Softball vs. Butler - Game Thread

WarTiger

McCrakin walks and it scores a run. Should be 21-0 now if my count is right. score on screen still says 19-0... still no outs. Bree Fornis up

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bree Fornis sends one DEEP to left center and its GONE....Grand slam. This was her first at bat of the season....FRESHMAN too folks. It;'s 25-0

I knew it the first time I was ever around Coach Myers that he was going to make AU softball a major force nationally. Got a lot of talent on this team as well.

Mitchell walks.. Courtney Shea comes back up as the tigers have batted around in the inning. runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

OMG...I know this is like spring training for AU but gotta feel bad for the opponents though the other match-ups not involving Auburn are probably pretty good. This has to be a real eye-opener.

Looking at the schedule...going to be week or two before they have some serious competition ...maybe UCF or Oky State ....

Shea pops one right up the shoot and it drops in fair territory and stays fair. But Shea called out on the infield fly rule. 2 outs. Podany beats out an infield single and runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs for Emily Span. 26-0 TIES a school record and Spain singles deep in the hole on the right side cut off but she beats the throw. NEW RECORD. Auburn leads 27-0.

announcer also needs to learn what a pay off pitch is. When the count is 1-2 the next pitch is NOT a payoff pitch. Amazing how little this guy knows about the sport and just general baseball/softball terminology.

Crazy to think if the game ends with this score we will have outscored our opponents 55-1 in the first 3 games. Geez

It's absolutely insane. One thing to remember here is the 3rd inning of this game today, we scored 9 runs with all backups batting. NONE of the starters were in the game at that point. Yet we still scored 9 runs.

McCrackin sends one to the gap in right center and she stands in at 2nd with a double. no outs. Bree Fornis coming up. Fornis singles to left center. McCrakin holds at 3rd. Runners on 1st and 3rd for Auburn with no outs. Kimberlee Myers pinch hitting for Milde.

Myers grounds to short gets away from her throw no in time. Runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs. McCrakin scores. 28-1 Blair Bass pinch hitting for Hope Smith. Going deep into the roster for this one today..

Davis gets a strikeout to end the game. Auburn wins it in 5...28-2.... Game 2 will be coming up shortly. Auburn plays Furman next.

Softball version of "money games" in football....come to AU enjoy some nice weather, good food and get in some early season practice and then get your pitching staff demolished by AU's bats.

Wonder how the other games have been going between the sacrificial lambs...I'm thinking they might be more competitive.

OMG...I know this is like spring training for AU but gotta feel bad for the opponents though the other match-ups not involving Auburn are probably pretty good. This has to be a real eye-opener.

Looking at the schedule...going to be week or two before they have some serious competition ...maybe UCF or Oky State ....

UCF beat bama yesterday.

Archived