How many spots do we have left?

AU Is Gold

After the commitment of Tega the afternoon, how many spots does that leave us with? I have heard 6, 7, and 8. If anyone can confirm any of these, I'm sure it would be appreciated by not only me, but everyone else. Thank you.

How did we go from 6 to 8 in a week, even after Tega committed?

Loss of McGriff was one.

Dont know about the other. Ive seen speculation on other boards perhaps Ike Powell wont be going on scholarship?

Because of transfers of Harding,Alexander. Melvin Ray is walk on cuz MLB pays his schooling and then Jaylon Denson likely done.They will also likely grey shirt the punter,kicker cant remember which postion he is.

Transfers don't factor into this equation.

According to my figures we have 28 total slots available. Austin Golson will take one of those, leaving 27 with 20 already committed. Now with Tega's commitment we have 27 minus 21 committed = 6 left.

Because of transfers of Harding,Alexander. Melvin Ray is walk on cuz MLB pays his schooling and then Jaylon Denson likely done.They will also likely grey shirt the punter,kicker cant remember which postion he is.

The punter will be on scholarship this year. They want him to win the punter job.

22 with Darius Slayton just committing, meaning we have 5 left by your calculations, others say 6.....

Didn't catch Slayton's announcement. Great news! Yes, that leaves us with 5 for tomorrow, if we can get 'em. (I'm not being snooty, it's just that in prior years every time my numbers have varied from the pay sites, I've been right and them wrong. I always hold out that this could be the year that gets reversed, but I don't think it will) I keep track with a pencil and legal pad and have done it that way for years. I've found that beats asking some passing person in the halls of the athletic dept. that has other things on his mind and may not want the truth to be out there anyway.

Archived