Plays That Work ...

RunInRed

Look how fast the whole defense gets to that screen. I feel like that's been part of our problem, recently. Defenses are reading us too quickly and beating us to the point of attack. I would LOVE to see more plays designed to punish defenses for jumping the play like that. That will require Gus to break a few tendencies.

Loved this one too ...

WOW, look at Coleman and Pettway block that DE down field!!! That was a perfectly executed counter and topped off with Kerryon hurdling the defender!!

And i loved that they finally attacked the middle with the shorter slant route.

Loved this one too ...

WOW, look at Coleman and Pettway block that DE down field!!! That was a perfectly executed counter and topped off with Kerryon hurdling the defender!!

And i loved that they finally attacked the middle with the shorter slant route.

That's Braden Smith and Pettway. Braden pulled from his guard spot around to the left side. Coleman did a good job crashing down

The LBs bite on the screen, leaves the middle of the field wide open, we connect on the slant.

they ran this at least twice with success.

<p>The LBs bite on the screen, leaves the middle of the field wide open, we connect on the slant.</p>

</br><p><iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eYjA2uzBbzn/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

We don't usually get good results from the WR screen IMO, but this play does show its value as a set up play. It spreads the Defense, forces them to defend the edges, opening up the middle of the field for both the run and pass.

Archived