Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would Mullen leave Miss state for us? seriously. he is on top of the world there and though not a lateral move it's pretty damn close to lateral.

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

why would Mullen leave Miss state for us? seriously. he is on top of the world there and though not a lateral move it's pretty damn close to lateral.

What can he win at MS St.?   The egg bowl is about it and a new years day bowl once and a while.   If he wants to win a championship of any kind it will not be there. 

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Good pick, but not sure he would come. Too much Bama in him, "that ole Bama Boy". :-\

Plus, he is holding out for the Bama job once Saban is gone ...

Dear sweet Jesus please make Clemson pay whatever it takes to keep him.

23 minutes ago, casatiger said:

What can he win at MS St.?   The egg bowl is about it and a new years day bowl once and a while.   If he wants to win a championship of any kind it will not be there. 

why? Dabo wins plenty and their recruiting isn't any better than Miss State. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Clemson has a lot more tradition than Mississippi St.   Not an apples to apples comparison in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Per Rivals, Clemson's lowest ranking over the last five years is higher than all but one of MSU's.

CLEMSON

Ranks last five years: 22, 6, 4, 13, 14 -- 11.8 average

MISSISSIPPI STATE

Ranks last 5 years: 27, 25, 16, 38, 25 -- 26.2

I don't  think anyone wants Steele as HC.  I said he could be interim and have a free trial.  

Venebals  has the experience having played under Snyder, been a coord under stoops and helped build a program under Sweeney.  I prefer a lot of experience vs a 'hot name'.   He's my number 1 choice. 

And if you Gus has us going in the direction, check the police blotter from last night

Since AU isn't likely to recruit boatloads of 4 & 5-star players year after year (like some schools we know,) I would want a HC who has demonstrated that he can get the most out of his players -- one who can take a perennial losing team and can come in right away to coach 'em up & get them to win.  Easier said than done, right?  Agreed, but here's someone AU should take a real hard look at:  Keep an eye on him this season   

Right now Mike Norvell, Mullen and the Stoops at Kentucky would be a few I'm going to watch closer and see how the rest of their seasons go.

1 hour ago, AUloggerhead said:

Since AU isn't likely to recruit boatloads of 4 & 5-star players year after year (like some schools we know,) I would want a HC who has demonstrated that he can get the most out of his players -- one who can take a perennial losing team and can come in right away to coach 'em up & get them to win.  Easier said than done, right?  Agreed, but here's someone AU should take a real hard look at:  Keep an eye on him this season   

We recruit boatloads of 4 star players every year.  With the exception of Alabama, we have recruited as well or better than all of our rivals. I agree with you on Jeff Brohm as being an interesting possibility as our HC going into 2018.

wde

16 hours ago, shabby said:

Just delete your username 

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just delete your username 

dude is it necessary to be a dick? your life must suck. I was wrong about Clemson and their recruiting. none the less I don't think there is any chance Mullen would ever leave Miss Stare for Auburn. 

59 minutes ago, shabby said:

dude is it necessary to be a dick? your life must suck. I was wrong about Clemson and their recruiting. none the less I don't think there is any chance Mullen would ever leave Miss Stare for Auburn. 

to be honest, i agree with you....mullen has it made with a lot less pressure....ole miss is going to be a non-factor for years....he makes like a gazillion dollars for attaining mediocrity.     he would be a fool to leave and come to AU.....

Archived