JJ is the New AD

DKW 86

David, I have all the respect in the world for you but IMHO you are fanning the fires of discontent. We need to all give JJ our full support and move on.

133023[/snapback]

Well, since I know I don't have a whole lot of your respect to lose, I agree with David's sentiments. He's expressing his opinion. We'll all support JJ, if its him, and hope for the best, but it doesn't hurt him to feel his feet to the fire on this issue. We want him to prove his independence, if he can.

You don't seem to believe Lowder is an issue. That's your right, but many disagree. I think he's a cancer that I don't want to spread any more.

133027[/snapback]

I agree with you for the most part and I even agree with you Lowder is an issue. I never said he wasn't. I wrote just yesterday that I wish Lowder would leave so that the perception he portrays (right or wrong) would no longer be an issue. I have no hard evidence that Lowder is clean in all this but by the same token, I see little evidence offered (nothing more than speculation and beliefs) that he controls things to the degree he is given credit for. I can't understand why Lowder is blamed for everything yet McWhorter and Franklin, for example, are hardly ever mentioned. I do respect your views, although you are just fun to argue with. If I didn't value your opinion I would just block your posts like I do several people on this board. I just ask that my views/opinions are respected too. I wouldn't know JJ if I saw him but I am not part of the GOB David refers to either. I will support JJ until criticism of him is deserved.

133030[/snapback]

I must say, that I am a bit of a fence sitter, in that I agree a little with both sides. But here's the bottom line. If Tubs gets his big, guaranteed contract, and he ACCEPTS whomever will be the AD, I will give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. If Tubs signs the contract...he's signed off on the AD...yes?

One day Lowder will be dead - hopefully TT is still our coach by then. Then we will have nothing to worry about.

133148[/snapback]

Are you kidding? The same people who bitch all the time now will just find someone else to blame :D

Facts. Isn't that what we hear about all the time on this board, facts? Not a single one of you has stated any facts, or evidence to back up what you have written. Tell me "why" JJ will be "the poison"? "How" is JJ a puppet? "Why" is CTT unhappy with all of this? Have any of you talked, personally, with JJ, CTT,BL, or any other board member? I would think not. Not one thing that JJ has done has ever pointed to him being a "bad hire" for this University. He is a true Auburn man and will do a great job as AD. So many of you here talk about not doing things to fan the fires and cause problems, but in this post section, you have done just that! Do you really think that JJ will come in and try to destroy Auburn? Do you think BL thinks of ways to do this each day? Granted, we sometimes question some people's motives, but they are not trying to take down the University. The people that do take down a school's name and rep. are the ordinary people like you and I. We are the ones constantly putting the leaders down, on the web, and in other mediums. If this University has any chance of coming around to being whole again, we, the people and fans, have to be the ones to make a difference. Yes, we are going to complain about play calls and such, but we have to stand up and support the school. No, we don't have to like every hire or Board decision, but we are not in those meetings and did not hear, first-hand, why those decisons were made. JJ is going to be great, I firmly believe that! He is a good Christian man, a good family man, and a good AUBURN man, which is what we need right now. If you can't support him, then stay quiet. If he screws up, then I guess you can send all the "I told you so's" out to all of your friends. Auburn, the school, is in a transition period and we need everyone on the same page. If you don't have facts to show, please don't put down JJ. Put up or shut up. That's just my opinion, to which I am entitled. Have a good day and a safe trip to New Orleans. :au:

Facts. Isn't that what we hear about all the time on this board, facts? Not a single one of you has stated any facts, or evidence to back up what you have written. Tell me "why" JJ will be "the poison"? "How" is JJ a puppet? "Why" is CTT unhappy with all of this? Have any of you talked, personally, with  JJ, CTT,BL, or any other board member? I would think not. Not one thing that JJ has done has ever pointed to him being a "bad hire" for this University. He is a true Auburn man and will do a great job as AD. So many of you here talk about not doing things to fan the fires and cause problems, but in this post section, you have done just that! Do you really think that JJ will come in and try to destroy Auburn? Do you think BL thinks of ways to do this each day? Granted, we sometimes question some people's motives, but they are not trying to take down the University. The people that do take down a school's name and rep. are the ordinary people like you and I. We are the ones constantly putting the leaders down, on the web, and in other mediums. If this University has any chance of coming around to being whole again, we, the people and fans, have to be the ones to make a difference. Yes, we are going to complain about play calls and such, but we have to stand up and support the school. No, we don't have to like every hire or Board decision, but we are not in those meetings and did not hear, first-hand, why those decisons were made. JJ is going to be great, I firmly believe that! He is a good Christian man, a good family man, and a good AUBURN man, which is what we need right now. If you can't support him, then stay quiet. If he screws up, then I guess you can send all the "I told you so's" out to all of your friends. Auburn, the school, is in a transition period and we need everyone on the same page. If you don't have facts to show, please don't put down JJ. Put up or shut up. That's just my opinion, to

which I am entitled. Have a good day and a safe trip to New Orleans. :au:

133168[/snapback]

You get my vote for one of the best posts I have ever seen on this board. Thanks. :cheer:

Auburn, the school, is in a transition period and we need everyone on the same page.

