JJ is the New AD

DKW 86

If we are to believe the word from Auburn tonight, including the Montgomery Advertiser, Jacobs is the AD.

Understand that there are many that are not happy that the GOB Network got their hand picked candidate and that the AD Search was just a dog and pony show.

Finebaum today reffered to Jacobs as Lowder's Cabana Boy, his Pool Boy, and yes, Finebaum even called him Lowder's Female Dog! :roflol:

I wish I could really laugh at that but it was just too real. We could have used a real AD, someone that doesn't look like a Lowder Lacky, someone that isnt best friends with Earlon McWhorter's Son-in-law. But that is what we got.

Look, Jacobs is AU all the way, but there is no way anyone with a brain the size of a walnut can say that he is going to make one decision that is not 100% Lowder/McWhorter's call. We will have no autonomy at all in the AD office and things are back to where they were just before the plane ride from hell. Just change the names...

We need to pray for a good contract for CTT and the assts. CTT will not accept any contract that does not give total insulation from the BOT. Just take my word on that. He will make sure his assts will be highly rewarded. I bet he asks for a ton more money that he was going to before.

I will tell you that our coach is not happy right now. Hope this ugly nightmare doesnt blow up in our face even more than it has so far.

Its amazing how we continue to compound our situation with these decisions. Are we trying to run CTT and staff off or is this a good hire? Why do I feel weak at my stomach and not extremely proud at this moment? Does anybody have any insight on this hire?

David, I have all the respect in the world for you but IMHO you are fanning the fires of discontent. We need to all give JJ our full support and move on.

David, I have all the respect in the world for you but IMHO you are fanning the fires of discontent. We need to all give JJ our full support and move on.

133023[/snapback]

Well, since I know I don't have a whole lot of your respect to lose, I agree with David's sentiments. He's expressing his opinion. We'll all support JJ, if its him, and hope for the best, but it doesn't hurt him to feel his feet to the fire on this issue. We want him to prove his independence, if he can.

You don't seem to believe Lowder is an issue. That's your right, but many disagree. I think he's a cancer that I don't want to spread any more.

Too bad he's not really a cancer because then we would have a much better chance of getting rid of him. They do wonders with that stuff these days.

p.s. Cancer just called and is very pissed. Something about please don't ever compare it to lowder again.

133023[/snapback]

Well, since I know I don't have a whole lot of your respect to lose, I agree with David's sentiments. He's expressing his opinion. We'll all support JJ, if its him, and hope for the best, but it doesn't hurt him to feel his feet to the fire on this issue. We want him to prove his independence, if he can.

You don't seem to believe Lowder is an issue. That's your right, but many disagree. I think he's a cancer that I don't want to spread any more.

133027[/snapback]

I agree with you for the most part and I even agree with you Lowder is an issue. I never said he wasn't. I wrote just yesterday that I wish Lowder would leave so that the perception he portrays (right or wrong) would no longer be an issue. I have no hard evidence that Lowder is clean in all this but by the same token, I see little evidence offered (nothing more than speculation and beliefs) that he controls things to the degree he is given credit for. I can't understand why Lowder is blamed for everything yet McWhorter and Franklin, for example, are hardly ever mentioned. I do respect your views, although you are just fun to argue with. If I didn't value your opinion I would just block your posts like I do several people on this board. I just ask that my views/opinions are respected too. I wouldn't know JJ if I saw him but I am not part of the GOB David refers to either. I will support JJ until criticism of him is deserved.

133023[/snapback]

... He's expressing his opinion. We'll all support JJ, if its him, and hope for the best, but it doesn't hurt him to feel his feet to the fire on this issue. We want him to prove his independence, if he can.

133027[/snapback]

Indeed! Couldn't agree more.

133023[/snapback]

Guilty!

I am discontented. This is the season of my discontent. Can the boobs on the BOT not enjoy one single good thing at AU without snatching defeat from the hands of victory?

133023[/snapback]

Guilty!

I am discontented. This is the season of my discontent. Can the boobs on the BOT not enjoy one single good thing at AU without snatching defeat from the hands of victory?

