Heisman Ceremony

War Knight

In 7 years Bama has snagged 2 Heismans when it's taken us 40 years to bring 3 of them home... :sad2:

It's like the one legitimate tradition we have over Bama is being taken from us. Until recently we could say that we produced Heisman's while they were making up championships, but it appears nothing is sacred anymore... :nopityA:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 7 years Bama has snagged 2 Heismans when it's taken us 40 years to bring 3 of them home... :sad2:

It's like the one legitimate tradition we have over Bama is being taken from us. Until recently we could say that we produced Heisman's while they were making up championships, but it appears nothing is sacred anymore... :nopityA:

This may be the greatest time in Bama history. Coach Bryant was very successful, but what Saban and company has been able (and is continuing) to do is just amazing. To sustain this kind of success in the modern era is very impressive. Bama is a team/organization exhibiting football greatness, and they are on the verge of possibly adding to their greatest in a couple of weeks. Don't care if you hate them or not, but as a college football fan you have to admire and respect what they are doing. When their run has concluded, it might just be the GOAT. It is unmistakably amazing.

Auburn, on the other hand, has had perhaps her greatest success amid Bama's dominance. But for some reason, Auburn cannot sustain and build on its success. Right now, Auburn appears highly unstable, and it is uncertain whether or not Auburn will do what is necessary for sustained success.

It's hard playing catch up. Seeing your rival dominating, can make some of your decisions irrational when trying to adjust and reproduce their level of success.

At times I wonder, if we are unreasonable, if not irrational, with our expectations. Yes Auburn should be competing for championships, but we need stability, continuity and time to do so. Auburn needs to figure out what she wants, develop a plan, adjust when necessary, and stay the course and be patient - no matter what noise (Bama wins another Heisman and its 976th National Championship) she hears around her.

Patience and Auburn are no longer an option for the 2015 fan base. Part of our problem is ourselves.....the other part is that we adhere to a standard that some schools don't. Saban is afforded protection from the NCAA and I'll leave it at that. Just as Rome and Greece.....the power will shift and another will rise up.

Patience and Auburn are no longer an option for the 2015 fan base. Part of our problem is ourselves.....the other part is that we adhere to a standard that some schools don't. Saban is afforded protection from the NCAA and I'll leave it at that. Just as Rome and Greece.....the power will shift and another will rise up.

Always hear about Saban's protection and Bama is untouchable. But again that's in the noise, what is our vision and plan for success? We need to know who we are, and let that define us regardless of our circumstances.

Always hear about Saban's protection and Bama is untouchable. But again that's in the noise, what is our vision and plan for success? We need to know who we are, and let that define us regardless of our circumstances.

True

True

True....we hear that...but doesn't keep it from being nonsense.

Does anyone really believe that the BIg 10 schools, or the Big 12 or Pac 12 or ACC schools ...who are all part of the NCAA...are just going to sit back and let bama do whatever it wants?

How can anyone actually believe that? That's an excuse for the whiners who are looking for excuses for bama's success and just can't accept that for the past several years they have had better players than the rest of the league.

He seems to be a good, humble young man who represents his school and college football well. While I'm not thrilled with our arch-rival having another Heisman trophy, I am happy for Derrick Henry.

He had a great year. And AU did NoThiNg to stop him.

It still bothers me that whenever a bammer RB is up for the award, it's against a white guy from Stanford with better numbers and the bammer still wins. Is this really the award for the best player in college football!

He seems to be a good, humble young man who represents his school and college football well. While I'm not thrilled with our arch-rival having another Heisman trophy, I am happy for Derrick Henry.

He had a great year. And AU did NoThiNg to stop him.

It still bothers me that whenever a bammer RB is up for the award, it's against a white guy from Stanford with better numbers and the bammer still wins. Is this really the award for the best player in college football!

Absolutely not. It's a popularity contest among the top players in the country. If Stanford were in the playoffs McCaffrey would've won it. And I hadn't seen Watson's stats but I hadn't heard him mentioned for the Heisman until the last couple weeks of the season. Henry like Ingram before him was the sexy candidate, the difference being that Henry has much more credibility than Ingram...

Auburn, on the other hand, has had perhaps her greatest success amid Bama's dominance. But for some reason, Auburn cannot sustain and build on its success. Right now, Auburn appears highly unstable, and it is uncertain whether or not Auburn will do what is necessary for sustained success.

It's hard playing catch up. Seeing your rival dominating, can make some of your decisions irrational when trying to adjust and reproduce their level of success.

I think you have hit on something here. Perhaps the "powers that be" are pushing things hard because of impatience and wanting to see us catchup and overtake sooner rather than later.

True

True....we hear that...but doesn't keep it from being nonsense.

Does anyone really believe that the BIg 10 schools, or the Big 12 or Pac 12 or ACC schools ...who are all part of the NCAA...are just going to sit back and let bama do whatever it wants?

How can anyone actually believe that? That's an excuse for the whiners who are looking for excuses for bama's success and just can't accept that for the past several years they have had better players than the rest of the league.

