ESPNW report on sexual harassment

Article released today implies that there are more staff changes.....other than  the Myers.   Cited personnel concerns for the lack of specificity but guess information will trickle out in the next few days.    

Whoever is managing the information should seek a job in the White House....things are much more buttoned up in the Athletic Department than any place in Washington DC.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Article released today implies that there are more staff changes.....other than  the Myers.   Cited personnel concerns for the lack of specificity but guess information will trickle out in the next few days.    

Whoever is managing the information should seek a job in the White House....things are much more buttoned up in the Athletic Department than any place in Washington DC.

64, you got a link to that article?

4 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

You claim this based on an opinion article from inside the town of Auburn?  Another enourmous leap in reasoning. 

Was there wrong done? Yes. 

Have the people in the wrong that we know for sure been let go?  Yes. 

Are you trying to use this to take down someone you don't like with ZERO proof of his wrongdoing?  Absolutely. 

Are you really that blind?   Jay Jacobs talks about the safety and the greater good of Auburn athletes at every opportunity and hires coaches who have no concern for the good of the athletes.  He talks of integrity and robs donors blind through a bogus ticket system until exposed.  He talks of loyalty and throws Chizik under the bus to save his own hide.  He talks of family and makes up charges of violations against Golloway who he knew what he was getting.  And now this...he wasn't surprised by any of this.  Jay Jacobs signs every communication with "God Bless" and makes every decision as though he has no idea about God.  Some day this cockroach will be exposed to the light and we will finally be rid of the devil that that has been encamped in the corner office of the athletic department.  It's coming like a freight train.

Yeah, I know it's AL.com but this part of the article is pretty damning to Jacobs imo:

On April 27, Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said he had no knowledge of any investigation into Corey Myers' conduct.

"I really didn't have a reaction other than what his statement was, which is that he wanted to spend more time with his family," Jacobs told AL.com on April 27. "It's a grind being an assistant coach and having a family; little kids, it's a tough thing. I appreciate him being willing to say, 'You know what, I can't keep doing both of these. I can't have my family the way I need to with the time and keep up with softball too.' So, I respect him for stepping out."

I know how many on here feel about AL.com but I'll still give a link to those who might be willing to click on it anyway:

read more at: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/auburn_softball_per_espns_outs.html

6 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

It was public knowledge among the team.  It is just now becoming really public.  AU fricked up here.

wde

No kidding. This is why one of our best players got the heck out of dodge.

The people on here throwing Shade on these young women need to take off the glasses. Why we offered that coach a contract extension is telling, either they had their head in the sand or were hoping this wouldn't see the light. They better bring back the lawyers they had for Cam or it could get worse real quick. 

On 8/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Folks keep mentioning the contract extension, but 1 poster noted that the montgomery advertiser said there was no extension. Does anyone know which it is? Changes things a bit if there wasn't one.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Are you really that blind?   Jay Jacobs talks about the safety and the greater good of Auburn athletes at every opportunity and hires coaches who have no concern for the good of the athletes.  He talks of integrity and robs donors blind through a bogus ticket system until exposed.  He talks of loyalty and throws Chizik under the bus to save his own hide.  He talks of family and makes up charges of violations against Golloway who he knew what he was getting.  And now this...he wasn't surprised by any of this.  Jay Jacobs sign  s every communication with "God Bless" and makes every decision as though he has no idea about God.  Some day this cockroach will be exposed to the light and we will finally be rid of the devil that that has been encamped in the corner office of the athletic department.  It's coming like a freight train.

You really seem to have a personal problem with Jacobs.  "Coaches who have no concern for the good of the athletes?"  You're smearing with a broad brush there.  Only Corey Myers has done anything that might fall into this category.  And he was supposed to know that Corey was going to do this?  I don't buy it.  Of course he fired Chizik.  The guy went 3-12 two years after winning the NC.  He got rid of Golloway because he needed to be gone, and did a good job, I say.  It seems to me that Auburn athletics is in pretty good shape overall, and that's what he gets paid to do.  I don't have a problem with him.

2 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Folks keep mentioning the contract extension, but 1 poster noted that the montgomery advertiser said there was no extension. Does anyone know which it is? Changes things a bit if there wasn't one.

I've heard the same thing about the contract extension.  But I have not been able to find confirmation anywhere.  I'd like to see a link if there is one confirming Myers was given an extension AFTER the allegations came out.  It appears to just be a rumor.

13 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Here's the link.  Read to the bottom of the article.  http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2017/08/26/report-former-auburn-softball-player-files-sexual-discrimination-complaint/605524001/

There was no 2023 contract extension.

2 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Appreciate the link.  According to the article:

Multiple reports "suggested" Myers and Auburn had agreed to a contract extension through 2023, but multiple Auburn officials requesting anonymity confirmed to the Montgomery Advertiser that a new contract for Myers “never went to and was never going to be on a future (board of trustees) agenda."

It appears this contract extension story has never been confirmed.  

16 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

There was an agreement in principle for a contract extension that was reported July 7 by multiple outlets that cover Auburn. 

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/myers-contract-extended-three-years

Honestly though, whether it was up for approval or not, the fact that there was an extension in the works is still a bad look.

4 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Thanks for the information but you realize you have spoiled an important part of the story.   

Meanwhile several folks keep saying that everyone knew what was going on, players, "insiders", etc. etc ....yet we have the brother of a player on the coaching staff and a couple other coaches not related to either of the CCMs....and nobody pushed the issue either?  

