Blessed

Maverick.AU

Mods feel free to move if necessary

i had surgery today on a very swollen lymph node that was about the size of a lemon, doctors were concerned due to its size when I went to see a surgeon last week, my anxiety and other factors really made me expect the worst, such as lymphoma etc, but it turned out to be an inflammatory infection filling with pus. This was really the best case scenario that could have happened.

My premise for making this post was, one, because I feel like a lot of this board is a part of my family, as I joined this site after the merger when I started  at Auburn. Secondly all the anxiety and everything over the past few weeks really put everything into perspective for me, especially after going to the game Saturday night etc.

There is so much bickering back and forth these days on this board, but in reality we all express our love for AU to a different degree. Some may be quick to jump the gun on things but that is just how they react to things, some people are more laid back with a wait and see approach but again, that's just how they react things. Win or lose we all love AU and this great university and that's what truly matters. I love auburn because my dad getting season tickets gave me so much quality time that I would've never gotten to spend with him otherwise. I love Auburn because it always felt like home and was my home for 4 years in college. Auburn will always be special in my heart to the day I die and nobody can take that away from me

While we were all frustrated with what went on Saturday with the offense there are definitely positives moving forward (and u guys know I'm no sunshine pumper lol), but I am glad to see Gus take responsibility and own what happened on offense on Saturday. Anyways, I hope this wasn't too much of a sappy post, but let's have a great week leading into Ark St. WDE everybody

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NoALtiger said:

Nice post Mav, hope all goes well your way. 

Thanks bud, honestly it happened at probably a good time, football season kept my mind off a lot of things that otherwise it might've allowed my mind to wander elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Mods feel free to move if necessary

i had surgery today on a very swollen lymph node that was about the size of a lemon, doctors were concerned due to its size when I went to see a surgeon last week, my anxiety and other factors really made me expect the worst, such as lymphoma etc, but it turned out to be an inflammatory infection filling with pus. This was really the best case scenario that could have happened.

My premise for making this post was, one, because I feel like a lot of this board is a part of my family, as I joined this site after the merger when I started  at Auburn. Secondly all the anxiety and everything over the past few weeks really put everything into perspective for me, especially after going to the game Saturday night etc.

There is so much bickering back and forth these days on this board, but in reality we all express our love for AU to a different degree. Some may be quick to jump the gun on things but that is just how they react to things, some people are more laid back with a wait and see approach but again, that's just how they react things. Win or lose we all love AU and this great university and that's what truly matters. I love auburn because my dad getting season tickets gave me so much quality time that I would've never gotten to spend with him otherwise. I love Auburn because it always felt like home and was my home for 4 years in college. Auburn will always be special in my heart to the day I die and nobody can take that away from me

While we were all frustrated with what went on Saturday with the offense there are definitely positives moving forward (and u guys know I'm no sunshine pumper lol), but I am glad to see Gus take responsibility and own what happened on offense on Saturday. Anyways, I hope this wasn't too much of a sappy post, but let's have a great week leading into Ark St. WDE everybody

Congrats to you!!  I am dealing with a something right now physically that has me concerned. Will find out more tomorrow.  But, again, so glad that yours turned out OK.  I am glad that the prayers sent your way were answered.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Congrats to you!!  I am dealing with a something right now physically that has me concerned. Will find out more tomorrow.  But, again, so glad that yours turned out OK.  I am glad that the prayers sent your way were answered.

wde

Prayers sent your way as well H1. I had a fantastic support system around me during all this and it meant the world of difference

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Prayers sent your way as well H1. I had a fantastic support system around me during all this and it meant the world of difference

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  My support system is good, but i am a worrier, type A personalty with the patience of a gnat.  That does not help things. Thinking I need some of augolf's PBR.

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  My support system is good, but i am a worrier, type A personalty with the patience of a gnat.  That does not help things. Thinking I need some of augolf's PBR.

I am a massive worrier and obsesser  as well so I know where you're coming from with that. If you ever need a chat just send me a pm bud and I'll be happy to listen or help any way I can

ps: I don't know if golf will share any, lol

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I am a massive worrier and obsesser  as well so I know where you're coming from with that. If you ever need a chat just send me a pm bud and I'll be happy to listen or help any way I can

Thanks again.  I may just do that.  Take care.

7 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Glad to hear that it was not the worst case scenario, @Maverick.AU. God is good. Also @AUIH1, I will say a little prayer for you. We are all blessed to be a part of the Auburn Family, even in times of doubt, we belong. War Eagle, gentlemen.

Thank you and I agree that God is good (actually better for me than I deserve).

wde

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

ps: I don't know if golf will share any, lol

Lets stop with the negative waves man and no i don't share my beer

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets stop with the negative waves man and no i don't share my beer

I knew better than that golf haha, I'll be having one soon enough after this is all over. Lol

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I knew better than that golf haha, I'll be having one soon enough after this is all over. Lol

Good for you keep thinking positive waves

5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Prayers for you AUIH1. It's always scary this side of things.  Nothing better that I can say than Isaiah 26:3. Hang in there. Great news, Maverick!!

17 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Prayers for you AUIH1. It's always scary this side of things.  Nothing better that I can say than Isaiah 26:3. Hang in there. Great news, Maverick!!

Thank you!!  

Got your back covered my friend! A little prayer can go a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, sadly it wasn't just an infection, it happened to be anaplastic large cell lymphoma. I however am keeping positive thoughts Bc the prognosis does have a very good success rate, however more than myself please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers Bc I know they are taking it hard. Love you all and WDE 

Maverick, I am so sorry to hear this. I am not sure if it was this type or not, but my nephew had non-Hodgkins lymphoma and has not had any relapse since his treatment over 7 years ago. At that time, they told him that aggressive cancers respond the best to treatments. You will be in my prayers. The chemo will be rough going, but God and your AUFamily will be with you every step of the way.

May GOD, who is the Great Physician, lay His healing hands on you. May He not only heal your body, but give you peace and comfort like you have never known. May He guide those who are giving you care. May He be with your family and use this time to grow their trust in Him. If you ever need anything, a little extra prayer or a cheerful word, please let me know. I am the ultimate sunshine pumper! lol :jossun:

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maverick, I am so sorry to hear this. I am not sure if it was this type or not, but my nephew had non-Hodgkins lymphoma and has not had any relapse since his treatment over 7 years ago. At that time, they told him that aggressive cancers respond the best to treatments. You will be in my prayers. The chemo will be rough going, but God and your AUFamily will be with you every step of the way.

May GOD, who is the Great Physician, lay His healing hands on you. May He not only heal your body, but give you peace and comfort like you have never known. May He guide those who are giving you care. May He be with your family and use this time to grow their trust in Him. If you ever need anything, a little extra prayer or a cheerful word, please let me know. I am the ultimate sunshine pumper! lol :jossun:

The type of lymphoma I have is ALK positive which has a very high rate of not relapsing, also it appears to be in a very early stage. Personally a great prognosis given the alternative. Thank you so much, I personally am taking it well, my family is worried though, so my thoughts are with them over myself Bc I know I will beat this.

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

In our prayers Mav! 

Thanks so much bud. This place is like a second home to me and so many great people here, it means the world to me.

Prayers for you and your Family Mav. God Bless....and War Eagle!!

Archived