ESPNW report on sexual harassment

You mean other then:

Freshman, red shirted first year

Academic All American (SEC)

Enrolled in the College of Math and Science

High School team MVP 

Hometown: Auburn

She was cut from the team after 2017 season. (hmm)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE (Sunday, 9:47 a.m.): Auburn University released a statement to AUC  

"An investigation was promptly launched when allegations were made or concerns were raised. While we aren't allowed by law to comment on personnel issues or issues related to students, any suggestion that Auburn Athletics or university administration didnt take it seriously or didn't act in the best interest of student-athletes is simply false."

I actually meant a little deeper.

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

UPDATE (Sunday, 9:47 a.m.): Auburn University released a statement to AUC  

"An investigation was promptly launched when allegations were made or concerns were raised. While we aren't allowed by law to comment on personnel issues or issues related to students, any suggestion that Auburn Athletics or university administration didnt take it seriously or didn't act in the best interest of student-athletes is simply false."

That is why I cringe when people gossip and speak in rumors, saying the Athletic Department or university are involved in some gross misconduct.  Let people do their jobs and the facts be presented before coming to such conclusions.

35 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

That is why I cringe when people gossip and speak in rumors, saying the Athletic Department or university are involved in some gross misconduct.  Let people do their jobs and the facts be presented before coming to such conclusions.

Yep....people these days are pretty quick to disparage and or trash others without knowing them or having any supporting facts .....and for reasons I will never understand AU people will say or imply the vilest things about those we entrust to manage the affairs of the university at all levels.   A sad state of affairs.

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

They really aren't supposed to, but you never know what the NCAA is going to do. No NCAA rules were broken.

That didn't save Penn State from becoming a smoking crater in the end....

13 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

I just love how these "fans" on here compare us to Penn St and Baylor and Ole Miss.  Where was there assault?  Where was there molestation?  Where was there prostitution?  Where was there a coverup?  Nowhere?  Then stop dragging our own name through the mud.  The man was let go just days after this came out until the situation could be figured out.  There wasn't even a single crime committed. Just bad decisions between men and women which happen everywhere all the time. Can I have all of your phone records to trace every call or text you sent to someone that you shouldn't have?  Surely you have all done it at least once. That makes all of you just as guilty. Whatever you are calling their family, look in the mirror and say it again.   Did they make mistakes?  You bet. Did they deserved to be let go?  Absolutely. Do they deserve to be called the names the people of this board are calling them?  Doubt it. How can we hold coaches to such a high standard when we look around at the cesspool just in this forum alone?  Are we above reproach?  There's been tons of discussions on this very board that surpass the level of filth portrayed by the Meyers.   The hypocrites on this board blow my mind. 

/rant. Back to your glass houses. 

Lol

39 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Remember that the concerns raised in the fall were done so anonymously.  It isn't reasonable to fire someone because of an anonymous complaint.  As I recall the situation last fall, it was announced that Corey was taking a leave of absence.  He didn't resign, if I'm remembering that correctly.  Then he was brought back two weeks later after several players wrote letters supporting him.  Investigators then conclude (reasonably) that there's no substance to the anonymous complaints.  So now the board is wiped clean.  I don't know the timing of Clint's 2020 contract extension, but there would be no reason not to give him one after Corey came back.

Related:  Casey Fagan and Cheyenne Coyle are no longer listed as staff members.  Hunter Veach is listed as manager.

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Can I like this 1000 times?

I just think we over analyze simple concepts. It'd should be a no brained that a coach / boss / manager shouldn't be engaging or speaking about inappropriate things about employees or players , especially to the contemporaries of those folks & definitely not when you are married .

24 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Remember that the concerns raised in the fall were done so anonymously.  It isn't reasonable to fire someone because of an anonymous complaint.  As I recall the situation last fall, it was announced that Corey was taking a leave of absence.  He didn't resign, if I'm remembering that correctly.  Then he was brought back two weeks later after several players wrote letters supporting him.  Investigators then conclude (reasonably) that there's no substance to the anonymous complaints.  So now the board is wiped clean.  I don't know the timing of Clint's 2020 contract extension, but there would be no reason not to give him one after Corey came back.

