Tuberville Would Listen...

lsuj2006

Why would Coach Tuberville leave AU to go to a smaller school with sub par facilities?

:big:

It just ain't gonna' happen.

Poor corndogs...Nature's losers. :poke:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reasons for being willing to talk to LSU, other than really being interested in the job:

1. Little stab at the admin--"See? I AM a hot commodity." Watch the prez and AD sweat a little.

2. Actual curiosity for what LSU would be willing to offer.

3. Elevating position of strength for future renegotiations. (I don't think he would bait the current AU offer.)

4. Sheer ego.

5. Precipitate a fan outpouring of support. As if he needed any bolstering.

6. Avoiding the appearance of being too ensconced.

7. Related to several of the above--flexing the ol' power muscles.

I guess fans are the same everywhere. This sounds just like a lot of threads on LSU Tiger Forum over the last week......doesn't it TejasTiger?

134074[/snapback]

A bit. Although I think more AU folks understand why Tubs might be tempted, after last year. LSU fans hoped they had tied Saban up for a while. But Tubs ain't going no where. He's not a hot enough commodity to warrant a 3.6 million buyout, IMHO. Stoops has a record of success that some school might justify that, but CTT hasn't. Few coaches have.

So do you want him?

133983[/snapback]

If he wins. LSU has the talent to become a nationally dominant program. If he could complete the job...Saben... started, sure.

Coach Tuberville has much better facilities at a much better school. baton rouge would be a HUGE step DOWN. lsWHO, now that the flash in the pan had his one year splash and is now history, will go back to being, well, back to being lsWHO. :big:

Coach Tuberville has much better facilities at a much better school. baton rouge would be a HUGE step DOWN. lsWHO, now that the flash in the pan had his one year splash and is now history, will go back to being, well, back to being lsWHO. :big:

134133[/snapback]

You're so objective Tim! :rolleyes:

Bite your tongue! WarTim may be a lot of things, but objective is not one of them! He is Auburn-biased through and through...and he just wouldn't be WarTim any other way. :P

134133[/snapback]

You're so objective Tim! :rolleyes:

134230[/snapback]

Man, How dare you accuse Tim of being objective... :roflol:

Archived