Injury Bug starting early

SCTiger2011

http://www.collegean...ang-haley-fagan

Dislocated shoulder for Tahj and MCL sprain for TJ Lang. Hope the new guys are ready to jump in head-first (without getting concussions whilst doing so)

Two Auburn teams suffer injuries to key players

Tweet (4) Share

Pin

SOFTBALL

First, there's the softball injuries. These aren't AS bad simply because of the amount of time between now and the start of the regular season. Shortstops Haley Fagan and Kelsey Bogaards both suffered knee injuries during the fall sessions. Bogaards is a senior and was Fagan's backup. She was the starter in 2014.

Head Coach Clint Myers wouldn't specify the injuries, but it's clear they're both going to miss some time. Since he does say that he expects them back early in the season, I would imagine that the injuries, while serious, aren't on the level of an ACL tear. That's just a pure guess on my part.

BASKETBALL

In "why does this keep happening to him?" department, Tahj Shamsid-Deen separated a shoulder at practice and is out for a month. Deen missed a good bit of the end of last season due to needing shoulder surgery. Tahj plays a lot bigger than his listed size, and was one of Auburn's better defenders last season. I really hate to see him have to miss more time for another shoulder injury.

TJ Lang's injury appears to be worse, though. He is out indefinitely with an MCL Sprain. Both injuries were suffered at practice on Tuesday.

It's looking like there's going to be a lot of pressure on the new guys to really contribute at this Friday night's exhibition. With a little more time to go before the start of the actual season, Shamsid-Deen's time missed won't be as bad as if the injury were suffered right when the season begins. It's still a big blow for him and the team, though.

Auburn is still waiting on word about Danjel Purifoy's status. From what I understand via message board discussions, the question lies with his ACT score and it sits with the ACT Board, so it's not a case of Auburn waiting on the NCAA. Given that he led the team in scoring at their last scrimmage, I hope he gets the official ok, soon!

Never expected much play out of SSD, he could barely play a single game at the end of last year without dislocating a shoulder. I'd expect he'll be back for the UAB game and out again soon after. Hope he has better luck with it this year.

Seems once you separate a shoulder, it just becomes easier and easier to do because the ligaments stretch. He's going to deal with it his whole career. I played BB with a guy in HS who separated his shoulder 9 times in 3 seasons. He never missed more than the rest of that day's ugh after about the 5th one.

Never expected much play out of SSD, he could barely play a single game at the end of last year without dislocating a shoulder. I'd expect he'll be back for the UAB game and out again soon after. Hope he has better luck with it this year.

Guess you didn't watch much basketball last year. If you did, you would have known that Shamsid-Deen didn't even play for the last several weeks of the season. They shut him down and he had shoulder surgery.

Bryce Brown is also day to day with stiffness in his back. Hopefully we get these players back quickly. Pearl said about a month for Shamsid-Deen

Guess you didn't watch much basketball last year. If you did, you would have known that Shamsid-Deen didn't even play for the last several weeks of the season. They shut him down and he had shoulder surgery.

Bryce Brown is also day to day with stiffness in his back. Hopefully we get these players back quickly. Pearl said about a month for Shamsid-Deen

Towards the end of his season.....Better??

Archived