Preseason Polls

RunInRed

• 1 month later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. 2 in SI's Preseason Poll ...

1. Ohio State

2. Auburn The last highly touted, 6' 5"-plus quarterback to stroll on to Auburn’s campus won both the Heisman Trophy and the national championship in 2010. So perhaps the comparison with Cam Newton isn’t fair to junior Jeremy Johnson, who has made only two starts on the Plains. “Cam is Cam, and not me,” Johnson says. “I don’t compare myself to Cam that much.” Still, it’s hard to ignore the Cam-like hype around Johnson, a Montgomery, Ala., native who is the primary reason the Tigers should return to playoff contention.

3. TCU

4. Notre Dame

5. Alabama

6. Baylor

7. Michigan State

8. USC

9. Florida State

10. Oregon

http://www.si.com/co...football-top-25

CLqNQxpUEAAhmu9.jpg

We are definitely getting a lot of love when traditionally teams losing as much as we did (games last year and personnel moving on) would not be getting this much hype. I think we can hit 10 wins but our lack of experience will prevent AU from getting to the playoffs. Too many question marks.

But we had way more question marks heading into the 2013 season.

My emotional side tells me to jump on the preseason rankings bandwagon.

My experience side regarding high preseason rankings sees Lucy holding the football for me to kick.

At this point I'm not getting why Texas A&M is receiving so little love this preseason.

Chavis isn't as respected as Muschamp and their program never reached the highs ours did last year, and they're just frankly not as good.

Plus, Auburn is just generally a more known team than TAMU, so that factors into how much someone wants to hype you up. They got hype in 2013 when it was something that would give you views, attention, numbers, etc. That same season, Auburn didn't have enough people thinking of them to be considered an afterthought.

That's why

Archived