2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

Little blurb from Wolk FWIW

My sources say the Tigers are fully in this. That doesn’t mean Auburn will land him, or that it’s the favorite, but the Tigers can’t be ignored against the other three potential destinations — Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia. The Tigers made a major push last weekend on the official visit. Malzahn saved his in-home with Walker for a strategic time.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Gus saving his in home visit, Strategery, love it.

So I guess Gus finally looked up the word strategy  in the dictionary. Way to go Gus! A step in the right direction.:drippingsarcasm7pa:

5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I know we are behind but man I really want this kid to be playing for the good guys next year!!!!

I do as well.  I just think it is going to be hard to do.  Kirby is going to show Walker everything that Roquan Smith did and basically tell Quay that this is what we want you to do here.  Thats an easy sell showing an 18 YO a player that is the top player at his position entering the draft as a JR.

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

I do as well.  I just think it is going to be hard to do.  Kirby is going to show Walker everything that Roquan Smith did and basically tell Quay that this is what we want you to do here.  Thats an easy sell showing an 18 YO a player that is the top player at his position entering the draft as a JR.

Agree 100%.  It is going to be a very tough pull.  Just fingers crossed that TWill can show him the light of the good guys!

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

UGA & Bama are fading. Vols are the big threat.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

UGA & Bama are fading. Vols are the big threat.

Sounds like Pruitt might be selling lack of depth/early playing time if true.

He could have a very good shot to play early at Auburn and be reunited with Big Cat while only a little over 100 miles form his hometown.

6 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Sounds like Pruitt might be selling lack of depth/early playing time if true.

He could have a very good shot to play early at Auburn and be reunited with Big Cat while only a little over 100 miles form his hometown.

Pruitt was the main reason Walker chose uat over AU. I think Walker goes to UT. 

AU has been on Walker the longest and is the top LBer on the board this year. Has been for 2 years. Hope we pull it off. 

Funny how it goes from recruit to recruit. Several threads on this forum talk about how if we won bigger, we would be more in it with some of these kids. Yet Walker is very likely headed to a 4-8 team with 6 losing seasons in the last 10 years. 

46 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pruitt was the main reason Walker chose uat over AU. I think Walker goes to UT. 

AU has been on Walker the longest and is the top LBer on the board this year. Has been for 2 years. Hope we pull it off. 

Good point, Pruitt doing work.

still hoping auburn gets him since we're so much closer to his hometown and family than Knoxville. Also, Tennesse is years away from being competitive whereas Auburn is in contention.

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think Walker goes to UT

Hope he does if we don't get him. I'm still holding out hope T-Will can work some magic. 

This article says we are out of it

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/its_a_three-team_race_for_alab.html

Quay Walker has been tight-lipped recently, even with those close to him.

What's clear, though, is that this is a three-team race for the longtime Alabama commit.

Those three schools, according to the four-star linebacker's high school coach, are the Crimson Tide, Tennessee and Georgia.

"Just judging by the way he's been the past week, he seems to be a little bit more comfortable with things and he seems to be a little more (at ease)," said Brad Harber, Walker's high school coach. "With that said, I think that he's very close to knowing what school he wants to attend."

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/its_a_three-team_race_for_alab.html

What's clear, though, is that this is a three-team race for the longtime Alabama commit.

Those three schools, according to the four-star linebacker's high school coach, are the Crimson Tide, Tennessee and Georgia.

"Just judging by the way he's been the past week, he seems to be a little bit more comfortable with things and he seems to be a little more (at ease)," said Brad Harber, Walker's high school coach. "With that said, I think that he's very close to knowing what school he wants to attend."

A lot of conflicting info going around. Auburn is def still in it. Way more than bama according to mods on AU sites. It is a wild recruitment because even his High School coach seems to be confused.

9 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I see this a lot about players..The kid was elite he would have been good anywhere he went. JMO....IMO this kid will be good wherever he goes...

5 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

It's wrong and another reason I don't post al.scum stuff unless it's absolutly necessary.

12 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Sounds to me like Alabama received some disappointing news and they don't want Quay coming to AU, so they naturally try and act like Auburn has never been in it, even though we've been recruiting him for 2 years lol. Some things never change. I hope Quay comes to AU, but i'll get some satisfaction watching him decommit from Bammer and commit to either Tennessee or Auburn.

The good news for us is that Pruitt can and will try to negatively recruit against the puppies.  His time in Athens did not go well and many will tell you about the verbal dress downs he would give Richt as well as the coaches he will not want to ever meet in a non crowded area.  Things were very ugly at times as Richt thought he wanted some Bama in Athens but did not want to do what it took to make the cake.

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The good news for us is that Pruitt can and will try to negatively recruit against the puppies.  His time in Athens did not go well and many will tell you about the verbal dress downs he would give Richt as well as the coaches he will not want to ever meet in a non crowded area.  Things were very ugly at times as Richt thought he wanted some Bama in Athens but did not want to do what it took to make the cake.

There's no such thing as a "little" turd in the punch bowl. If it's in there, it's in.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

A lot of conflicting info going around. Auburn is def still in it. Way more than bama according to mods on AU sites. It is a wild recruitment because even his High School coach seems to be confused.

Any chance he's in a high pressure situation where his coach is trying to protect him and make his life a little easier so the leghumpers don't make his life difficult until he can get to campus? 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Any chance he's in a high pressure situation where his coach is trying to protect him and make his life a little easier so the leghumpers don't make his life difficult until he can get to campus? 

I like the way you think man.

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I like the way you think man.

Probably a little optimistic, but like you said, it's a little weird that there's so much contradiction. 

So a bama commit who is still "looking".....thought Saban had a policy or something about that?  Or is NS just dangling him out there to let other schools waste a little time and money chasing him...and divert their attention ?  

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So a bama commit who is still "looking".....thought Saban had a policy or something about that?  Or is NS just dangling him out there to let other schools waste a little time and money chasing him...and divert their attention ?  

I think most would be shocked if he stuck with Bama.

Archived