Difference in AU and SC

aunavy

I appreciate the sportsmanship AU has demonstrated throughout the year when we sorta packed it in early after clearly beating our opponent. Unquestionably, this has jumped up and bitten us three times now....against Bama, against Tennesse in the SEC Championship game and last night against VT. Perhaps we should have been more ruthless like SC was against Notre Dame and again tonight against OU. One thing is for sure, every poll voter will remember the point differential but not how they got them....faking punts when up by 31 and throwing long with up by 38.

Still, I can revel in a record of 13-0 and with the knowledge that AU is the best place to tailgate and an outstanding place from which to have a degree!

WAR EAGLE!

yeah, i can't believe tubby tried to repeat the 2002 georgia game after jason threw that int. that was a really, really poor coaching move. that cost us style points which shouldn't matter but clearly do. pete carroll and bob stoops both showed they were willing to make asses of themselves to run the score this year. tubby showed that he still has very little idea of when to "go conservative." we still take the air out WAY too early. it really took the air out of the celebration at the game too, which i thought was totally unfair of him to do. that was a moment for the players to enjoy, not a time to clench up and make the game close.

in the end, we are the best team in the nation. we were always better than OU. we play more defense than anyone usc has seen this year. i'd love to see the trojans try to win a game where they couldn't score at will. i have to doubt that we could hold them under 28, and our offense has shown they can score on anyone (since we played 4 defenses that finished in the top 15). we're the best, and no one can ever take that away. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

yeah, i can't believe tubby tried to repeat the 2002 georgia game after jason threw that int. that was a really, really poor coaching move. that cost us style points which shouldn't matter but clearly do. pete carroll and bob stoops both showed they were willing to make asses of themselves to run the score this year. tubby showed that he still has very little idea of when to "go conservative." we still take the air out WAY too early. it really took the air out of the celebration at the game too, which i thought was totally unfair of him to do. that was a moment for the players to enjoy, not a time to clench up and make the game close.

in the end, we are the best team in the nation. we were always better than OU. we play more defense than anyone usc has seen this year. i'd love to see the trojans try to win a game where they couldn't score at will. i have to doubt that we could hold them under 28, and our offense has shown they can score on anyone (since we played 4 defenses that finished in the top 15). we're the best, and no one can ever take that away. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

136366[/snapback]

We held them to 23 last year after spotting them 14 inside the redzone. As for this year, VT and Cal held them to 24 and 23 pts and under 400-yards in total offense. It's not like their offense has been unstoppable all year long. In fact, they had better overall numbers last year.

It would take a great performance on both sides of the ball to beat the Trojans but I think our chances would be as good or better than anyone else in the Country.

i meant to type that "i have no doubt that our defense could hold them under 28." NO DOUBT. bad typo. no offense, ever, is unstoppable. you just have to do something the big 12 and pac 10 do very little of, namely play defense.

Archived