Coordinators On The Hotseat

auburn4ever

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^^If your doomsday prognostications are true (they could easily be), how many years is Gus expected to deliver results again?

You continually ask questions that have way too many variables to be answered or that nobody but a select few can answer. The only person that can truly answer your above question is Jay Jacobs.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You continually ask questions that have way too many variables to be answered or that nobody but a select few can answer. The only person that can truly answer your above question is Jay Jacobs.

E with the fire response.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well, it was said that Malzahn would probably survive 6-6, so it was mainly hypothetical. I assume 2017, in that case, would be his last chance.

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, it was said that Malzahn would probably survive 6-6, so it was mainly hypothetical. I assume 2017, in that case, would be his last chance.

Again. Too many variables & too far in the future to give a worthwhile answer.

I still don't understand why Jay Jacobs gave Gus a year extension to his contract and more money after going 7-6 overall, 2-6 in the SEC and having to beat Memphis in the all mighty Birmingham bowl to end the season with a winning record.

Though I don't care for Kiffin, he has been apart of some SEC and national championships while he's been on UAT's staff. That's the differents between Kiffin/Saban and Lashlee/Malzahn.

Why is Kevin Steele on the hot seat already?  Did he bring one with him or something?

EDIT:  Why is John Chavis on the list as well?  The only team that scored more than 30 on Texas A&M last year ended up being the National Champion.  Defensively, I would call 2015 an improvement for them.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I still don't understand why Jay Jacobs gave Gus a year extension to his contract and more money after going 7-6 overall, 2-6 in the SEC and having to beat Memphis in the all mighty Birmingham bowl to end the season with a winning record.

As has been stated countless times Jay gave Gus the extension before last season even started. It just was not announced until we had softball's big day to overshadow the announcement. Don't know if this next part is true but I was told Jay expected football to get of to a fast start & originally planned to make the Gus contract extension announcement in late September or early October last year.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

As has been stated countless times Jay gave Gus the extension before last season even started. It just was not announced until we had softball's big day to overshadow the announcement. Don't know if this next part is true but I was told Jay expected football to get of to a fast start & originally planned to make the Gus contract extension announcement in late September or early October last year.

Well the putrid JaxState OT game, then the ass kicking at the hands of LSU + the MooState loss dumped that planned announcement into the toilet in September.  Then 2 more losses in October and two more losses in December and a Birmingham Bowl to end the season.....I'm sure Jay was trying desperately to find a "good" time to announce the extension.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Well the putrid JaxState OT game, then the ass kicking at the hands of LSU + the MooState loss dumped that planned announcement into the toilet in September.  Then 2 more losses in October and two more losses in December and a Birmingham Bowl to end the season.....I'm sure Jay was trying desperately to find a "good" time to announce the extension.

Bet he walked around with a sick feeling in his stomach for months.

15 hours ago, chimesAU said:

Bet he walked around with a sick feeling in his stomach for months.

Nauseous with bouts of explosive diarrhea until he could FINALLY squeeze the announcement in behind the Lady Tigers WCWS championship finally.   

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Nauseous with bouts of explosive diarrhea until he could FINALLY squeeze the announcement in behind the Lady Tigers WCWS championship finally.   

Exxxxxactly

Yeah, I don't get the contract extension, sure wished my pay didn't depend on results. I wish Auburn well ,but the decisions made recently are terrible , including not promoting Craig to OC last year, that's why you don't have friends working for you -it clouds your judgement. 

On 7/31/2016 at 7:39 AM, ellitor said:

Agreed. Info had been pointing to Gus being on the hot seat but I think most have realized he is stable for now & and CRL actually on the hot seat if the O under performs again.

That is an interesting point. I hadn't thought about that.  This makes me wonder if that's not what helped push JB Grimes out. He didn't leave because he wanted to coach with his son... He was told he would be put in an off the field position here...

On 8/1/2016 at 4:30 AM, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Love the profile pic A2E!!! 

Thanks man! I got it from an Auburn forum. Don't know if it was this one, scouts, tigerrant, or tigersx. Just know I saw it on one of the forums I visit daily.

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That is an interesting point. I hadn't thought about that.  This makes me wonder if that's not what helped push JB Grimes out. He didn't leave because he wanted to coach with his son... He was told he would be put in an off the field position here...

Thanks man! I got it from an Auburn forum. Don't know if it was this one, scouts, tigerrant, or tigersx. Just know I saw it on one of the forums I visit daily.

No he wasn't 

Since Gus didn't make any changes with his offensive coaches other than hiring a new OL after Grimes left to be with his son on Cincinnati's staff. I see Auburn going 7-5 and might be playing in the Birmingham bowl again.

Archived