2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

1 hour ago, fredst said:

You’re reading my mind @ellitor! I was just going to post that I think he *isnt* a luxury because he looks like Tres Williams with maybe even a little more speed. I know E, it’s a scary place to be ?!

Bump.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read on another site that Saban spent a lot of one on one time with Quay this weekend.  Also Reggie Ragland spent time with him telling him he needed to go to bama and they would put him in the best position to advance to the NFL. 

Can ex players get involved in recruiting?

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

Read on another site that Saban spent a lot of one on one time with Quay this weekend.  Also Reggie Ragland spent time with him telling him he needed to go to bama and they would put him in the best position to advance to the NFL. 

If they are already on campus they can talk to them. Cam talks to recruits for us when he's on campus. Plus Cam has a 7 on 7 football team so he can talk to his players about us as their coach.

Also when mentioning another site please include the site.

28 minutes ago, tinman said:

I don't doubt that Saban spent a lot of time with Walker. UAT has been hemorrhaging linebackers and Walker is close to SEC game-ready. Walker is as important to them as he is to us, which is very important. Since only about 10% of committed players flip, the odds are with bammer on this one, but we'll still get our shot next weekend. Unless they have convinced Walker not to show up at AU which is something they certainly would have tried to accomplish.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't doubt that Saban spent a lot of time with Walker. UAT has been hemorrhaging linebackers and Walker is close to SEC game-ready. Walker is as important to them as he is to us, which is very important. Since only about 10% of committed players flip, the odds are with bammer on this one, but we'll still get our shot next weekend. Unless they have convinced Walker not to show up at AU which is something they certainly would have tried to accomplish.

Plus, they can offer a great deal on a car :ucrazy:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If they are already on campus they can talk to them. Cam talks to recruits for us when he's on campus. Plus Cam has a 7 on 7 football team so he can talk to his players about us as their coach.

Also when mentioning another site please include the site.

SEC Country.  The bama part.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

With Peaches 

Damn! Sometime I wish this wasn't a family site. So many jokes.

Just now, doug3020 said:

When was the last time we flipped a bama recruit at LB or DB?

LB, before Saban. DB Stephen Roberts & Kal Bessent 2014.

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

When was the last time we flipped a bama recruit at LB or DB?

Stephen Roberts and Bessent I think 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thank you. That was an honest question btw...No sarcasm for once in one of my post.

Seems like if this guy is gonna flip it’s a good a time as any now.  I’m not for the signing day games of flips.  I know it can potentially put your rivals in tight spots but can also come back to bite you a year or multiple years later.  At the end of the day no game or score has changed from a recruit flip.  

With all that being said most of the “experts” think is Al or UT, with Clemson and UGA, then AU.  We’ve been hearing of a flip for 3-4 months now.  As far as I know we have 1 LB spot left and that’s for Walker.  What’s the wait?

23 minutes ago, corchjay said:

With all that being said most of the “experts” think is Al or UT, with Clemson and UGA, then AU.  We’ve been hearing of a flip for 3-4 months now.  As far as I know we have 1 LB spot left and that’s for Walker.  What’s the wait?

There's no wait or games from our end. We would take him anytime he's ready. Given how Gus made Joiner go public instead of giving us a silent a couple weeks ago as he wanted to do, I think Gus is tired of silents, especially since some don't pan out. Coughing...Justin Fields.

Also Clemson is not a factor. Florida is the 5th team involved.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's no wait or games from our end. We would take him anytime he's ready. Given how Gus made Joiner go public instead of giving us a silent a couple weeks ago as he wanted to do, I think Gus is tired of silents, especially since some don't pan out. Coughing...Justin Fields.

Also Clemson is not a factor. Florida is the 5th team involved.

I’m with you on the Gus part tired of games.  So if he’s a flip then get on board so the coaches can focus on other needs

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No, you are forgetting that we flipped Rubin Foster and "Peaches'" adopted son, I forget has name (as has most everyone else). 

:dunno:

21 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m with you on the Gus part tired of games.  So if he’s a flip then get on board so the coaches can focus on other needs

I don't think Walker is playing games. His mind might not be entirely made up. If he shows up at AU for his scheduled visit this coming weekend, we have a shot.

2 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

No, you are forgetting that we flipped Rubin Foster and "Peaches'" adopted son, I forget has name (as has most everyone else). 

:dunno:

Getting the NLI is what counts. Bama got Rueben so he doesn't count & Callaway was a RB recruit for us so he doesn't count on 2 levels.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think Walker is playing games. His mind might not be entirely made up. If he shows up at AU for his scheduled visit this coming weekend, we have a shot.

I’ve taken the insiders view of he’s coming to AU as he’s silent to AU.  Therefore it’s time to go public

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

’ve taken the insiders view of he’s coming to AU as he’s silent to AU.

Don't think I've heard that but interesting.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I’ve taken the insiders view of he’s coming to AU as he’s silent to AU.  Therefore it’s time to go public

I doubt the silent to AU story. Why visit UAT last weekend, Tennessee the weekend before that and UGA the week after AU if he's a silent commit to Auburn? I think he's making a final round of visits to be sure of where he wants to go. I can't imagine anyone subjecting themselves to week after week of high pressure sales efforts if his mind is made up. That "silent to AU" story is probably nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of some of our fans.

Just now, corchjay said:

WDE has been saying AU since October 

You could be right. I don't recall @WarDamnEagleWDE ever saying silent on Walker though. He usually doesn't post stuff like that til after a kid flips publicly or signs. It's a good way to lose sources.

Just now, ellitor said:

You could be right. I don't recall @WarDamnEagleWDE ever saying silent on Walker though. He usually doesn't post stuff like that til after a kid flips publicly or signs. It's a good way to lose sources.

I assumed if he knew Walker to AU while being committed to bama that meant a silent.  He never said “silent” but has said multiple times AU... and when asked for more or status on Walker he posted a gif of a stick man flip

Archived