Sean White named starting QB (PART 3)

VipersStrike1

4 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Just like @TitanTiger said, Sean White would indeed incorporate the ZR 5-6 times/game.

Looking forward to avenging his average.

Yeah, I actually thought Gus would treat a starting QB like one and play him.  I had no idea we were going to play musical chairs with three QBs all night and that the best runner of the three options wouldn't get a real chance to actually do so.

You got me.  I didn't realize Gus was going to run the ADHD offense.  

Should Gus settle down and actually decide we need 1 QB rather than 3, we can revisit this.  But as of now, damned if I have any idea what to expect next.

4 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Starting threads you know will be locked is a good way to get banned. Please keep it up. It will be addition by subtraction. 

Some guys just got too much douchebag in 'em.

Sean has done everything that was asked of him. Given an opportunity to actually run the offense the whole game...6 points would not have beaten us. Javing a "Franklin 3 package" was expected...and worked some...but they are killing the confidence of the kid who actually BEAT DeShaun Watson at the Nike "Elite 11" camp. 

I have been a CGM fan all along. But not only do you kill Sean's confidence...buy you line up STANTON TRUITT at pure running back in the first series...showing Venables we will run him later??? You rotate in a QB (God Bless poor Jeremy) who cannot make good decisions and kill Sean's hard-won confidence? Gus has gotten too "cute" and instead of coaching football...is trying to show everyone how he is still a "offensive guru". Offensive skill players have gotten WORSE when he gets his hands on them...not better! So we sit (again) and watch musical qb all season? I, for one...don't think it is fair to ask us to watch this again for another season.

Let the boy play...put Franklin in for a series or two...and let them play ball!!

Gus's O Plan is killing us. Pick the best of the worst and go with it. Boy have we missed at QB for this type of O. where have the coaches been the last 4 years.

I'll say this, there were at least 3-4 times last night where if they'd have done what I believed they would, Sean would have walked into the end zone on one and gotten a first down or two on the others.  He's not going to break a long one but every once in a blue moon, but the defense does not believe for one second he's going to keep it on that zone read play.  They all crash to where the RB is going.  If Sean pulls that ball out even once or twice, we sustain drives or score.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I actually thought Gus would treat a starting QB like one and play him.  I had no idea we were going to play musical chairs with three QBs all night and that the best runner of the three options wouldn't get a real chance to actually do so.

Should Gus settle down and actually decide we need 1 QB rather than 3, we can revisit this.  But as of now, damned if I have any idea what to expect next.

Great post

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll say this, there were at least 3-4 times last night where if they'd have done what I believed they would, Sean would have walked into the end zone on one and gotten a first down or two on the others.  He's not going to break a long one but every once in a blue moon, but the defense does not believe for one second he's going to keep it on that zone read play.  They all crash to where the RB is going.  If Sean pulls that ball out even once or twice, we sustain drives or score.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I saw the exact same thing 

OL was getting their butts kicked most of the night...almost did not matter who was QB because their DE and DT were in the backfield about the QB got the snap from center.     I guess all the QB shuffling was an attempt to sew confusion in their defensive plan but mostly confused our own offense about what was supposed to happen.   

Once the OL got settled down a bit, KJ knocked a few good runs and the QBs hit a few passes and the O seemed to move the ball a bit...just fortunate (and a huge surprise) that the D kept the game close enough that we still had a chance at the end.

JMO but seems the QBs are still auditioning and will be again next week.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

OL was getting their butts kicked most of the night...almost did not matter who was QB because their DE and DT were in the backfield about the QB got the snap from center.     I guess all the QB shuffling was an attempt to sew confusion in their defensive plan but mostly confused our own offense about what was supposed to happen.   

Once the OL got settled down a bit, KJ knocked a few good runs and the QBs hit a few passes and the O seemed to move the ball a bit...just fortunate (and a huge surprise) that the D kept the game close enough that we still had a chance at the end.

JMO but seems the QBs are still auditioning and will be again next week.

I agree.

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Compare the play in OT in the aTm game when their QB pranced right by two defenders crashing in on the RB. The Aggies hadn't run him the entire game before that.

The thing that gets me is that you don't name a kid a starter, prance him out on TV to talk about how blessed he is to have that responsibility, then don't let him start.   I agree that SW deserves the chance to get out there and play. We weren't able to hear Gus's comments after the game and I am too afraid to click on some of the threads on here.  Can someone tell me (without spewing vitriol) if he explained himself at all? I can't imagine how he thought that would be good for SW or any of the other QBs. 

And another thing AUBURN FANS do NOT boo a kid! I am really ashamed that they booed Jeremy. That is unacceptable. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Now THAT is an apt description.  I LOL'd..

1 minute ago, The Big Jal said:

According to Gus...expect a lot of the same...he was all but defiant in post-game PC about QB rotation.

Can't find a link to the PGPC. Anyone got one? I'd like to watch for myself.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The thing that gets me is that you don't name a kid a starter, prance him out on TV to talk about how blessed he is to have that responsibility, then don't let him start.   I agree that SW deserves the chance to get out there and play. We weren't able to hear Gus's comments after the game and I am too afraid to click on some of the threads on here.  Can someone tell me (without spewing vitriol) if he explained himself at all? I can't imagine how he thought that would be good for SW or any of the other QBs. 

And another thing AUBURN FANS do NOT boo a kid! I am really ashamed that they booed Jeremy. That is unacceptable. 

Gus said in his post game presser that what we saw was his plan.. He planned to rotate the guys and will continue to do so. He got mad at reporters who continued to ask him questions about the rotation and questioned why white was named the starter.. 

Thank you. Gus really needs some friends. Someone needs to tell him that he is being a pigheaded stubborn mule to the detriment of the kids on our team. I would certainly think that they are not all on agreement with this strategy...

I don't care as much about the loss as I do about how those three QBs have no idea where they stand.

If this is his plan for the year, he will be coaching himself out of a job. Unbelievable. I have never seen a three quarterback rotation. Ever! This is coaching malpractice.

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You won't believe this but Gus said he was the #1 guy because he got to start. He made it seem like getting to run one play was a reward. His comments about Sean White being the #1 were the most ridiculous statements he made the whole press conference. It was maddening.

6 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

He basically doubled down on his game plan.  Said this was the plan all along.

Archived