Tuberville Would Listen...

lsuj2006

The rumors persist for a few assorted reasons.

1) CTT is wanting a better negotiating stance.

2) CTT is wanting even more cash.

3) Someone else is wantiong to hurt our recruiting.

I will answer this way:

CTT will not leave AU because of several reasons. He has a large, strong popularity among many boosters. He and his family are happy in Auburn. His buyout is already ridiculous.

Guys, CTT is going nowhere. people like Barnhart trying to sell more papers is just par for the course. Relax, Beat Va Tech!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think CTT will not leave. Honestly, I do not see the upside of moving. Other than easier recruiting I do not see LSU as a better job. Plus, he has spent 6 years building his program here. He would have to do the same thing there to some extent just to get the program to fit his style. If you think LSU does not have a McWhorter or Lowder clone your kidding yourself. All schools have those type of people it is, sadly, part of college football. I beleive this is all a ploy to keep his name hot and put pressure on AU to realize they have a hot coach. I do believe he was interested in the job before Saban got their. My view is if he wants to leave , Au will not be able to keep him. So let him go. I think we would be able to get a good coach to replace him. Thanks to the work of CTT and staff. I think this is all media rumor and something to talk about. :lsu::au:

I wouldn't blame Tubs if he left. But, if he has truly given his agent the greenlight to talk with LSU about that job, or any job really, he may as well go. It gives the other coaches a basis to tell recruits he's not happy, won't stay, blah, blah, blah. He was screwed, and now he's been offered a great deal. Accept it or move on. I'd understand either response, but he loses a lot of good will and credibility if he goes down this road.

I think CTT will not leave. Honestly,  I do not see the upside of moving.  Other than easier recruiting I do not  see LSU as a better job.  Plus, he has spent 6 years building his program here.  He would have to do the same thing there to some extent just  to get the program to fit his style.  If you think LSU does not have a McWhorter or Lowder clone your kidding yourself.  All schools have those type of people it is, sadly, part of college football.  I beleive this is all a ploy to keep his name hot and put pressure on AU to realize they have a hot coach.  I do believe he was interested in the job before Saban got their.  My view is if he wants to leave , Au will not be able to keep him.  So let him go.  I think we would be able to get a good coach to replace him.  Thanks to the work of CTT and staff.  I think this is all media rumor and something to talk about. :lsu:   :au:

134021[/snapback]

Like who?

134019[/snapback]

Good lord David...you have become quite the conspiracy theorist lately. You really think the AJC and Mobile Register would risk lawsuits for running stories with no backing...just to hurt AU recruiting?

No chance he leaves Auburn for LSU... I think he is a great coach but he has Auburn rolling, you guys love him and he loves Auburn. Way I see it this is the College Football AntiChrist Sexton trying to get more scheckles out of Auburn thats all.

Sad thing it may work....

Sexton is like Scott Boras...

I guess he is doing his job...

Like who?

I think our chances of getting a good coach are a lot better now then they were when CTT got here. I believe we could get a good coach. I would look at Chizic first and then maybe Chow. I do not think there would be a problem getting a coach if he left, but I do not think he will.

I asked my brother about this...as he belongs to a lot of premium boards...and for what it's worth, here's what he had to say:

"He has told friends he wants to retire at AU. This is probably maneuvering by Jimmy Sexton to get more years (money) added to his contract. He and his family love AU and have no desire to leave."

I must say that I agree. Did you see his house on the lake on "Cold Pizza"...DANG!This sounds more like an agent trying to up his commission to me, than anything else. Relax guys...and enjoy the trip to N'awlins!!! :au::homer:

Tubbs got burned when he was still at Ole Miss and said he had no interest in Auburn then left anyway. It made him look very bad. His comments sound very similiar to Franchione when the A & M thing was happening at UAT. Tubbs has not said "no I am not going". This means he has some interest from a monetary point of view. The ability to win and win big is the same at AU as LSU. I believe most coaches are always looking at the best "retirement package". In other words when I get fired how much will I get. Based on that if the money is that good he could go. Tubbs knows this is the right week to do this. I believe recruiting is in a dead no visit no call period. So he could repair any potential damage to recruits next week after the bowl game. I personally believe that Auburn is much better place to raise a family than Baton Rouge, so if the money is close he stays, if not he goes.

134019[/snapback]

Good lord David...you have become quite the conspiracy theorist lately. You really think the AJC and Mobile Register would risk lawsuits for running stories with no backing...just to hurt AU recruiting?

134026[/snapback]

I was not talking about the reporters with that particular cpmment. We had posted here and on ITAT a thread from TI or Bamamag where some were planning on posting trash rumors on CTT to hurt recruiting. That is a fact, no conspiracy theory here.

1) CTT is wanting a better negotiating stance.

That sounds reasonable.

2) CTT is wanting even more cash.

For himself but even more for assistants.

3) Someone else is wanting to hurt our recruiting.

