Attention Auburn Fans:

KcPg14

I just want to write my opinion for a second and vent on comments that I've seen everywhere.

First off, White played with confidence and heart last night. We haven't seen that in JJ yet. Marshall had that "it" factor that we've missed this year. SW moved the ball completely down the field and commanded the offense better than JJ had in 3 games. SW is the answer. Our offense clicked for the first time and we finally got tempo going. Some curious play calling killed us at times, especially in the red zone. Our defense missed plays at times, but they played their guts out. And I'm proud of our team. That's the most I've seen our team fight since 2013. That's exciting. This team will get better with SW as our QB.

Secondly, for those questioning Malzahn's direction.... Remember that he's had success wherever he's been and he's just in his 4th year as a head coach. I'm not going to say we had a fluke year in 2013, we had great leadership and some great talent that covered up some of our deficiencies. And Malzahn's great direction and leadership got us an SEC championship. What a lot of people overlook, is the fact that in 2012 our program was in an abysmal place. Our depth was horrific. We are still recovering from the detrimental place we were in. After 2013 set unfair expectations for Malzahn and co. Muschamp is trying to form something out of the complete mess he inherited on defense. The seniors are going through their 3rd DC. Should they be performing better? Yes, but they haven't been coached well until this point. Just think about it.

For all of you whining and complaining and wanting to win the NC every year... What makes us think that we deserve to be that fan base like BAMMERS who complain over every little thing that goes wrong. We're better than that. We're better than them. Support your team. If your a fly by weather fan, then just get out. Because this season we will see and hope that our team gets better every week and we enjoy watching our boys in burnt orange and navy lay their hearts out on the line playing their guts out. That's Auburn football. Not this other crap that I see so many comments about. You're not the ones out there playing. It's easy to criticize from where we sit every Saturday. Grow up, support your team, support your coach. By the end of the season, we're a team that teams will fear because we have nothing to lose. This season isn't even close to being over. We will fight to the finish. That's Auburn football.

War Eagle. I BELIEVE in Auburn and love it.

Thanks for a breath of fresh air. I too am tired of all the fair weather friends. I support this team to the hilt. I'm in your camp. War Eagle

I just want to write my opinion for a second and vent on comments that I've seen everywhere.

First off, White played with confidence and heart last night. We haven't seen that in JJ yet. Marshall had that "it" factor that we've missed this year. SW moved the ball completely down the field and commanded the offense better than JJ had in 3 games. SW is the answer. Our offense clicked for the first time and we finally got tempo going. Some curious play calling killed us at times, especially in the red zone. Our defense missed plays at times, but they played their guts out. And I'm proud of our team. That's the most I've seen our team fight since 2013. That's exciting. This team will get better with SW as our QB.

Secondly, for those questioning Malzahn's direction.... Remember that he's had success wherever he's been and he's just in his 4th year as a head coach. I'm not going to say we had a fluke year in 2013, we had great leadership and some great talent that covered up some of our deficiencies. And Malzahn's great direction and leadership got us an SEC championship. What a lot of people overlook, is the fact that in 2012 our program was in an abysmal place. Our depth was horrific. We are still recovering from the detrimental place we were in. After 2013 set unfair expectations for Malzahn and co. Muschamp is trying to form something out of the complete mess he inherited on defense. The seniors are going through their 3rd DC. Should they be performing better? Yes, but they haven't been coached well until this point. Just think about it.

For all of you whining and complaining and wanting to win the NC every year... What makes us think that we deserve to be that fan base like BAMMERS who complain over every little thing that goes wrong. We're better than that. We're better than them. Support your team. If your a fly by weather fan, then just get out. Because this season we will see and hope that our team gets better every week and we enjoy watching our boys in burnt orange and navy lay their hearts out on the line playing their guts out. That's Auburn football. Not this other crap that I see so many comments about. You're not the ones out there playing. It's easy to criticize from where we sit every Saturday. Grow up, support your team, support your coach. By the end of the season, we're a team that teams will fear because we have nothing to lose. This season isn't even close to being over. We will fight to the finish. That's Auburn football.

But but but a coaching change will solve all our problems! Gus is an overpaid, overrated high school coach who accidentally engineered the best one year turnaround in college history and was accidentally one play away from a national title! It's been 25 years since our beloved Tigers put together back to back 10 win seasons and every coach we have had since I have watched Auburn football has had ups and downs and every time we all panic and go to pieces because we think things should be better. It's a cycle we go through and don't even realize it.

Have to agree with this. At least for the most part. Defense finally played hard and there was a leader behind center last night. We have somethings to iron out still but I think things started to turn around last night.

Have to agree with this. At least for the most part. Defense finally played hard and there was a leader behind center last night. We have somethings to iron out still but I think things started to turn around last night.

