Orlando victims died because they were unarmed ....

Folks would rather believe in the lie.

See religion

* ETA - the view that folks would rather believe the lie is almost an exact quote from con artist / magician Uri Geller. This is a guy who has made a very comfortable living conning folks into believing he can bend spoons w/ his mind and other parlor tricks which he claims as legitimate feats of " magic ".

Despite having been debunked and disproven, Uri carries on, making the same claims, and still has followers and believers a plenty.

So full of himself , he mocked those who tried to bring him down, and flatly stated that people would rather believe in the lie than the truth, and that his lavish lifestyle is proof of exactly that. Much like a tv evangelist, flouting gold plated faucets or G-5 private jets, all as 'testament ' to the faith of the believers.

And so it goes.

Folks would rather believe in the lie.

See religion

* ETA - the view that folks would rather believe the lie is almost an exact quote from con artist / magician Uri Geller. This is a guy who has made a very comfortable living conning folks into believing he can bend spoons w/ his mind and other parlor tricks which he claims as legitimate feats of " magic ".

Despite having been debunked and disproven, Uri carries on, making the same claims, and still has followers and believers a plenty.

So full of himself , he mocked those who tried to bring him down, and flatly stated that people would rather believe in the lie than the truth, and that his lavish lifestyle is proof of exactly that. Much like a tv evangelist, flouting gold plated faucets or G-5 private jets, all as 'testament ' to the faith of the believers.

And so it goes.

And it's no coincidence that some of the most successful debunkers of paranormal claims are professional stage magicians: Harry Houdini, James Randi, Penn & Teller. It's easier for them to see through the 'smoke, mirrors, and Jedi mind tricks' because they're experts at creating such themselves.

What we need are equally talented debunkers to lead us through the stage shows of the modern political arena. I imagine most of us--I certainly include myself!--could sometimes use some enlightened assistance in navigating the smoke, mirrors, and Jedi mind tricks of modern politics!

[Of course, when Penn & Teller tell me how Uri Geller creates his smoke, mirrors & mind tricks, I have no reason to suspect they are simultaneously using their skills to play games on me--I see no motivation. When professional politicians or political commentators are exposing one set of political smoke and mirrors, how do I know they aren't still using their own 'powers of deception' to foist a different set of mirrors on me?]

While patrons of a nightclub shouldn't be armed, they definitely should have trained armed security. These gun free zones are an open invitation to people who seek to do great harm to others.

What we need are equally talented debunkers to lead us through the stage shows of the modern political arena. I imagine most of us--I certainly include myself!--could sometimes use some enlightened assistance in navigating the smoke, mirrors, and Jedi mind tricks of modern politics!

These two are exceptional:

http://www.jasonstapleton.com/

https://www.corbettreport.com/

Archived