133034[/snapback]

I have an idea. lets get a petetion going to get David nominated for the BOTs :D

133023[/snapback]

... He's expressing his opinion. We'll all support JJ, if its him, and hope for the best, but it doesn't hurt him to feel his feet to the fire on this issue. We want him to prove his independence, if he can.

133027[/snapback]

133031[/snapback]

Can both you guys give me the directions to Fantasyland? I'll bet it's fun there.

133023[/snapback]

133027[/snapback]

133031[/snapback]

Can both you guys give me the directions to Fantasyland? I'll bet it's fun there.

133036[/snapback]

Couldnt get a job there, I still have my self respect... :lol:

133023[/snapback]

133027[/snapback]

I agree with you for the most part and I even agree with you Lowder is an issue. I never said he wasn't. I wrote just yesterday that I wish Lowder would leave so that the perception he portrays (right or wrong) would no longer be an issue. I have no hard evidence that Lowder is clean in all this but by the same token, I see little evidence offered (nothing more than speculation and beliefs) that he controls things to the degree he is given credit for. I can't understand why Lowder is blamed for everything yet McWhorter and Franklin, for example, are hardly ever mentioned. I do respect your views, although you are just fun to argue with. If I didn't value your opinion I would just block your posts like I do several people on this board. I just ask that my views/opinions are respected too. I wouldn't know JJ if I saw him but I am not part of the GOB David refers to either. I will support JJ until criticism of him is deserved.

133030[/snapback]

Consider your view respected.

:D:au:

DKW, I've read several accounts that CTT would be less than pleased with this hire. I haven't seen anything as to why. Any insight or is it the obvious assumption that he is hand picked to be an extension of the BOT? Another question. What was the problem with Dooley? Did he back out or did AU back off of him?

I would have had no problem at all with Dooley and he would have brought tons of experience and instant credibility to the position. JJ may be great. I'm not making my own assumptions about him and I'll support him just as I will any Auburn man.(Except Eric Ramsey :P )

Okay, Here is my two cents. Can we, as AU people, not ENJOY success without making an issue out of a NON issue? (Note to self..WE are currently TWELVE AND O ! ! !)

JJ is an AU Man. He has dedicated the better part of his LIFE to Auburn. Why is he being made out to be a puppet of "certain" so-called power brokers? (and, we have definate proof of any or all of these rumors...RIGHT?)

What if he is the right man for the job and is hired because of that fact?

He. or whomever is named AD, will have my support until I have REASON to question that which I feel, as an AU man, I owe. :au:

p.s. Darn that Bobby Lowder...How dare he donate tons of cash to AUBURN each and every year. :blink:

p.s.s. Will the last person out turn off the JH lights and pass the Tylenol? :rolleyes:

Tim, seriously, I'm not questioning the hire and JJ may be absolutely wonderful. As I said, he'll get my support and I will fire off an e-mail to him saying so. My problem is that I'd like to clarify what I've heard from more than one source concerning CTT's opposition to this hire. If there is any possibility of dissention in the ranks, I don't want to be blind sided. Let's not forget that CTT was absolutely slapped in the face last year about this time and I doubt that 12-0 has healed all those wounds. CTT is the man I want running this program and he needs to know the administration feels that way as well.

Tim, We are all AU Family here. But CTT feels he has been slapped in the face by the Adm on this one. Instead of enjoying the 12-0 season, and support the coaches, they moved to put in a Cabana-Pool-Bitch (per Finebaum) Boy as AD. In want to believe that Jacobs was a good hire. Unfortunately with the e-mails and phone calls I get lately, I can tell you that it was close to, if not being, the worst hire.

Tonite I can tell you that AU split even more into two warring camps and I see nothing at all going to corerect that. One camp wants to run roughshod over the other at every turn. The first one could not careless unless the Coach is there little lackey. The other wants sanity, respect, a winning tradition AND players with Character.

