Auburn opens a 12.5 point favorite over Louisville

AUEngineer2016

JMO but an initial point spread is just bait to lure the suckers....especially from schools where their fans/fanatics might have overly optimistic expectations for their season.

I expect it is almost impossible to have a point spread so wide that bammers would take the opponent with the points.

Smh. You don't even know if Burton will start....

You don't have to campaign for Sammie ever again man

he's gone

I just hate to see you look dumb as hell

Emotions for another man, interesting

You would look for and see that, and I bet it is interesting for you lol

It was clearly there, not much to look for.

he's gone

Right I figured you didn't have anything...But like I said you don't know if he'll even be starting. Many others pretty much told you how dumb it is to say what you said. Get out of your feelings or stop making horrible posts...Lol

he's gone

Right I figured you didn't have anything...But like I said you don't know if he'll even be starting. Many others pretty much told you how dumb it is to say what you said. Get out of your feelings or stop making horrible posts...Lol

Like I said, showing this amount of feeling for another man smh

Football isn't your thing. Maybe you should focus on ping pong or foosball. You might actually have insight on that...

Back to my point though, the line is too low.

d

Establishment of a betting line is a business decision and is not set to make the fans of one team or the other feel good about their prospects and it's not intended as a show of "respect".

The nice thing about a point spread on a football game is that you are free to take either side of the line....if you think it's it too low, bet accordingly.

Back to my point though, the line is too low.

d

Establishment of a betting line is a business decision and is not set to make the fans of one team or the other feel good about their prospects and it's not intended as a show of "respect".

The nice thing about a point spread on a football game is that you are free to take either side of the line....if you think it's it too low, bet accordingly.

Interesting

Lets get back to the OP 12.5 favorite.

Back to the line ... as soon as enough folks bet on Louisville with that point spread, it will shrink. It's just a fish hook. If it gets bigger, that means most folks are still betting on AU.

JMO but an initial point spread is just bait to lure the suckers....especially from schools where their fans/fanatics might have overly optimistic expectations for their season.

I expect it is almost impossible to have a point spread so wide that bammers would take the opponent with the points.

Too high in my opinion but a lot of folks are jumping in the AU train expecting Johnson to be all world. I certainly hope he turns out to be all world. Louisville Gould have a pretty strong team as well next year

Too high in my opinion but a lot of folks are jumping in the AU train expecting Johnson to be all world. I certainly hope he turns out to be all world. Louisville Gould have a pretty strong team as well next year

This.

It's great to see an early double digit line over a tough opening day opponent, however unlike previous seasons, I hold reservations until the defense shows marked improvement--particularly in the secondary against a Petrino coached team. Bobby P. was 3-1 against AU during his tenure at Arkansas, featuring 3 different QBs during that span who had decent to great outings against the defensive backs in each season.

Without the benefit of glancing at any early scouting reports on Louisville, my guess is this line falls to AU (-6.5) the closer the opener approaches.

Louisville finished with an impressive 10 draft picks today. Keep in mind we are not the only team losing a lot of star players.

Louisville finished with an impressive 10 draft picks today. Keep in mind we are not the only team losing a lot of star players.

They lost a ton of talent and I'm not sure how their depth is. Been watching a few of their games from last year

Archived