Related:  Casey Fagan and Cheyenne Coyle are no longer listed as staff members.  Hunter Veach is listed as manager.

^^^^^This is how i look at it. Anonymously by probably bench warmers(you can usually figure out who is being anonymous) is not very strong evidence. They whole thing is embarrassing though.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

AU may have to fall on the sword.

If any of this is true, and a coach manipulated any of the young softball ladies with sexual comments or as alleged, sexual affairs, then it will have a terrible look to the public and the pressure will come and force more changes than a son and father's resignation....IMO..

True but the allegations are curious......supposedly Clint allowed Corey to have relations with players....plural, as in more than one....but nothing was provided to back that up...not names, times or places.   I was not expecting names or anything but guess I'm naive ...but for him to be having sexual relations with more than one girl and it not become public knowledge....hard to imagine.   Non-specific charges by anonymous accusers until a few days ago and the allegations did not cite facts as best I could tell.....only that good old charge of "hostile climate". 

From comments made by Fagan and Cooper it sounds like one player was involved with him and the rest of the team...or at least some of them were very unhappy about it which makes me think she might have been getting favorable treatment.

Meanwhile, AU people can call for a thorough investigation but to otherwise throw dirt on the folks involved without any more facts than we have seen.....I mean, just leave it to al.com and ESPN....they will do more than an adequate job of shoveling the manure....and how did Crepa miss this? 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile, AU people can call for a thorough investigation but to otherwise throw dirt on the folks involved without any more facts than we have seen.....I mean, just leave it to al.com and ESPN....they will do more than an adequate job of shoveling the manure....and how did Crepa miss this? 

Good point.  I'm surprised too that al.com and Crepea did not pick up on this earlier, they're always hoping for the worst at Auburn and being the first to report it.

There is just too little information that the outside public have at this moment.  And for that matter, too much gossip, rumors, and preconceived notions.  From what I'm seeing, many of those that are citing the worst case scenario for Auburn, are also known to despise Jay Jacobs and continually finding faults of his that will lead to his removal as AD.  I've never understood this sentiment.  I've always been indifferent to Jacobs.  Im not sure what sins he has committed to make so many dislike him.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but the allegations are curious......supposedly Clint allowed Corey to have relations with players....plural, as in more than one....but nothing was provided to back that up...not names, times or places.   I was not expecting names or anything but guess I'm naive ...but for him to be having sexual relations with more than one girl and it not become public knowledge....hard to imagine.   Non-specific charges by anonymous accusers until a few days ago and the allegations did not cite facts as best I could tell.....only that good old charge of "hostile climate". 

From comments made by Fagan and Cooper it sounds like one player was involved with him and the rest of the team...or at least some of them were very unhappy about it which makes me think she might have been getting favorable treatment.

It was public knowledge among the team.  It is just now becoming really public.  AU fricked up here.

wde

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's really just sickening that so many cannot see through the incredible hypocrisy that is Jay Jacobs.....

'We clicked from day one'

When softball coach Clint Myers and his wife, Katie, came to The Plains to interview for the job with Jacobs, he was impressed by the Auburn campus and the community.

But what really sold him was Jacobs' passion for family--the Auburn Family and his own.

"The day Katie and I came down and had the interview, we were sitting down having lunch," Myers said. "He was telling me about the Auburn Family and I'm telling him about the Myers family, and we're saying the same thing. It was a relationship made for both of us, because we had the same ideas and goals as far as what we wanted to do and how we should be doing things. We clicked from day one."

Myers said great players are only one piece of what it takes to compete for championships, which he did in record time after leading Auburn to its first Women's College World Series and a national runner-up finish in his first three years. It takes the support and commitment of an entire department.

"The success has been tremendous, and you have to start at the top and look at what Jay has done for this program," Myers said. "He has given us great support."

The Hall of Fame coach said Jacobs is "basically self-made."

