AU President Leath

Proud Tiger

Not political per se. but positive for a change. New AU Pres. Dr. Steven Leath went to his box for his first AU home game. He didn't want to stay there and wanted to go to the student section. So off he wnet and say with the students. They loved it. He is off to a good start. Next thing you know he may be tweeting (LOL).

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's pretty cool of him.

I thought so. I have sat in the President's Suite several times. It is nice, food and all. But it is not like being out in the crowd. Only time I would care to be there anymore is in rainy or very cold weather.

38 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I thought so. I have sat in the President's Suite several times. It is nice, food and all. But it is not like being out in the crowd. Only time I would care to be there anymore is in rainy or very cold weather.

Not me, I had much rather sit in the Presidents Suite, or even one of the others,  versus out in the elements and among the commoners ^-^ .  pretty neat of Dr. Leath. Did he get frisked and searched for booze?

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not me, I had much rather sit in the Presidents Suite, or even one of the others,  versus out in the elements and among the commoners ^-^ .  pretty neat of Dr. Leath. Did he get frisked and searched for booze?

Dr. Leath searched? I doubt it. My wife wasn't. Bad girl.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I've always thought the best seats to have would be those orange ones next to the press box.  You get actual seats, but you're still outside experiencing all of the game.  Now, if our suites had outdoor seating, then give me a suite baby.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've always thought the best seats to have would be those orange ones next to the press box.  You get actual seats, but you're still outside experiencing all of the game.  Now, if our suites had outdoor seating, then give me a suite baby.

It's a long story I won't go into but I was given first choice of any seat in the West Upper Deck while it was still under construction. I've had those same seats since it opened in 1980. Saturday night a friend and major donor asked us to sit with him in his seats at the top of the lower level seats almost directly under my seats in the upper deck. We sat with him for the first half. It was stuffy, no breeze, and couldn't see much of the jumbotron. So we went up to our seats at half. Wouldn't swap at all except if it was raining.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's a long story I won't go into but I was given first choice of any seat in the West Upper Deck while it was still under construction. I've had those same seats since it opened in 1980. Saturday night a friend and major donor asked us to sit with him in his seats at the top of the lower level seats almost directly under my seats in the upper deck. We sat with him for the first half. It was stuffy, no breeze, and couldn't see much of the jumbotron. So we went up to our seats at half. Wouldn't swap at all except if it was raining.

Gotcha.  Cool that you've had the same seats that long.  I'm sure you've made a ton of friends around you from being the same season ticket holders year-after-year.

I actually love sitting in the end zone about 40 rows up when I'm able to come into town.  I can see plays develop and blocking schemes better that way.  I do have great seats in the AU section for the road games at LSU and A&M this year (lower level for both).  Got lucky as my parents have some big money friends who offered to snag a few extra tickets for us during the order period in the spring.  No idea where my Mizzou seats are, but in the AU section for that too.

My wife and I were invited to the Presidents box twice many years ago due to a friend from Opelika.  Always left with a nice bag of Auburn stuff!

Sitting in a box is good when the weather or temperature are not great, but you miss out on the atmosphere of the crowd. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gotcha.  Cool that you've had the same seats that long.  I'm sure you've made a ton of friends around you from being the same season ticket holders year-after-year.

I actually love sitting in the end zone about 40 rows up when I'm able to come into town.  I can see plays develop and blocking schemes better that way.  I do have great seats in the AU section for the road games at LSU and A&M this year (lower level for both).  Got lucky as my parents have some big money friends who offered to snag a few extra tickets for us during the order period in the spring.  No idea where my Mizzou seats are, but in the AU section for that too.

I have tickets to A&M in Auburn section too but can't go now due to having to do cataract surgery. Bummer because we had planned a good roadtrip to San Antonio, etc., before the game.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have tickets to A&M in Auburn section too but can't go now due to having to do cataract surgery. Bummer because we had planned a good roadtrip to San Antonio, etc., before the game.

Bummer about the surgery.  Hope that it goes well for you.  I live about 90 minutes from A&M, so I go every time.  