I think the biggest disappointment is that we didn't score a TD. But Sean did as well as he could have. He had some guys drop some passes too. But the defense played well enough to win, which makes me excited to watch them the rest of the season. A lot of young guys are out there playing hard. If this continues our future is bright. We as fans have to be realistic. Lots of young players that will grow. A lot like LSU last season. It's a matter of our young guys maturing and gaining experience. I really really like our freshman class. They play so hard. They will get our program on the right track. It will be fun to watch!

Saw White lighting into his offense, talking to his line and skill players on side line. Never really saw JJ do that. Sign of a leader.

I noticed that too. Really liked that about him. Carries a lot of confidence and poise out there

GREAT POST and my sentiments exactly!

GREAT post !!!!!

Thanks for the sanity and reminding me why I'm an Auburn man, always and forever. War Eagle!

I saw saw some major issues last night. They are concerning moving forward. They include play calling and Oline performance. Other than that, we improved in every aspect of the game. Last week I was sure we were headed for 4-8. This week I feel more like 8-4. That's a pretty big one week improvement. I think if we keep up improvement we saw last night, by the end of the year we will be one of the best teams in the country and win the iron bowl. That will have us heading into next year with an actual chance at a NC. Fan and media expectations aren't always reality. If we can recruit a couple top notch DL and LB and get some above average OL play, we will be scary good IMO.

Great post and I agree 100 percent

I saw saw some major issues last night. They are concerning moving forward. They include play calling and Oline performance. Other than that, we improved in every aspect of the game. Last week I was sure we were headed for 4-8. This week I feel more like 8-4. That's a pretty big one week improvement. I think if we keep up improvement we saw last night, by the end of the year we will be one of the best teams in the country and win the iron bowl. That will have us heading into next year with an actual chance at a NC. Fan and media expectations aren't always reality. If we can recruit a couple top notch DL and LB and get some above average OL play, we will be scary good IMO.

I too have concerns about play calling. Not sure why we think we need to get cute inside the 20.

Also, we have got to start winning battles at the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. O-line and d-line improves we could still have a pretty good season.

Good post. Some of this is about simple expectation management. Early in the year we heard the "we're real young" line, but by late summer we were hearing something very different. SEC media days typlified the new message we were hearing and it was a disaster. ie the coronation of jj, cwm the greatest def coach at any level, ect. - last year's issues are resolved, we're going to be pretty darn good.

It also did gus some credibility damage nationally and to our fan base. But it's recoverable. The good news, seriously, is that we can skip the "will gus stay?" phase this December.

I believe patience will deliver prolonged success. Right now we have to gut out the lows to get to the highs.

I am not a sunshine pumper at all. In 2011 I probably was close to getting banned (not really I did get a warning though). I was a gus fan in 09(about three games in) to when we canned Chizik I wanted Gus. I still am 100% believe Gus is the best we can get. So enough with the "stupid, Jacobs didn't learn anything from the Chizik buyout "comments . Hell, I am still way more concerned about the defense moving forward than I am the offense right now. Dak didn't even try to run much last night. We can't handle it when qbs run. Offensively we have yet to find an identity. It was going to take a few games to nail it down even if JJ hadn't been a disappointment. Now it will be longer. I kinda knew we were overrated coming into the season. I didn't openly express that here, but there were too many question marks.JJ was not one of them. I agree with muschamp that we have a culture problem. We are not physical enough in the trenches on o or d. We don't pass protect and our d line plays chest bumping patty cake with the opposition. That is where about 95% of our problems start imo. It is onGus to change that, but his scheme produces some good rushing yardage with no passing threat and soft lineman. Two maybe three weeks I predict positive results, just hope we don't drop one of the next two.

Playcalling is suspect at times...seemingly when you can't afford a loss of yards, we run a reverse, fake reverse ir trick play which doesn't fool anyone. But trickeration is part of this offense like it or not.

For the sake of counter argument, where does anyone see 8 wins out of this team? Our Two most winnable sec games are on the road. We dont have the talent level of ole miss, T a&m, bama and GA. Playing at home is not an advantage for us. Just being realistic. This team is not very good and it starts with the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Great posts in this thread. We have a good coach, patience and good things will come. Don't quit on the team or the staff.

Yes.

War Eagle!

Great post! As a long time Auburn fan I also hate to hear the bammerish comments from some of our so called fans. I was encouraged last night by the play of White- very gutsy in what had to be a huge stage for him. Also, our defense played well enough for us to win on most nights. I think brighter days are ahead and no matter what it is always great to be an Auburn tiger.

o line was not too bad. Manny started overloading a side and we had no answer. That would be you skill positions that has to make he read and blocks. Really I think MSU took advantage of a first time QB that had to throw the ball which is expected.

Great post op.

4 redzone attempts with 2 field goals. If we scored a TD each redzone attempt we win 28-17 and everyone would be acting differently. We are close to being a good team, keep tweaking, growing, developing. The biggest thing we as an Auburn family can do is get behind these young players and support them through some growing pains.

War Eagle!

Archived