What Auburn needs is solid leadership.....something that has been sorely lacking in recent years. Can you not see that this issue is much less about JJ and much more about the quest for no-strings leadership? For many of us, we've already "been there done that" when it comes to the same page routine. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice.....

BTW - I agree with you that JJ's character should not be vilified as a result of the process. It's not his fault, IMO.

I am very confused. Maybe I am the only one... but I still don't know the connection b/w JJ and BL? Could someone enlighten this out of the loop tiger? Thanks!! :au:

I am very confused.  Maybe I am the only one... but I still don't know the connection b/w JJ and BL?  Could someone enlighten this out of the look tiger?  Thanks!! :au:

133182[/snapback]

The way I understand it is:

BL hired Pat Dye

Pat Dye is on the board of Colonial Bank.

JJ played football for Pat Dye.

JJ is also married to a sister of another former Pat Dye football player.

But it could be more convoluted than that. :blink:

OK...here goes nothing...

I have been accused of being nothing more than a 'sunshine pumper.' True enough, I suppose. In fact, I have all but ceased posting on AUNation because I doubted that I had anything of value to say. At least, as 'worth' seems to be measured by many on the board...it seems the only 'true' AU fan (according to some) is the one who can find something to bitch about even when we are in the midst of the greatest season in our football teams history (with apologies to the '57, '83, '93 Tigers).

What we know now about AU and our football team is that greatness has been achieved. We are seeing accolades spread to our coaches and our players. The president has said that he considers our coach to be the 'best in America.' We have a team that will be remembered as long, or longer, than whichever team wins the Orange Bowl...because their great team was left out in a flawed BCS system.

We have some outstanding high school recruits who have chosen AU and others who are considering coming here...to be part of something special. (I rest comfortably in the 'gut feeling' that they don't waste much time reading forum boards of the schools they consider.)

We have a team who is inspiring others to join them in 'hooking up' to become something even more special than a team...marching together toward the common goal of greatness.

And what gets the most attention and/or response on this hallowed board??? Rumor and inuendo. Its Great to Be an AUburn Gossip!

And with that: My last post...peace.

War Eagle...ALWAYS! :au:

Here's my point.

Dr. Ed said the other day that it's down to two and they are so close it would basically be a coin toss to pick one. Well, one is the object of controversy, JJ, and none of the others are. Why pick the one with controversy?

It seems to me that the choice is obvious. If JJ was superior to the other finalist, that would be different.

Here's my point.

Dr. Ed said the other day that it's down to two and they are so close it would basically be a coin toss to pick one.  Well, one is the object of controversy, JJ, and none of the others are.  Why pick the one with controversy?

It seems to me that the choice is obvious.  If JJ was superior to the other finalist, that would be different.

133248[/snapback]

JJ is a former Auburn player, has experience in the Auburn AD, and is an Auburn man. If they are all close, those characteristics would tilt my decision to JJ.

I am very confused.  Maybe I am the only one... but I still don't know the connection b/w JJ and BL?  Could someone enlighten this out of the look tiger?  Thanks!! :au:

133182[/snapback]

The way I understand it is:

BL hired Pat Dye

Pat Dye is on the board of Colonial Bank.

JJ played football for Pat Dye.

JJ is also married to a sister of another former Pat Dye football player.

But it could be more convoluted than that. :blink:

133184[/snapback]

AND...that sister went to a movie once and...

Kevin Bacon was in that movie!! :roflol::poke:

Well, let me see here. I think someone here on the board was trying to call me out on the AD search. Okay I'll answer as best I can.

I have been involved with this search for about 3-4 months now. I probably hosted more info in one place on this search than ANY site on the net. I would bet that I had more info than most media folks did on the search. Some even referred to the AUNation collection a time or two in articles. There, that is the foundation to look at.

I have collected a few, but not a lot of, sources here and there inside the AU Ath Dept, among boosters, and in the Adm at :au: I hear a lot but can only post some. What I do post, I find to be backed up by others on the net soon enough to make feel confident about what is going on and my sources being very good.

Many on this board know what I am talking about. I cannot share all I know at present. Some of it I will not be able to share even in the future. Lets just say that I am confident in what I say and many on the board know enough to call me on it if I am incompetent or stupid.

After the Monday Meeting between Dr Ed and CTT things changed much for the better:

1) CTT is indeed staying. He is very happy with contract he is getting.

2) His assts will be very happy too. All are getting more or less guaranteed contracts at multi-years, with pay raises.

3) CTT will get security from meddling BOT members.

