Why is Auburn #2?

PChamp119

I thought everyone said Oklahoma was the 2nd best team in the nation (if not the best). Obviously USC is just that great. They deserved to be in the National Title game and were ranked #2 all year... everyone said they should be there and somebody had to lose... I mean I think this is just wrong. Auburn gets to be #2 after their easy road to their BCS bowl. Clearly, Oklahoma should be #2 because that is where they started. Why vote Auburn #2 now all of a sudden?

Oh yea... cuz Oklahoma Sucks and Auburn is one of the 2 best teams in the nation... SHOCKER!!

VERY well said.

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

Yall think we would have only dropped 1 spot had we lost by one point to VA TECH?

Yet Oklahoma only drops one spot after getting beat by almost 40!!!!????

Had Auburn lost to VT we would have been lucky to stay in the top 20. I laughed my :moon: off at the game it was so funny the look on stoops face while USC was up 30+ before the start of the 4th. It did my heart and mind good to hear all the media talking about how bad a game it really was. I think it is what they all get after opening their mouths after the sugar bowl saying we were not good enough to play with either of them.

War Damn Eagle :au:

13-0

:au: a team of True Champions!

Auburn #2?? Not in my book.

There's a reason Pete Carroll was voting AU #3 - and you saw that reason Tuesday night. He didn't want anything to do with the 2004 Auburn Tigers, and I can't say I blame him.

Coach Carroll is still voting Auburn #3 probably......In the latest espn Coaches Poll Auburn is #2 but with only 1,460 points.....out of a possible 1,464. That's the points received if all the Coaches (61) vote AU #2....That means three coaches Still votes AU #3 and two votes AU #4 or one votes AU #4 and the other #5......The Coaches that Voted should be made to make their Votes known.....Imagine how many people had AU #4/#5 after the SEC Championship....if AU was ranked #3 by all voters maybe a couple vote #2 couple that with AU's SOS they would've been really close to oklahomer in the BCS standings if not ranked #2.......But, then again, the guys doing the bcs computers would've manipulated their computers to put oklahomer and USuCk in the championship game anyway.......They just couldn't stomach the idea that another SEC team win it all......WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE.

Well probably 2 of the Coaches that didn't vote us #2 are the Stoop's brothers. Urban Meyer was probably the other( can't really blame him if he voted Utah #2).

I made a post referring to this last night...

But Urban Meyer didn't even vote his team ahead of Auburn. He said in december that his team was not in the same league as the top 3 because their road was easier.

Archived