Upon Further Review - Missouri Game

StatTiger

It seems like the biggest areas of growth for Auburn are as follows:

1) Better Run blocking

2) Better Run Blocking

and

3) Better Run blocking

• Like 4

In other words...don't let the victory over Mizzou get to your heads...nice win...but we have much work to do...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, shabby said:

1) Better Run blocking

2) Better Run Blocking

and

3) Better Run blocking

While that's very true, I still think we can do a better job calling run plays. Healthier #1 & #1A running backs wouldn't hurt either. I like what their doing with Stove, but incorporate guys like KMart and Barrett into those perimeter plays, too. Those two would be good for outside zone and buck sweeps.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, shabby said:

1) Better Run blocking

2) Better Run Blocking

and

3) Better Run blocking

Yep

I like big, comfortable wins where there are still *plenty* of teachable moments on film afterwards to drill into the kids.

The 1st string D should be upset they got lax and let in a TD against this team. We need them to keep that fire.

Offense - yeah - the scoreboard looks nice, but it really is all about that OLine dominance we're still not seeing (though closer this week than previous weeks).

20 hours ago, StatTiger said:
  • From 1992-2017, Auburn averaged eleven impact plays (15 or more yards) during games the Tigers scored at least 45 points. Auburn had only six such plays against Missouri, while totaling 51 points. During the same time period, Auburn has won 82 percent of their games with at least 8 impact plays and 89 percent of their games with at least three plays of 30-yards or more. Big plays (30 or more yards) are great but do not occur as frequently as impact plays. There is normally two impact plays for each big play tallied.   

I think we can attribute a good bit of the margin of victory in the Missouri game to the turnovers. They gave us a short field to work with and, thus, less impact plays were needed to score.

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I think we can attribute a good bit of the margin of victory in the Missouri game to the turnovers. They gave us a short field to work with and, thus, less impact plays were needed to score.

Auburn’s ratio was 10.7 before the Missouri game so it was already an issue. It has been an issue after the 2014 season.

• Like 1

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic
7 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I think we  can attribute a good bit of the margin of victory in the Missouri game to the fact that Missouri flat out sucks and is the worst team in the conference.

Edited by ToomersStreet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From 1992-2017, Auburn averaged eleven impact plays (15 or more yards) during games the Tigers scored at least 45 points. Auburn had only six such plays against Missouri, while totaling 51 points

This concerns me.  We could only manufacture 6 impact plays against one of the worst D's in the conference?   Gus usually gets tight and conservative against tougher competition.   This trend of his needs to change this season....

Thanks StatTiger!

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1