"He came here as a football player, and he will leave here as an athletics director," Myers said. "That's a true success story."

Myers said he personally appreciates Jacobs' efforts to come to games and cheer for his girls.

"Not only is Jay Jacobs a great AD, he's a great man," Myers said. "He cares about everybody, and he lives a life just like he says. I think he's a role model for what young men today should aspire to be."

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/030317aaf.html

So....to infer your reasoning from this^^^^^

Because JJ hired a guy that had the same goals for the softball team as he had, and that guys son made a bad decision, JJ is a hypocrite?  Wow what a unfathomable leap in reasoning

I'm wondering with all that seemed to be the time line from the time of Corey Meyer's leave of absence in the fall to March 20, 2017 when he suddenly resigned, that his Dad did NOT know the whole story, and his son back in the fall lied to his father. It was not until spring that more evidence showed up and Clint had no choice but to ask him to resign.

They thought all that reviewed the situation (JJ,  compliance staff, Jenkins..etc) that it had been taken care of....UNTIL the explayer filed the lawsuit, ESPN got to checking...and now the AD and others decided it was best to tell Coach Meyers it was best to eliminate all family related to the situation as it was boiling over...Just a thought...

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Anybody thinking this should or will just blow over is out of their mind.....

An internal investigation proved impotent. Auburn should hire an external investigator to determine what Jay Jacobs, Meredith Jenkins, and others in the administration knew and when they knew it. If the allegations being reported are true, all involved have forfeited their right to be called Auburn men and women. They should all be fired for cause and denied any severance. As Jay Jacobs once said, “you ain’t getting a dime, brother,” if these allegations are true.

But in the meantime, Auburn fans need to do four things: (1) demand that the University take these allegations seriously; (2) do not engage in blind denial and cheerleading merely because Auburn has been wrongly accused in the past; (3) wait to let the facts develop; and (4) demand that Auburn hold all involved responsible for wrongdoing.

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2017/8/26/16209772/auburn-softball-scandal-some-initial-thoughts

You claim this based on an opinion article from inside the town of Auburn?  Another enourmous leap in reasoning. 

Was there wrong done? Yes. 

Have the people in the wrong that we know for sure been let go?  Yes. 

Are you trying to use this to take down someone you don't like with ZERO proof of his wrongdoing?  Absolutely. 

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

So....to infer your reasoning from this^^^^^

Because JJ hired a guy that had the same goals for the softball team as he had, and that guys son made a bad decision, JJ is a hypocrite?  Wow what a unfathomable leap in reasoning

You should be used to that here by now.  Anything the "anti-Jacobs" crowd can whine about and even remotely blame on Jacobs they will.   Now, remember it doesn't have to be grounded in any reality or facts.   This may be true (maybe not) when all is said and done, but the anti-Jacobs crowd doesn't care about waiting for the entire story to come out.  They stand with a torch in hand waiting with anticipation for anything negative to break in the athletic department waiting to light the fire.   It's just what they do.

Just now, WarTiger said:

You should be used to that here by now.  Anything the "anti-Jacobs" crowd can whine about and even remotely blame on Jacobs they will.   Now, remember it doesn't have to be grounded in any reality or facts.   This may be true (maybe not) when all is said and done, but the anti-Jacobs crowd doesn't care about waiting for the entire story to come out.  They stand with a torch in hand waiting with anticipation for anything negative to break in the athletic department waiting to light the fire.   It's just what they do.

Oh I'm well aware. I just feel compelled to point out the lack in sound logic. If something comes out that is bad for JJ, then we should have this discussion.  I could just assume if I didn't like the Pres that he knew as well and needs to fired. And maybe Gus helped cover it up too?  He's surely gotta go ;D 

54 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Oh I'm well aware. I just feel compelled to point out the lack in sound logic. If something comes out that is bad for JJ, then we should have this discussion.  I could just assume if I didn't like the Pres that he knew as well and needs to fired. And maybe Gus helped cover it up too?  He's surely gotta go ;D 

And don't forget Pat Dye. His hands are in EVERYTHING, right? :homer:

Archived