2016 4* JUCO QB Jerod Evans (Virginia Tech commit)

PigskinPat

Are we pursuing him to any serious degree? He's been amassing a truckload of touchdowns this year (38) and only 3 interceptions and a 62.4% completion %, over 3,00 yards passing and 400 yards rushing, and zero sacks. He has said before that he would like to go the path Cam did, I'm assuming he meant Auburn? He's 6'4" and 225lbs, so he sounds physically similar to a QB we all know and love. Given our success with Juco QB's, what do the experts say?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/10/20/football-cal-offers-jc-touchdown-machine/

I hope this staff doesn't pass on recruiting Jerod. Even with Barrett and Franklin coming in next year, I think we could make room for Evans, I see us maybe moving Barrett to WR because he is 6-2, 225 which is a good size for any WR.

Like I said we'd be idiots to not even recruit and offer the kid

cole, no more confidence than i have in our offensive "thinktank", i doubt they are going after him very hard.....i have doubts that they even know what they WANT to do, much less, what to do......i am afraid of what i think is happening

This is from another thread in the recruiting forum:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

Guys scoff all you want but we are indeed not signing a juco QB for this class. It looks like the staff believes in Sean White going forward. We are signing JF3 as an ATH. He will get a shot @ QB like Jason Smith did and may actually stick there even as a non starter if JJ decides to leave. If he does & Sean were to get hurt the staff does not want to leave the rest of 2016 to a QB coming off Tommy John surgery & a true frosh.

twitter handle @Ellitor_AU

Things may change, but this was only 10 days ago and is an informed opinion.

Like I said, things may change, but no offer was extended.

I agree, I'm not doubting you, just that there has to be or had to be some interest there. Not sure how there can't be with those stats.

Yeah I read that, and I scoffed....omg and he's an EE? We'd be idiots man

That's the way I feel, too, Cole. Tremendous upside and would hate to be the team that let him get away.

Like I said we'd be idiots to not even recruit and offer the kid

cole, no more confidence than i have in our offensive "thinktank", i doubt they are going after him very hard.....i have doubts that they even know what they WANT to do, much less, what to do......i am afraid of what i think is happening

So, what do you think is happening? :dunno: :dunno:

There has been no reported change in AU's stance here...Although like many of you, I think there should be. Sadly it's probably to late to get in good on Evans now anyway. Other big time schools have taken advantage of AU dropping the ball here & pounced on Evans.

He has great size. He reminds me of Prescott in the way he moves. Has good feet. Good speed. He's physical.

He is not a natural thrower of the football. So much so that I wonder how long he's been playing the position. Ugly throwing motion. Alot of wasted movement. I think he loses alot of potential zip and velocity as a result. That said, his strength helps compensate for the wasted motion. Ugly ball. Also reminds me of Prescott in that aspect. Dak has become a much better passer since being at MSU.

I don't know, he has good upside, but he might take some time. That's just this guy's opinion though.

There has been no reported change in AU's stance here...Although like many of you, I think there should be. Sadly it's probably to late to get in good on Evans now anyway. Other big time schools have taken advantage of AU dropping the ball here & pounced on Evans.

Dumb to not get another QB-- Ohio State should have demonstrated to everyone the importance of depth at that position.

Dumb to not get another QB-- Ohio State should have demonstrated to everyone the importance of depth at that position.

I don't like Urban but I will give the devil his due. It appears that overall he and his staff do a good job of developing QB. Unless you're Bama you just don't recruit depth. You develop it.

^^^THIS!!!! And if OSU didn't demonstrate it, seems like our own woes and injuries at QB would bring it into sharper focus. If he doesn't pan out, just chalk it up to the list of others that didn't, but if this young man could get in our offense and flourish....

Archived