Why would someone at the Atlanta Constitution, want to help UGA or GT. Surely not in Georgia where Auburn recruits very well each year.

I go to church with Tommy and I think he is very happy in Auburn. His family is settled in and comfortable here. I think he will stay! Auburn is the place for him and his family.

I think LSU will go after Petrino. I think they should let Jimbo take over as head coach.

Anyway, I'll see ya'll in NO at the Dome!!!

CTT is staying at AU. His agent is just using this as a bargaining tool for a great salary. I just don't like the timing of it. TT needs to put the rumors to rest and concentrate on beating a very very good VT team. I do NOT want to lose this game and have to hear every so-called expert say "See we told you so". Beat the Damn Hokies!!

Can you imagine what Finescum will do with this with regarding recruiting. This is a dead period but not for the "scum" of talk radio. He will have Tubs already on a plane to BR and a contract waiting and rejoice when we began to see "solid commits" turn to "soft commits." It's already happening at LSWHO. He (the scum) will take this and run with it and hope it swings the recruiting Bammers way. WDE!

Wouldn't it be nice if CTT came out and said, "I will not be leaving Auburn to coach at LSU."

I guess he is just making sure his new contract has the right number of zeros on it and the ink is dry before he says that. It's tough to blame him.

We're in a closed/quiet period for recruiting right now anyway. I think CTT should just worry about the Sugar Bowl & VT this week. Then come out like gang-busters after the Sugar Bowl telling everyone--and especially recruits when he can legally talk to them again--"I'm going to be at Auburn a long, long time!" and sign a top 5 class! He can quickly recover any momentary loss in recruiting momentum after the bowl with just two words--"I'm staying!"

'course, he said pretty much that very thing last week and already people are in doubt. <_<

My humble opinion, for what it's worth:

1) There may an element of "negotiation leverage" going on here, as much from Sexton as from CTT himself.

2) I'm not sure that Sexton saying he has CTT's permission to talk to LSU means so much that Tubberville told him explicitly since Saturday "Go pursue the LSU job for me now that Nick has announced". It may mean simply that Sexton has standing instructions from CTT and all his clients to at least listen to any offers--isn't that part of what agents are paid for?

3) I don't know how the overall GOB network and power structure work at LSU, but I don't have a lot of faith that any other major program is much better than Auburn in that respect. In which case, this article makes me think the Bengal GOB network would be no great improvement for Tommy, and certainly no reason to move:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...42641242810.xml

One possible stumbling block, according to the source, is that some influential LSU boosters are not sold on Tuberville because of two ugly incidents between the SEC West rivals in the past five years.

Many LSU backers were disturbed by a victory celebration that included cigar smoking by the Auburn players and coaches after a win in Baton Rouge in 1999. A second incident involved Auburn players allegedly stomping on the LSU Tiger eye at midfield during pregame warm-ups in 2001.

4) I don't think news reporters would commit libel just to harm Auburn's recruiting--but sources they listen to might.

5) I want CTT at Auburn for many more years, but if he leaves I will blame those people on the plane and behind the plane that went to Louisville, not CTT!

In any case, signing day is a long way away and I'm sure this will only be a small blip on the recruiting screen if CTT does his usual recruitng magic once the dead period is over.

Let's just beat the Hokies!! As for the rest? Que Sera Sera...

I think people are reading way, way, way too much into some quotes.

Tuberville is staying at Auburn.

134060[/snapback]

Great SL...you put the kiss of death on us...

Didn't you say the exact same thing about Saben??? :big::P

I guess fans are the same everywhere. This sounds just like a lot of threads on LSU Tiger Forum over the last week......doesn't it TejasTiger?

134019[/snapback]

134026[/snapback]

Do you really think he was talking about the newspapers? :blink:

Could it be that these sources "speaking on the condition of anonymity" could be who David is speaking of? Is it possible in any form or fashion that an LSU fan or Booster could wish to cause confusion for AU while they look for a new coach? Or that a UGA Booster, UAT Booster, etc. could do something of the sort? Good greif, BG! :roll:

Randy Kennedy is a very respected Editor and sports writer. Do some of you really believe that he would put his reputation on the line by printing some information he obtained from a less than credible source?

Hello CBS, New York Times, LA Times...

No one ever thought they would report something without totally credible sources either. This story will sell papers. Not saying that is what they have done , but to claim that a news outlet/editor would never use nothing but rock solid sources is ludicrous.

Me thinks some of you have some serious "wishful thinking" issues! :lol:

Hello CBS, New York Times, LA Times...

No one ever thought they would report something without totally credible sources either.  This story will sell papers.  Not saying that is what they have done , but to claim that a news outlet/editor would never use nothing but rock solid sources is ludicrous.

Me thinks some of you have some serious "wishful thinking" issues! :lol:

134087[/snapback]

Oh, I'm not saying he would actually go even if by some off the wall chance that LSU offered him the job. I just don't think Randy Kennedy would have printed that if it hadn't have come from someone he trusts to know what they were talking about.

Archived