WCWS FINALS vs. Oklahoma -Game One Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHOOT...Howard pops up the first pitch and its caught on the infield. Auburn falls in game one 3-2.. SHOOT....

UGH....that late break for the plate did not help ...but a good rally.

Feeling OK about tomorrow....PP did not master the Tigers....a bit more patience at the plate could have helped.....too many quick swings and pop flies.

Well, that ridiculous method of running at the pitcher while swinging somehow doesn't pay off. Man I wish they'd ban that garbage. Makes softball tough to watch. Completely wasted at bat. Using that method with the game on the line and 2 outs and what else is expected. No way that ever gets through without an out. bad way to lose. Wasted a great comeback.

Well, they at least know they can hit her. Expect way more when you get in that position. First baseman made an outstanding play and that's how you win games. Disappointing night at the plate in spite of the 7th inning. AU seems better with their backs against the wall and that where they are now.

Davis was really, really good but for one bad pitch that she left up.

All part of the Myers plan. He knows they love the sooners and PP. He just had the girls making contact to get used to hitting and not striking out. Now okie thinks they got it, only need one more win and they got such an ace running on 31 wins - so tomorrow we come out and smoke the ball and win games 2 and 3!

Besides AU was always saying THREE more days, not two more days!

Ball was crushed, but it went straight to the player. It happens

Yep. A foot to the left or right and they have the lead. Slap hitting is a great method for softball. Just didn't work out there.

Well, they at least know they can hit her. Expect way more when you get in that position. First baseman made an outstanding play and that's how you win games. Disappointing night at the plate in spite of the 7th inning. AU seems better with their backs against the wall and that where they are now.

Davis was really, really good but for one bad pitch that she left up.

Agreed. Davis had me nervous early. She looked a bit tight but finished out well. Very glad to see the bats come alive at the end. Makes me feel better about tomorrow for sure.

The last bat? The infield popup?

The ground ball to the first basemen.

It was there. The play by the catcher on the tag flipped the script on the inning. We will take them tomorrow by several runs. Just need good pitching so it is not a slug fest. We really held their good hitters in check minus 1 swing.

It was there. The play by the catcher on the tag flipped the script on the inning. We will take them tomorrow by several runs. Just need good pitching so it is not a slug fest. We really held their good hitters in check minus 1 swing.

Don't see anyone slugging Parker. It will be the same. Just have to limit OU's run count. Parker is a bonified ace.

The last bat? The infield popup?

No. I don't think so. The reference was to the batter before who hit it to the 1b player who made very good play and threw home for second out. That ab was the key with less than 2 outs. The pop out at end was nothing.

Well, that ridiculous method of running at the pitcher while swinging somehow doesn't pay off. Man I wish they'd ban that garbage. Makes softball tough to watch. Completely wasted at bat. Using that method with the game on the line and 2 outs and what else is expected. No way that ever gets through without an out. bad way to lose. Wasted a great comeback.

Slap hitting is a great method of hitting for softball. If you don't like, you don't have to watch. As with any at bat, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If you don't think it EVER gets through without an out then its obvious you haven't watch the game much if at all. This time it just didn't work out.

Great job by Courtney Shea. You can't hit it much harder than that. Knighten from OU just made a great play to get the runner out at home. Hopefully this will fire the girls up for the next two nights!

This pitcher isn't going to wilt. There is a reason she is being pitched every game.

She knows how to control a game. She may give up a run here or there but she isn't going to be blown out.

We are going to have to limit there runs to 3 or less and do a better job of hitting her more solid. She isn't going to strike out but she makes u put the ball in play.

Wrong. We just didn't execute it very well.

Slap hitting is a great method of hitting for softball. If you don't like, you don't have to watch. As with any at bat, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If you don't think it EVER gets through without an out then its obvious you haven't watch the game much if at all. This time it just didn't work out.

Obviously "no way that ever gets though without an out" was an exaggeration.

Slap hitting is usually a good way to get a runner on base who is very fast and can outrun the play in the infield. Slap hitting with 2 outs and 2 on base was not wise IMO. I'm sure coach told her to do what she felt best about. I'm sure it could have worked and may have just been what she is best at. Doesn't mean I have to approve or agree that it was a good move.

Archived