Tim, seriously, I'm not questioning the hire and JJ may be absolutely wonderful.  As I said, he'll get my support and I will fire off an e-mail to him saying so.  My problem is that I'd like to clarify what I've heard from more than one source concerning CTT's opposition to this hire.  If there is any possibility of dissention in the ranks, I don't want to be blind sided.  Let's not forget that CTT was absolutely slapped in the face last year about this time and I doubt that 12-0 has healed all those wounds.  CTT is the man I want running this program and he needs to know the administration feels that way as well.

133059[/snapback]

I agree 100%. What is missing on this subject is INFORMATION and FACTS. It is hard for me to discuss the good character of someone without FACTS. That is all I am saying.

Coach Tuberville SHOULD be supported by every AU person..Without any doubt. :thumbsup:

I'm not even going to think about this load of trash. We're 12-0 and we have a big game coming up.

CTT will get his raise as well as the staff and AU will move forward for the better.

133036[/snapback]

So you think we are in fantasyland because we agree with David's sentiments? :huh:

If JJ is chosen, is there anything you can do right off but support him, hope for the best and keep his feet to the fire when it comes to doing what is right? That is simply reality. Richardson is a short-timer so you can't really retaliate there, and we have all seen how easy it is to get rid of Lowder and McWhorter. :rolleyes:

I don't always agree with Tex and I think that is well documented in another forum here, but I think he is absolutely right here.

Are you sure you read our posts right?

I am not a fan of Lowder either. I don't think there is a bigger AU man around, but his love for AU has a tendancy to cause harm.

133023[/snapback]

133027[/snapback]

133031[/snapback]

133036[/snapback]

It's right behind the big castle. You can't miss it.

:D

Here's my e-mail to Richardson:

Well Doc,

You said the difference between the two top candidates is nothing more than a flip of a coin. According to some sources, you intend to appoint Jacobs as AD. Well, isn't that a coincidence! The guy that conventional wisdom says Lowder supports just happened to be picked. Looks like the coin toss came up tales, and you are about to make an ass out of our great institution again. I really don't think you care. Give Lowder a kiss on the butt for me!

XXXXXXXXXXX (my name went here)

Class of '74

I don't know JJ and he may indeed be a fine person. But IMHO, it's not about JJ, he's merely the current pawn in the greater game.

Mistrust and a lack of credibility with regard to the BOT and its practices are the central issue that continues still. Its the same issue that has been behind Auburn controversies reaching back into the mid-eighties.

If Dr. Ed wanted to avoid questions over this decision, then he should've made a selection that was above the appearance of impropriety. And that standard is much more stringent today, in the wake of the BOT's past misdeeds.

For those of you stating that we (the Auburn family) should all get behind JJ and support him I have just one question.... why? Why should we continue to accept less than forthright practices by AU's governing body?

Most people commiting such mistakes would've long ago been fired for incompetence or malfeasance ....................

well dudes and dudettes,dkw,legal and esquire have told you the facts about this matter and some of you want can't see through the sunshine that is blinding you....this is an awful hire for the future of AU....like some of you, i am sick of the damn board of trustees.....why can't they act and govern like something more than a bunch of selfish children?....i have supported AU for 45 years and have not missed a game in that time, so this statement is a strong one: if coach tubs leaves because of these b*****ds, ya'll can count me out for the future.....no more money, no more books,no more following the football program.....i have seen stuff like this go on for years and years and i am just tired of it.....coach tubs is the best thing AU has seen since coach jordan and if those SOB's mess it up,then that is the proverbial straw for me.....it is always something that is self-created by AU people that messes up every damn good thing that we have going for us.....lowder and mcwhorter should be hung up by their balls in the middle of the everglades and left for the mosquito's to feast on....franlin is nothing more than a token who wants to feel important......i've had it with them......remember, i know the family of one player and one of the new trustee's coming on board next year and i am telling you that what you read on this forum about jacobs is true....jacobs is poison for the future of AU......RICHARDSON should be ran out of the state.....he is a liar,and a coward.....you guys can get ready for a new search for a coach next year......this makes want to puke

If I didn't value your opinion I would just block your posts like I do several people on this board.

133030[/snapback]

testing...testing...personal mesage to PT...dude...am i on your block list??

please respond if you see this...i gotta know! i can't work just thinking about your not seeing my posts.

Archived