So all these coaches, managers and other staff were either clueless about what was going on with the team.....a group of players they saw virtually every day....or they just let Corey do what he wanted with the players?   Does anyone really believe that there was some conspiracy of silence from the top down?      Boy if that's so.....every member of the softball program should be gone by Tuesday.     .

28 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

There was an agreement in principle for a contract extension that was reported July 7 by multiple outlets that cover Auburn. 

Honestly though, whether it was up for approval or not, the fact that there was an extension in the works is still a bad look.

And thanks for that link.  Every little bit of clarification helps in this case.  There's so much that begs further exposition.  For instance,what did Fagan say after Woodard asked her to "define inappropriate relationship"?

58 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

And thanks for that link.  Every little bit of clarification helps in this case.  There's so much that begs further exposition.  For instance,what did Fagan say after Woodard asked her to "define inappropriate relationship"?

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The strange thing is NO article had any quotes of confirmation from Jacobs or others in the admin. Its possible the internal reviews were ongoing and there was NOT going to be an extension..so JJ was not going on the record for something that was going the other way (Clint Meyers leaving)...

Haven't read the whole thread but I heard rumblings of this in November/December. I would've said something but we don't do rumors here (for good reason). I assume JJ knew then and then did a 3 month investigation. I assume.

I just listened to an interview on wjox with Marcello that sure sounded like things are not going to be looking up for the present AD.   IDK, but I am wondering about what went on myself after hearing this

11 hours ago, steeleagle said:

The strange thing is NO article had any quotes of confirmation from Jacobs or others in the admin. Its possible the internal reviews were ongoing and there was NOT going to be an extension..so JJ was not going on the record for something that was going the other way (Clint Meyers leaving)...

Seems that lots of stuff being treated as "fact" on here should more likely be classified as allegations, gossip and rumor based on anonymous sources. 

Not making light of the issue by any means, but there is little validation or credibility to back up most of this.....and I  have a hard time believing that in this era of social media where people will say about anything..... because they think they are invisible....that Corey's misbehaving had not been spread all over the internet. 

AU obviously believed enough of it to dismiss Corey....but beyond that?   It's been implied by some posters and other allegations that Corey's actions were well known and pervasive .....but I'm thinking that it was mostly gossip and rumor.....based on what? .

19 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Haven't read the whole thread but I heard rumblings of this in November/December. I would've said something but we don't do rumors here (for good reason). I assume JJ knew then and then did a 3 month investigation. I assume.

You may be right, and I don't really know anything, but my interpretation of the sketchy facts we have is a bit different.  It seems some of the players became aware of the goings-on during fall practice, and sent anonymous notification to Auburn admin.  At that time, Corey went on leave of absence.  At Clint's urging, some of the girls who were unaware of the inappropriate relationship wrote letters of support for Corey.  Admin apparently didn't turn up any further negative information, and since they had the letters of support, dismissed the anonymous complaints and allowed Corey to return to the team.  Corey's resignation in March was triggered by the messages found on the young lady's cellphone.  That's just my interpretation.

5 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

You may be right, and I don't really know anything, but my interpretation of the sketchy facts we have is a bit different.  It seems some of the players became aware of the goings-on during fall practice, and sent anonymous notification to Auburn admin.  At that time, Corey went on leave of absence.  At Clint's urging, some of the girls who were unaware of the inappropriate relationship wrote letters of support for Corey.  Admin apparently didn't turn up any further negative information, and since they had the letters of support, dismissed the anonymous complaints and allowed Corey to return to the team.  Corey's resignation in March was triggered by the messages found on the young lady's cellphone.  That's just my interpretation.

Seems like a plausible timeline. 

Somewhere back in this long thread there were some questions about why walk on Alexa Nemeth was cut from the team after the 2017 season. I can give you my opinion as I did see her pitch in a preseason game in the fall of 2016. She does not appear to be strong enough to be a division I pitcher, much less an SEC caliber pitcher. She throws in the 50's and I'm not sure she would be a starter on a D2 team. Auburn was short on pitchers this year having only 3 on the roster. Jenna Abbott was moved to pitcher after having not pitched in 3 years. Jenna became the 4th pitcher in the rotation and Nemeth never played in the regular season.  Auburn signed at least 2 pitchers for the upcoming season and thus will have a full rotation of 5 pitchers. I don't believe any coach would have asked her back to be a walk on pitcher under these roster circumstances. She may be under the impression that she can come back to the team because Clint Myers is gone, but the reality is quite different if you look solely at her talent level. 

14 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Only Corey Myers has done anything that might fall into this category. 

Belle would (probably rightly) say Golloway....  Barbee absolutely falls into this category.  I have first hand knowledge of how he hosed Heath Houston before he ever had a chance to set foot in an Auburn classroom.  And check with anyone about his his plant Wayne Bolt.  Jacobs is Auburn athletics' enemy #1 and has been for more than a decade and he's so good at the ol' God bless that he's got you fooled.  This is where we lost when SACS jumped in.  Bobby Lowder would not have put up with this ish.

23 hours ago, NA Tiger said:

I actually meant a little deeper.

Which girl? There are 4 or 5 girls quoted in the ESPNW article. It seems you're trying to insinuate something here. 

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

Seems like a plausible timeline. 

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think it is more of this timetable. IMO

In the fall players notified the admin of what they knew/or heard about Corey and another player. It was investigated, He was told to take a leave of absence (possible punishment), and told not to do it anymore. 

In the spring, players again found out that Corey was STILL involved with another player, and they had had enough..and wanted stiff action taken. He resigned. 

In the summer, Clint resigns due to the lawsuit coming, media publicity, scrutiny, etc...

Archived