Marlon Davidson

bikeriderga

I would love to see the "Prince" get into the action early often at DE.

I get the impression he's really raw, (especially considering he's only played two years, if I'm not mistaken) but wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year. Trust me, I want to see him at least as badly as you, especially considering The praises he has received.

E said in another thread that he expects Prince to move to the O line.

I would love to see the "Prince" get into the action early often at DE.

I get the impression he's really raw, (especially considering he's only played two years, if I'm not mistaken) but wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year. Trust me, I want to see him at least as badly as you, especially considering The praises he has received.

E said in another thread that he expects Prince to move to the O line.

Two Princes on the line. You could say our o-line is somewhat royal.

So who can we expect to start on the DL? We have lots of bodies we can put out there it seems. Lawson and Adams are locked in starting spots I'd say. Who handles the other end and tackle positions? Cowart? Davidson? Russell? Lawrence?

At this point, my money is on Mr. Davidson. I see him being all SEC Freshman and one tough DE along with Lawson. These 2 men will make opposing OCs their worst kind of nightmare to prepare for. I think our front 7 or 6 depending on whatever formation is set by CKS, will be one of the best in the SEC and country. I think old Dabo will be crying at the end of the game when we keep Clemson's offense shut down to the point that will produce a nice win to start the season rolling.

• 2 months later...

Time to resurrect Marlon's thread.  He is something special. How many of you noticed, on the long touchdown run that A&M scored, that the last defender chasing the runner into the end zone was Davidson... our defensive end?  Not only does he have skills but talk about a motor. I'm excited to see how he grows over the years. 

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Time to resurrect Marlon's thread.  He is something special. How many of you noticed, on the long touchdown run that A&M scored, that the last defender chasing the runner into the end zone was Davidson... our defensive end?  Not only does he have skills but talk about a motor. I'm excited to see how he grows over the years. 

Davidson and Derrick Brown are going to (hopefully) be the combo that Lawson and Adams were supposed to be

On 9/19/2016 at 4:04 PM, austudnt23 said:

Davidson and Brown gonna be special players. 

30 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Watching the game again to see Marlon throw Fournette on his head. 3rd quarter at the 7:43 mark. Just noticed Lawson almost got his knee blown up on that play too....damn close.

Good thing this isn't horseshoes or hand grenades.  I'd hate to see AU lose Lawson again. His stat line does't jump out just yet, and during the excitement/stress of watching games live sometimes its easy to miss his actual contributions on plays where he isn't blowing the other team up. But remove the stress and watch the replays and it's apparent that he makes the AU defense better. (As long as he stays healthy, the stat line will take care of itself.)

Stat line isn't bad. 3 sacks and 8 pressures. Puts him "on pace" for 9 sacks and 24 pressures. That's pretty close to Dee's 2013 season. 

23 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Stat line isn't bad. 3 sacks and 8 pressures. Puts him "on pace" for 9 sacks and 24 pressures. That's pretty close to Dee's 2013 season. 

At this point it's more about perception than reality. Vis a vis Lawson, assuming your comment was in reply to mine, that was what I was attempting to address (in a thread about Marlon Davidson. <Bangs head on desk>)

This guy is going to be a rock on our DL for the next couple years. Our DL looks well stocks for the foreseeable future. I was noticing during the LSU game ol A. Williams making some plays at DT. I think he is like a redshirt Sophmore or Freshman, he was a big recruit a couple years ago at DE so just goes to show the depth of quality players we have there. Kudos to Garner on bringing these guys in.....just need to get a few more edge rushers and i'll be happy as can be. 

But it was good to see Lawson making that big sack at the end of the LSU game. May have saved us with that play right there. Caused LSU to use that last timeout and really limited what they could run those last couple plays. Vintage Lawson, took off and left the tackle and RB both grasping for air!

3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

At this point it's more about perception than reality. Vis a vis Lawson, assuming your comment was in reply to mine, that was what I was attempting to address (in a thread about Marlon Davidson. <Bangs head on desk>)

Correct. Every opposing team will double-team him or scheme their offense away from Lawson, and that's his stats so far. He's making things happen, even if it's not filling up stats. Enter Davidson. Davidson is quickly making a name for himself, and now teams have to pick their poison.

Archived