4) I may be corrected on one thing I have said in print by tommorow afternoon. If I am wwwrrrrrrr....not correct, than I can handle it. ;)

5) I try to run the most accurate and most reliable board on the net. Our standards here are very high. The nature of the sources for issues such as this is very fluid. Example, in the last day or so, I found out that one source may have been mislead or was misleading me in some circumstances.

6) I report to the open forums only those things I can verify, that I am free to divulge. Much I cannot talk about yet.

Recently, there has been a division among the :au: Family because of the selfish actions of a few. I have tried to direct the :au: Family toward what I as an individual feel is a better future. I am not [part of some organized paranoid conspiracy group.

In doing so, I personally have made some folks mad at me and this site. I understand that and I accept that. I will keep doing what I feel is right for :au: though. If you find fault with me, that is fine. Heck, I will even host your thoughts and not edit nor ban even the most incensed poster as long as they are civil. Have in the past and will in the future. Free speech reigns here at AUN.

I started this board as a hobby. It is now more than that. It is my passion in life. It is my way of giving back to my :au: Family. If you complain about me or about AUNation, please understand that I really feel that you are just not fully aware of where my heart and goals are placed.

In short, if you want to complain, complain about my abilities and methods but not my reasons for taking up a fight. I am doing it to benefit my :au: Family, not myself.

Well, let me see here. I think someone here on the board was trying to call me out on the AD search. Okay I'll answer as best I can.

I have been involved with this search for about 3-4 months now. I probably hosted more info in one place on this search than ANY site on the net. I would bet that I had more info than most media folks did on the search. Some even referred to the AUNation collection a time or two in articles. There, that is the foundation to look at.

I have collected a few, but not a lot of, sources here and there inside the AU Ath Dept, among boosters, and in the Adm at :au: I hear a lot but can only post some. What I do post, I find to be backed up by others on the net soon enough to make feel confident about what is going on and my sources being very good.

Many on this board know what I am talking about. I cannot share all I know at present. Some of it I will not be able to share even in the future. Lets just say that I am confident in what I say and many on the board know enough to call me on it if I am incompetent or stupid.

After the Monday Meeting between Dr Ed and CTT things changed much for the better:

1) CTT is indeed staying. He is very happy with contract he is getting.

2) His assts will be very happy too. All are getting more or less guaranteed contracts at multi-years, with pay raises.

3) CTT will get security from meddling BOT members.

4) I may be corrected on one thing I have said in print by tommorow afternoon. If I am wwwrrrrrrr....not correct, than I can handle it. ;)

5) I try to run the most accurate and most reliable board on the net. Our standards here are very high. The nature of the sources for issues such as this is very fluid. Example, in the last day or so, I found out that one source may have been mislead or was misleading me in some circumstances.

6) I report to the open forums only those things I can verify, that I am free to divulge. Much I cannot talk about yet.

Recently, there has been a division among the :au: Family because of the selfish actions of a few. I have tried to direct the :au: Family toward what I as an individual feel is a better future. I am not [part of some organized paranoid conspiracy group.

In doing so, I personally have made some folks mad at me and this site. I understand that and I accept that. I will keep doing what I feel is right for :au: though. If you find fault with me, that is fine. Heck, I will even host your thoughts and not edit nor ban even the most incensed poster as long as they are civil. Have in the past and will in the future. Free speech reigns here at AUN.

I started this board as a hobby. It is now more than that. It is my passion in life. It is my way of giving back to my :au: Family. If you complain about me or about AUNation, please understand that I really feel that you are just not fully aware of where my heart and goals are placed.

In short, if you want to complain, complain about my abilities and methods but not my reasons for taking up a fight. I am doing it to benefit my :au: Family, not myself.

133362[/snapback]

For what its worth, we may have irritated each other in the past on another forum that will remain nameless B);) , but I'm largely in agreement with you on this one. Thanks for hard work. :au::cheer::thumbsup:

PT - Don't you think Dr. Ed would have taken into account JJs AU connections prior to announcing a coin flip? Btw, it is his AU connections that are at the root of the controversy.

DKW - Don't worry about it. Anyone who questions another's allegiance to AU because of a disagreement of opinion over the appointment of an AD does not deserve a reply. You and whoever else helps with this site are the ones who have given the complainer a forum to have his thoughts heard. That said, he or she should be allowed to complain, but it's water off a duck's back to me.

Merry Christmas!! Joy to the World! Peace be Upon Us!

Oh, &

WAR DAMN EAGLE, HEY!

DKW - Don't worry about it.  Anyone who questions another's allegiance to AU because of a disagreement of opinion over the appointment of an AD does not deserve a reply. 

I agree. Has someone done that?

I heard both Stan White and Terry Henly on B'ham radio. Both seemed excited about JJ. Both are huge Tubberville fans. What am I missing here?

Archived