Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

That reminds me, Miami music. Many folks have recorded and some have gotten their start there. The Mavericks, started out in Miami rock clubs, hell of a punk/alt scene, if one drinks that dose. Allman's even recorded there. Many efforts over the years to make Miami a recording hub for some reason. A huge group of musicians have homes there.

I thought it all was rubbish, until you brought Marcus 78.

Ha! I take it you have an affinity for the bass guitar. Saw you brought Victor to the table in another thread. Add Stanley Clarke and you have a trio that have performed a few gigs together and are arguably the top of the heap for their respective genre.

Victor Wooten? I keep seeing some kid named Wooten in the Recruiting thread and wondering if they're related.

Loving the Marcus Miller.

Have we done much Flecktones in here?

They've always been a good festival band for me. It's hot, my legs and other dancing parts need a bit of a breather, I'm content to just sit and listen, etc...

Anytime a bass conversation comes up, I think of George Porter, Jr.

I thought it all was rubbish, until you brought Marcus 78.

Ha! I take it you have an affinity for the bass guitar. Saw you brought Victor to the table in another thread. Add Stanley Clarke and you have a trio that have performed a few gigs together and are arguably the top of the heap for their respective genre.

The bass and I have had a love/hate relationship for the past few decades. My ability to maintain savings would be improved if I'd chosen to play the triangle instead.

An article about the above band, releasing a new record today. Contains more than a few names some of you will know...

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/on-his-supergroup-hard-working-americans-latest-todd-sniders-long-strange-trip-winds-up-in-brilliant-chaos/Content?oid=6653284

Sturgill at the Alabama Theatre in Sept. Tix go on sale Fri. $35 and up. Six tour dates sold out so far.....good for him.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/05/sturgill_simpson_coming_to_the.html#incart_river_home

He is playing in NO on the 9th and Memphis on the 10th. That NO date is my wife's birthday. I will be sitting by the computer with card in hand when tickets go on sale.