut/paste job description and wow us with his future profession can grasp that simple, little concept.

133185[/snapback]

ok, i'll give it to you... a few people on here got me so riled i'm not thinking straight.. and the job description was because one person on here made a crack about my education. i'm workin my A** off tryin to finish med school.. And i don't take it lightly when someone cracks on it. I've paid out the A** for it, and i'm not gonna stand for someone to belittle it...

Alabama has only won 2 national championships outright ('79 & '92), as yes, I'm aware that the 1 we have is shared too.

133191[/snapback]

look, you know what, i actually joined this to talk football, not argue bullsh**... i like to see differing opinions, and yes, i'm a BAMA fan, even though i don't live in Alabama. And no, i wasn't born when Bear was alive. But my father was, and i love football history. So i read everything i can get my hands on regarding the subject, as well as any other. So i'm through arguing with this thread.

ok, i'll give it to you...

You're not giving me anything. A fact is a fact.

a few people on here got me so riled i'm not thinking straight.. 

I hope you're never my doctor if a message board gets you so flustered you can't think straight.

and the job description was because one person on here made a crack about my education.  i'm workin my A** off tryin to finish med school.. And i don't take it lightly when someone cracks on it.  I've paid out the A** for it, and i'm not gonna stand for someone to belittle it...

133192[/snapback]

I respect that. I worked, and paid, for an extensive education and I don't stand idly by while someone denigrates it.

Ease up a bit, it's just in good fun here. :thumbsup:

Not really. uaters are eager to argue against the FACTS any old time. :D

I've been waiting to try out the ignored users feature...now I have my chance.

Dear BAMA fan who is in med school, I was in Residency at South Alabama when "The Bear" died after a heart cath. Call it gallow's humor but the Auburn graduates had T shirts made that said "I was there when they Cath'd the Bear--War Eagle"

If you are going to make a successful carreer in Medicine you need to learn that bad things happen to good people and you have to deal with it--It comes with the job. I have learned that fact the hard way in both my civilian medical practice as well as serving in the military for 10 years. Watching close friends including felow flight surgeons die, sometimes humor is the best way to handle the situation. Don't take everything personally. Get back to the llibrary-only 50% of what you are learning is correct but you don;t know which 50%. Good Luck with Boards.

Dear BAMA fan who is in med school, I was in Residency at South Alabama when "The Bear" died after a heart cath. Call it gallow's humor but the Auburn graduates had T shirts made that said "I was there when they Cath'd the Bear--War Eagle" 

If you are going to make a successful carreer in Medicine you need to learn that  bad things happen to good people and you have to deal with it--It comes with the job.  I have learned that fact the hard way in both my civilian medical practice as well as serving in the military for 10 years. Watching close friends including felow flight surgeons die, sometimes humor is the best way to handle the situation.  Don't take everything personally. Get back to the llibrary-only 50% of what you are learning is correct but you don;t know which 50%.  Good Luck with Boards.

133327[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words... that's a first! anyways, i swear i live in the library actually.. and i don't even want to think about Boards...

hey, wanna crack more jokes... because i am educated.  I am in medical school, studying to be a Neurologist.  and sorry for the Ya'll... i know it's y'all.. was just tryin to type to fast and didn't take the time to proofread what i wrote.  And to whomever said that Bama doesn't have 12 NC's, then by that great bit of logic, y'all wouldn't even have 1 NC would you?  Think about it before you make posts like that.

133138[/snapback]

Typical dead Bear follower! "12 NC's, yada, yada, yada"... we kicked your @$$ again but all you talk about is your "12 titles" :no: I know you look forward to 2008, when you guys will have a legit chance to beat Auburn again. Please keep posting here, we love it! :au:

133143[/snapback]

yeah, and i believe you were the one who said that we didn't have 12... but hey, i'll talk about anything intelligent you want to talk about, if in fact you can make an intelligent comment for a change, or at least one in which you have facts to back up the foolishness coming out of your mouth.

133152[/snapback]

It must be fun to be out of school for the Holiday's, isn't it? Did you get to bring home any drawings for your Mom's fridge? By reading your posts, I can only guess that you are in about the 10th grade, at the most. I am not trying to be mean, just stating the obvious. I hope your Daddy can take you to a UAT game one day, that is, IF he knows where they play. Of course, you need to make good grades, so don't dissapoint him! By now, I am sure you are fast asleep dreaming of Santa. Don't worry, he isn't a loser, like your tide team, just because he wears red also. Try to leave the front door on the trailer/shack/gov't housing apt. open so he can get in Christams Eve. Please try and think of something funny/original/smart/ or half way interesting to say before posting here again. This site is mainly for adults, but you kids are welcome, just try harder to contribute readable material. Oh well, have a good day tomorrow, maybe you can go to the mall! Won't that be fun?! You can probably still sit on Santa's lap! Bye!

P.S.- 21-13 28-23 17-7

133123[/snapback]

133185[/snapback]

Good job Wesfau! I was just about to say the same thing. Isn't it amazing what children learn on computers these days!? At such a young age too!

133123[/snapback]

133185[/snapback]

ok, i'll give it to you... a few people on here got me so riled i'm not thinking straight.. and the job description was because one person on here made a crack about my education. i'm workin my A** off tryin to finish med school.. And i don't take it lightly when someone cracks on it. I've paid out the A** for it, and i'm not gonna stand for someone to belittle it...

133192[/snapback]

Sounds like you should have been a proctologist, since you are having such a problem with your A**. :roflol::roflol:

Alabama has only won 2 national championships outright ('79 & '92), as yes, I'm aware that the 1 we have is shared too.

133191[/snapback]

look, you know what, i actually joined this to talk football, not argue bullsh**... i like to see differing opinions, and yes, i'm a BAMA fan, even though i don't live in Alabama. And no, i wasn't born when Bear was alive. But my father was, and i love football history. So i read everything i can get my hands on regarding the subject, as well as any other. So i'm through arguing with this thread.

133193[/snapback]

If you came to an Auburn site expecting everyone to agree with your UAT line of thinking, then you are not as smart as you say you are. :no: You will continue to take abuse at every turn here for acting the way you have so far. The only thing that you are doing is to enforce the typical UAT sterotype that we all love to abuse. Thanks!

Do you believe the number 12 (or even 21) represents any of the numbers 6 through 9?

Now, y'all help me out here, 'cause I'm just a dumb, iggernunt Bammer who's having trouble with all this. Does the above quote refer to Alabama's national championships and their SEC titles? If so, I feel a need (you know how it is with needs) to respond. While the 12 NCs are arguable, the 21 SEC championships are not. Bama has, indeed, won outright or shared 21 SEC titles.

SEC Champs

And, Bama has certainly won more NCs than the six ABC Sports (or whoever) seems to want to give us. Coach Bryant won six himself. Stallings won one, also. That's seven. Throw in any others that you feel are legitimate and you've got way more than six.

NCs

Personally, I don't care how many we have. It's enough for me to know that we have a bunch. And, just so you know, I've offered my congratulations on your 12-0 season elsewhere on this forum. Undefeated ain't nuthin' to sneeze at. I hope you tear Va Tech a new one.

Crimson,

You are helping out your fellow UAT posters with some of your more educational posts. Maybe one day they will learn from you.

AuWho,

If you are spending so much time in the library why don't you look up some grammatical rules. 'i' is capitalized when talking about yourself, for example: "I would marry Bear if he were still alive, but since he's not I made my wife change her name to Bear!"

Anyways, happy posting here. More posts like that and you probably won't want to stick around for long.

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE HOKIES!!!!!

Archived