Wonder What Borges Thinks?

BigWhiskey91

Coming into the season I thought one of the best hires and possible most underrated hire Malzahn made was picking up Al Borges as an offensive analyst. His collective experience alone exceeds our current offensive staff so having that knowledge especially with his passing concepts was going to be huge. 

It seems that his role as an analyst must be pretty relaxed or his input maybe isn't being acknowledged or perhaps I am hoping for too much from that role. But you have to wonder what his thoughts on the last two weeks performances has been...

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Borges is my man crush this season. After watching last night, it's clear his input isn't being listened too, at all.

Gus won't listen to anybody.  He is the all knowing offensive genius.  I'm just glad he is an offensive genius or we may have had negative total yards last night. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Gus won't listen to anybody.  He is the all knowing offensive genius.  I'm just glad he is an offensive genius or we may have had negative total yards last night. 

To be honest, Gus and to a greater extent his man buddy Herb Hand deserved what Kiffen got with the Raiders. They both deserved to be fired immediately after the game. And should of found had to find their own way home. Gus, Herb, and Kodi have stolen enough money from my beloved Auburn. 

Gus has lost his genius status. OLs under hand give up record breaking sack numbers, and Kodi is in over his head.

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I got called out for calling him an O genius autistic, Waffle House savant who needed to earn his pay.  I need to apologize to those who are truly autistic (although Gus may need to be evaluated).  

wde

I am guessing he is wondering how the hell someone can run the same offense and not evolve it to correct all the deficiencies that defensive coordinators have figured out.  Actually the common fan as well.  Pretty sure my dog knows where the ball is going on each play too.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I am guessing he is wondering how the hell someone can run the same offense and not evolve it to correct all the deficiencies that defensive coordinators have figured out.  Actually the common fan as well.  Pretty sure my dog knows where the ball is going on each play too.

Up the guards butt, right?

Think he's thinking we need to break Malik Willis in next week as a plan B (maybe a plan A) if we want to try to get ready to run THIS offense against the better teams later...

I think Stidham is a bit rusty, slow / hesitant making decisions and rattled / not comfortable yet... and had NOT faced a D like last night (or SEC D's yet).. Not all Stidhams fault either Oline... Wr... but most of all as mentioned by anyone watching the game except for Gus the poor O game plan and lack of quick intermediate passes... lack of adjustments at all. 

Will Stidham  get better? maybe... he may end up being incredible before the end of the year, as the O line /Tega / WRs could end up being very good too...

or they just may not develop like we hope...

The thing I'm finally completely over it about is that Gus NEVER has a viable plan B... and NEVER seems to make or be able to make adjustments to the game plan... EVEN at half time.

19 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Think he's thinking we need to break Malik Willis in next week as a plan B (maybe a plan A) if we want to try to get ready to run THIS offense against the better teams later...

I think Stidham is a bit rusty, slow / hesitant making decisions and rattled / not comfortable yet... and had NOT faced a D like last night (or SEC D's yet).. Not all Stidhams fault either Oline... Wr... but most of all as mentioned by anyone watching the game except for Gus the poor O game plan and lack of quick intermediate passes... lack of adjustments at all. 

Will Stidham  get better? maybe... he may end up being incredible before the end of the year, as the O line /Tega / WRs could end up being very good too...

or they just may not develop like we hope...

The thing I'm finally completely over it about is that Gus NEVER has a viable plan B... and NEVER seems to make or be able to make adjustments to the game plan... EVEN at half time.

Gus doesn't believe he needs a contingency plan, his original plan is the best.  It is amazing how well his scripted first series goes (even last night) and the rest of the game is garbage.  He suspends his backup QB and doesn't have a viable option in case his starting QB struggles (shades of UGA last year).  We needed to break in Malik Willis as soon as SW was suspended, but wait, we can't burn his red shirt.  The PLAN was to red shirt Willis and we can't go against the plan.

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I got called out for calling him an O genius autistic, Waffle House savant who needed to earn his pay.  I need to apologize to those who are truly autistic (although Gus may need to be evaluated).  

wde

I thought it was a classless statement at the time, but we were all frustrated (and some of us drinking) adding to the negative commentary. Props to you for the apology. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I thought it was a classless statement at the time, but we were all frustrated (and some of us drinking) adding to the negative commentary. Props to you for the apology. 

I agree how it could have been seen as an insult to those who are autistic by comparing them to Gus.

wde

5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I take great offense to your comment about autistic people. My youngest grandson is autistic. We"re all upset with the job Gus and company turned in last night but from now on you better think before you post

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I take great offense to your comment about autistic people. My youngest grandson is autistic. We"re all upset with the job Gus and company turned in last night but from now on you better think before you post

He apologized for it guy. Jeez.

Watch Stidham's Baylor tape. Guessing his average time before release is about 2 seconds. This is a scheme problem, not a QB or O-line problem. 

Archived