If you still have your tickets and want them to go to AU folks, Bird may be looking for some.  He lives in Texas and asked me to keep an eye out for any extras.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bummer about the surgery.  Hope that it goes well for you.  I live about 90 minutes from A&M, so I go every time.  

If you still have your tickets and want them to go to AU folks, Bird may be looking for some.  He lives in Texas and asked me to keep an eye out for any extras.

I still have them. If you want them (face value) send me a PM with phone # and I will call you. I was going to put them on StubHub. and probably get more. The tickets are in Sec. 131, row 21 with other good Auburn friends.

7 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Do we have minor donors PT? Orange seats are nice but the food is awful.......free cup and program though. BTW,  Marlene Gouge had the Pres. Suite remodeled around 2013. did not like the granite counter tops, a small leak, kitchen floor, private toilet partitions, etc...only 300k

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do we have minor donors PT? Orange seats are nice but the food is awful.......free cup and program though. BTW,  Marlene Gouge had the Pres. Suite remodeled around 2013. did not like the granite counter tops, a small leak, kitchen floor, private toilet partitions, etc...only 300k

By major donors I mean like the Talon Society or above. I agree about the food.

46 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I still have them. If you want them (face value) send me a PM with phone # and I will call you. I was going to put them on StubHub. and probably get more. The tickets are in Sec. 131, row 21 with other good Auburn friends.

Thanks Proud.  I pinged Bird in the PMs, so you may hear from him.  I have my tickets, but know he was looking for some.

14 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

By major donors I mean like the Talon Society or above. I agree about the food.

Seems that back in the day the stadium hot dogs where great .............or maybe I wasn't as picky about what I ate then.

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Seems that back in the day the stadium hot dogs where great .............or maybe I wasn't as picky about what I ate then.

The current ones are OK but $4 each. Everything is ridiculously high. Guess that's what happens when the price of tickets are getting out of sight. Bama ticket face value $130 is just unreal. I'm seriously thinking of giving up my season tickets next year.

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The current ones are OK but $4 each. Everything is ridiculously high. Guess that's what happens when the price of tickets are getting out of sight. Bama ticket face value $130 is just unreal. I'm seriously thinking of giving up my season tickets next year.

Ridiculous. I gave them up a few years back when my boys started student tickets. Got to where I was giving more away than using. Mrs. Salty had been buying for years and I had no clue what we where paying until she asked me about renewal. Couldn't believe the cost she told me then. The old beer and fried chicken tail gate crowd at Auburn has been about priced out of business I suppose. 

'College' Football Has Almost Nothing to Do With College at All

On paper, a team is just a million-dollar, tax-exempt enterprise whose players happen to be in school.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/billion-dollar-ball-college-football-business/406249/

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Ridiculous. I gave them up a few years back when my boys started student tickets. Got to where I was giving more away than using. Mrs. Salty had been buying for years and I had no clue what we where paying until she asked me about renewal. Couldn't believe the cost she told me then. The old beer and fried chicken tail gate crowd at Auburn has been about priced out of business I suppose. 

Tailgating is a whole new ball game. People still do the old way but many have to park and carry their stuff to their site since much of the campus is closed to traffic. But the major change is the coming of commercial provided tailgates. They have white tents all over theplace and provide everything you need.....for a neat little price. They can bring everything including furniture, foof, TVs, etc. I have heard prices up to $5000 /game. Of course some companies are doing it as a tax right off. Game day at Auburn has changed a whole lot in the last few years,

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Tailgating is a whole new ball game. People still do the old way but many have to park and carry their stuff to their site since much of the campus is closed to traffic. But the major change is the coming of commercial provided tailgates. They have white tents all over theplace and provide everything you need.....for a neat little price. They can bring everything including furniture, foof, TVs, etc. I have heard prices up to $5000 /game. Of course some companies are doing it as a tax right off. Game day at Auburn has changed a whole lot in the last few years,

Yep, Tailgate Guys have it looking like a wine and cheese party at a refuge camp.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, Tailgate Guys have it looking like a wine and cheese party at a refuge camp.

It seems that the game itself and tradition has become almost secondary to the university making a ton of money.

Archived