Good win tonight,

AUIH1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big turnaround at the half.......which many people did not seem to notice if you consider the complaining.    Hate to be in somebody's record book but I bet Kelly would rather have the win than the yards. 

WDE

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Defense gave up only 7 in the 2nd half

Interception by Holsey sealed the game, too.

Ole Miss is good on O. Did we shut them out? No. Did we shut them down when we had to? Yep.

8 minutes ago, autig90 said:

Didn't you start a thread whining about the defense??

I guess you are going to claim the D played well in the first half? I imagine Steele did some complaining about the D as well. they stunk it up in the first half. period.

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I guess you are going to claim the D played well in the first half? I imagine Steele did some complaining about the D as well. they stunk it up in the first half. period.

Good thing they play 2 halves

Glad AU came through on a game where they were tested.  We knew Kelly and Ole Miss would be tough to defend on the pass and the defense did what they needed to stop them.  I'll take the win gladly!

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Ole Miss did in the first half what they did to everybody...including mighty updyke u. They are a damn good offense with Kelly and I for one am glad AU does not have to see him again. Him and Engram will be playing on Sundays.

Ole Miss scored 43 on bama, Kelly had 421 yards passing and Rebs had 522 yards of total offense on them. Our defense is the real deal this year and made the right adjustments at halftime. This team is a million miles from where they were against Clemson.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We got lucky Engram dropped what would have been another touchdown the play before the interception. To me that dropped pass is what changed the game. It's like you could feel some air come out of Ole Miss after that play. That play was literally a 14 point swing.

We only gave up 7 points in the 2nd half.  7!!

I don't care about yards given up on Defense, only points.  Kelly set a record in a loss.  W is the only thing that matters.

2 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

We only gave up 7 points in the 2nd half.  7!!

I don't care about yards given up on Defense, only points.  Kelly set a record in a loss.  W is the only thing that matters.

Wow. I kind of feel bad for the guy.  That's real downer ending when your telling that story to the grandkids.

9 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

We got lucky Engram dropped what would have been another touchdown the play before the interception. To me that dropped pass is what changed the game. It's like you could feel some air come out of Ole Miss after that play. That play was literally a 14 point swing.

OM got lucky that White missed two separate TD throws to the Davises. He hits those, AU scores TDs.

10 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Luck has and always will be part of the game.

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU WON a hard fought game against a team with nothing to lose

Wouldn't say nothing to lose, they were definitely playing for their integrity.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good thing they play 2 halves

Really? Thanks for clearing that up.Thats not my point.  My point is when you tackle horribly, cover poorly, and have a poor pash rush, and give up over 200 yards passing in the first quarter, people are going to complain about the D and rightfully so. Stupid to expect otherwise.

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll admit the defense had me running scared in the 1st half

22 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Wow. I kind of feel bad for the guy.  That's real downer ending when your telling that story to the grandkids.

I never feel bad for whoever we play. Never ever.

Archived