I'm a little confused about

Shug2003

Tubs said this week that recruiting was about wound up. This is confusing since we only have 15 commits, and they have already said we would award schollys to 3 players we placed last year, bringing the total to 18. They would SEEM to indicate that we would have some 7 scholly's left, would it not?

Another puzzling thing is Bammer has already got 24 commits and yet when you look at either rivals or the insider.com there are many players still considering them as well as US. Am I missing something here? By the way, some of those who SAY they are considering both us and Bammer are four and five star players. Are these kids waiting too long and playing a waiting game which COULD leave them out in the cold, or do they know something we don't? i.e. secret commits.

It would seem that the time is near for such as Powe, Smith, Trott, McKenzie, McFadden, Moon, et. al. to make up their minds. Do you think Tubs might take lesser talent in lieu of giant egos? Wouldn't mind seeing that! :au::au::au::D

We'll get good recruits. The best players wait until Signing Day or other big news times to announce where they are going.

I think several of uat's recruits aren't going to qualify so they have to sign extra players to conver their losses.

There is still a long way to go in recruiting. They don't sign for another month and the biggest of the recruits will wait until the last week or two to declare. I imagine CTT means that they have already narrowed it down to a group of players from which will round out the class.

I trust Tubs in recruiting because the overall talent level has increased every year since he's been here. This year is shaping up to be one of the better ones. Don't worry. The bowl is behind us and we have a 13-0 record to go into the recruit's home with. It's about to start heating up.

It could also mean that they have commitments form players who have not chose to make it public at this time.

136379[/snapback]

Bingo!!!! :au::homer:

Archived