Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

7 hours ago, DAG said:

I would love to have Derek mason 

You know, I have to agree. Vandy has shown they make the right hires for coaches for their programs. James Franklin is a shining example. Derek Mason has slowly built some momentum at a school who's consistently the laughing stock of the conference. He also seems to be a coach with a straight head on his shoulders. He makes Gus look like a pre schooler.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who doesn't want Mullen needs to be watching MSU beating LSU down.  A bunch of 3* athletes beating the pants off 4* and 5* athletes on the other side of the field because they are much better coached.  

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Listen I KNOW Petrino is a much better coach than gus BUT I WILL NEVER GET OUR FASCINATION WITH HIM AND ONLY HIM!!! It is like that is the only good football head coach our fans set their sights on! lol

Definitely not a fascination here. I didn't necessarily want him when his name was floated around in 2012. I am just watching the Louisville and was wondering why a lot of people do not want him at all? Just curious. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Definitely not a fascination here. I didn't necessarily want him when his name was floated around in 2012. I am just watching the Louisville and was wondering why a lot of people do not want him at all? Just curious. 

THE ONLY reason Auburn fans do not want him is because Auburn has this weird fascination thinking hiring a football coach means we should value the same qualities a church looks for when searching for a new pastor! lol

12 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Well, based on the way Mullen has dominated LSU tonight, I may have to give him a closer look.:dunno:

wde

Or maybe we consider what LSU firing Les has done to their program. The grass isnt always greener. 

Just think what Mullen did with his last qb who has been tearing up the NFL. Let's not get that guy because he's beating Ed O

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Or maybe we consider what LSU firing Les has done to their program. The grass isnt always greener. 

Just think what Mullen did with his last qb who has been tearing up the NFL. Let's not get that guy because he's beating Ed O

So you want to keep Gus now just because the grass is not always greener?  I am not saying Mullen would be the answer for AU either.  As a matter of fact, I said that I have not been impressed by Mullen at all. He won with Dak and thus far, that has been it.  Until possibly now.  

wde

18 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Les Miles was in steady decline for 3-4 years prior to his dismissal.  He was finished, hence a change had to be made.  Even if Orgeron sucks, who cares? Miles wasn't going to fix anything.  The life-span of an SEC HC is ~10 years.  Once they fall, there isn't any getting back up.  Les Milers lost to US last year for god's sake...let that sink in.

Just now, metafour said:

Les Miles was in steady decline for 3-4 years prior to his dismissal.  He was finished, hence a change had to be made.  Even if Orgeron sucks, who cares? Miles wasn't going to fix anything.  The SEC life-span of a HC is ~10 years.  Once they fall, there isn't any getting back up.  Les Milers lost to US last year for god's sake...let that sink in.

I'd venture to say we have been in steady decline as well. 

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

Les Miles was in steady decline for 3-4 years prior to his dismissal.  He was finished, hence a change had to be made.  Even if Orgeron sucks, who cares? Miles wasn't going to fix anything.  The life-span of an SEC HC is ~10 years.  Once they fall, there isn't any getting back up.  Les Milers lost to US last year for god's sake...let that sink in.

This.

wde

Everyone that can competently manage and coach a team is on the table. Kiffin...Gruden....I don't care who else. I am fatigued by the current coach. Hell, bring back Tuberville. I didn't want him fired in the first place. At least he never seemed unsure about what fall camp was for. 

You choose a coach who can win football games.  Period.  Can't be all things to all people. 

I would choose Petrino. Get over it.  

43 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

So you want to keep Gus now just because the grass is not always greener?  I am not saying Mullen would be the answer for AU either.  As a matter of fact, I said that I have not been impressed by Mullen at all. He won with Dak and thus far, that has been it.  Until possibly now.  

wde

Never said keep him. I said earlier if he didn't win TEN games, he should probably be fired. However, if there isnt a better coach available, you could end up with Ed O

lets see a trend here....Gene sucks, hire Gus..........

Gus sucks, hire Steele?

concerning trend of fans get their way. Luckily fans usually don't 

Never said keep him. I said earlier if he didn't win TEN games, he should probably be fired. However, if there isnt a better coach available, you could end up with Ed O

lets see a trend here....Gene sucks, hire Gus..........

Gus sucks, hire Steele?

concerning trend of fans get their way. Luckily fans usually don't 

Hiring Steele as HC would be the Jay Jacobs' SOP like Chizik and Gus before him.  Which is why Jay Jacobs should be fired before Gus. 

wde

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

You choose a coach who can win football games.  Period.  Can't be all things to all people. 

Meh, gimme someone who can actually win a big one. Laying an egg right now at home in Louisville AND he has a Heisman qb...

11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Hes currently losing by 26 at home to a team Gus lost by 8 to on the road 

Seems logical

This is when it becomes very clear why fans don't run athletic departments. 

(No offense)

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Hiring Steele as HC would be the Jay Jacobs' SOP like Chizik and Gus before him.  Which is why Jay Jacobs should be fired before Gus. 

wde

Hiring Steele is what a large portion of the people on this board want so...

Hiring Steele is what a large portion of the people on this board want so...

There are a several that I have seen, but LOL, not a large portion.  Certainly not me.  Steele should not even be considered to be the permanent HC at AU.

wde

38 minutes ago, metafour said:

Are you claiming it was the right move to replace Les with Coach O?

Odd folks can give LSU a pass for such a horrendous hire because "Les was done". Was Chizik "done" also?  Clearly Gus was a better hire than Ed O, no?

Archived