Not going to argue whether Bama's immunity is nonsense or not. It's not the point. Bama knows who they are, and at their core they have remained the same. They have made adjustments along the way, Kiffin, but have stayed true to their vision. Bama has set the bar, and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is trying to duplicate their success.

It's easy. Pay players and provide chargers. Worked for SMU back in the day and it's currently working for Bama.

I watched two of my classmates in high school go from single parent, broke household to having a brand new charger after comitting. Sent pictures to the NCAA with a narrative about the student's family and never heard a response.

Their players have used peds and gotten slapped on the wrist while Grier sat out the whole calndar year.

Player reveived money from coach, after his brand new charger was broken into, and the NCAA found out only to slap the strength coach on the wrist.

They got in trouble for giving free textbooks and then ncaa changed rules on textbooks.

Saban throws a hissy fit and now we can't hardly run HUNH without some tool standing over the ball.

Ruben Foster, TJ Yeldon, and Koundijo (sp) are all excellent examples of blatant illegal recruiting.

Look at when USC was 'dominant'. They had just as much going on. When the U was dominant everyone knew their degree of cheating.

There is a common thread when it comes to teams maintaining a dominant standing for so long. Their recruiting is insane. I don't give a crap who their coach is, no team gets a top 10 class after going 6-6(Saban's first year).

Not to mention they've made sure to recruit against us to leave us weak in certain areas only to gray shirt players.

It's easy. Pay players and provide chargers. Worked for SMU back in the day and it's currently working for Bama.

I watched two of my classmates in high school go from single parent, broke household to having a brand new charger after comitting. Sent pictures to the NCAA with a narrative about the student's family and never heard a response.

Their players have used peds and gotten slapped on the wrist while Grier sat out the whole calndar year.

Player reveived money from coach, after his brand new charger was broken into, and the NCAA found out only to slap the strength coach on the wrist.

They got in trouble for giving free textbooks and then ncaa changed rules on textbooks.

Saban throws a hissy fit and now we can't hardly run HUNH without some tool standing over the ball.

Ruben Foster, TJ Yeldon, and Koundijo (sp) are all excellent examples of blatant illegal recruiting.

Look at when USC was 'dominant'. They had just as much going on. When the U was dominant everyone knew their degree of cheating.

There is a common thread when it comes to teams maintaining a dominant standing for so long. Their recruiting is insane. I don't give a crap who their coach is, no team gets a top 10 class after going 6-6(Saban's first year).

Not to mention they've made sure to recruit against us to leave us weak in certain areas only to gray shirt players.

Agree with everything you said... other than the fact that we are on track for a top 10 class after going 6-6 and we aren't doing any of this shady stuff.

s

All of this is true. I don't understand why posters here want to deny it. It's been going on since Bear was there and the bammers have it down to a fine art. They have put their own people in strategic places and it keeps rolling along unchecked.

We hear this $#!+ all the time, but until someone heavily involved (with irrefutable proof) rolls over on them, a la the Albert Means case, their dominance will continue.

"Show me the money!"

We hear this $#!+ all the time, but until someone heavily involved (with irrefutable proof) rolls over on them, a la the Albert Means case, their dominance will continue.

"Show me the money!"

yep....this crying over all the bama transgressions is downright embarrassing to come from adults....sounds like what you would get in elementary school. All this evil behavior going on and 500 NCAA schools just don't care.

"Show me the money!"

yep....this crying over all the bama transgressions is downright embarrassing to come from adults....sounds like what you would get in elementary school. All this evil behavior going on and 500 NCAA schools just don't care.

I wouldn't say they don't care. It's just not easy to get anything done.

s

They have put their own people in strategic places and it keeps rolling along unchecked.

This sounds like you are thinking about something very specific. What specific people are you talking about, in what places have they been placed and what exactly are they doing?

They have taken steps to make sure that doesn't happen again.....hence the strategic placement of bammers.

Belle, I'm not saying Bama is not involved in a very shady business, but prove it - irrefutably, somebody, anybody!

"Show me the money!

"Where/who is the bagman?"

You can easily find out on your own.

And that's why, most likely, nothing will come of those allegations against them.

They have taken steps to make sure that doesn't happen again.....hence the strategic placement of bammers.

Belle, I'm not saying Bama is not involved in a very shady business, but prove it - irrefutably, somebody, anybody!

"Show me the money!

would

People have turned specific stuff into the NCAA and met a brick wall. What I experienced myself would get anyone else in trouble. But the NCAA doesn't give a damn under under Emmert.

"Show me the money!

would

People have turned specific stuff into the NCAA and met a brick wall. What I experienced myself would get anyone else in trouble. But the NCAA doesn't give a damn under under Emmert.

Serious questions: who exactly did you experience it against, what specifically was it, and when and where did it occur?

You can easily find out on your own.

And that's why, most likely, nothing will come of those allegations against them.

There's plenty of stuff on the forums about certain activities like T-Town Menswear. Just one small example of slickness. I'm not really sure what you want anyone to do when something that obvious is completely ignored.

"Show me the money!

would

Serious questions: who exactly did you experience it against, what specifically was it, and when and where did it occur?

I would never ever answer that in a public forum.

Archived