The Cross and the Confederate Flag

TitanTiger

Can we lock this one down? This grade school ire is certainly not becoming of a true Auburn man or woman. If it must remain, can we at least try and maintain a modicum of class? Stay classy AUFans, stay classy.

I hope you were referring to Tim's post and not TT. What the latter said was perfectly appropriate IMO.

If it gets to the point where we can't call out crazy posts for what they are, this forum will turn into the equivalent of talk radio.

Tone trolling lol.

Ha! I didn't even cue the dog bark. LOL

Person A: (Something stupid and/or crazy)

Person B: That's stupid and/or crazy

AUFAN78: Now now. Let's have some civility.

:P

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we lock this one down? This grade school ire is certainly not becoming of a true Auburn man or woman. If it must remain, can we at least try and maintain a modicum of class? Stay classy AUFans, stay classy.

I hope you were referring to Tim's post and not TT. What the latter said was perfectly appropriate IMO.

If it gets to the point where we can't call out crazy posts for what they are, this forum will turn into the equivalent of talk radio.

Tone trolling lol.

Ha! I didn't even cue the dog bark. LOL

Person A: (Something stupid and/or crazy)

Person B: That's stupid and/or crazy

AUFAN78: Now now. Let's have some civility.

:P

AUUSN...I think we get your point. And we're in agreement.

I will stop but I don't think we are all in agreement. If we were, we wouldn't be 40 pages into a topic that should have been settled in one page.

Well I for one am old enough to have lived much of the civil rights era first hand, including the time of some of these photos. But apparently photos are needed for some to appreciate just how ingrained the symbolism is.

As a traditional Southerner raised on the "lost cause" myth I resented at the time that it was being "hijacked" by racists. But that's a defense that ultimately rests on that myth which is no defense at all.

While there were undoubtedly some noble aspects of the war, the Confederacy was based on the preservation - and expansion - of slavery. It was the basis for secession.

what were the noble aspects?

Bravery, self-sacrifice, commitment, even if for a terrible cause.

ah, i was confusing aspects with causes.

I will stop but I don't think we are all in agreement. If we were, we wouldn't be 40 pages into a topic that should have been settled in one page.

Well I for one am old enough to have lived much of the civil rights era first hand, including the time of some of these photos. But apparently photos are needed for some to appreciate just how ingrained the symbolism is.

As a traditional Southerner raised on the "lost cause" myth I resented at the time that it was being "hijacked" by racists. But that's a defense that ultimately rests on that myth which is no defense at all.

While there were undoubtedly some noble aspects of the war, the Confederacy was based on the preservation - and expansion - of slavery. It was the basis for secession.

what were the noble aspects?

Bravery, self-sacrifice, commitment, even if for a terrible cause.

ah, i was confusing aspects with causes.

Right. Nothing noble about the cause.

Just an FYI, but if you chop the "s" off of the "https" like I have above, it will embed.

How has it not been settled? We aren't the confederacy. The flag came down, and it should have many years ago.

aun: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"........

Just an FYI, but if you chop the "s" off of the "https" like I have above, it will embed.

Wow. Is that generally true?

Just for YouTube.

Nope, don't close the thread till someone threatens someone else with physical violence:)

Also, to add something very important to this thread, how does everyone feel about the style of the CF?

I always thought it was decent, certainly better than some. Japans looks cooler though.

gracias

It is a pretty flag. Swastika isn't half bad except for that whole, you know, Nazi thing. I remember drawing it before I was aware of the baggage it carried.

Wow. Is that generally true?

Just for YouTube.

B)

How has it not been settled? We aren't the confederacy. The flag came down, and it should have many years ago.

Sorry I dont understand the question. I think you are confused.

Animal House

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Now I am confused.

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Now I am confused.

Blutarsky

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Now I am confused.

Blutarsky

Ha. now I got it.

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Now I am confused.

Blutarsky

Ha. now I got it.

Ended up a U.S. senator. Must have been doing something right.

Animal House

Premium Bluto

Now I am confused.

Blutarsky

Ha. now I got it.

Ended up a U.S. senator. Must have been doing something right.

When did doing something right become a prerequisite for being a Senator? :big:

When did doing something right become a prerequisite for being a Senator? :big:

I hereby nominate this for Post of The Day!

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter said on Tuesday night that South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley ® is unqualified to deal with her state’s use of the Confederate flag because she’s an "immigrant."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/245969-ann-coulter-nikki-haley-an-immigrant-who-doesnt-understand

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter said on Tuesday night that South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley ® is unqualified to deal with her state’s use of the Confederate flag because she’s an "immigrant."

http://thehill.com/b...esnt-understand

Ann Coulter is my latest add to the :ucrazy: Club.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Levine, Beck, all made it there first.

http://thehill.com/b...esnt-understand

What a truly terrible human being.

Archived