Bama v Texas A&M

FoundationEagle

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mine is thinking AU or TAMU as well

Mine is considering AU as well, but I'd be fine with her going to TAMU......that way we don't have to pay out of state tuition and she is closer to home.

I told her I would never wear that maroon though.

Makes me sick when offenses give up on 3rd down and run the ball just ti he safe. That makes my blood boil

12 minutes ago, around4ever said:

You're joking right?  

No, I’m not.  Have you not watched this guy?  Right now he has 106 yds passing for the entire game.  He only threw 96 yds against Fla St and 78 yds against vandy.  Not to mention he threw a whopping total of 128 yds against Fresno...Fresno.

5 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

No, I’m not.  Have you not watched this guy?  Right now he has 106 yds passing for the entire game.  He only threw 96 yds against Fla St and 78 yds against vandy.  Not to mention he threw a whopping total of 128 yds against Fresno...Fresno.

Passing yards don't tell the story.  Why throw when you are blowing out your opponent?  He didn't play the entire game either.  He sure did rack up the awards last year, as a freshman, for a terrible QB.  He is a very mobile and elusive runner.  He is also a team leader.  I would take him or one like him.  

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Passing yards don't tell the story.  Why throw when you are blowing out your opponent?  He didn't play the entire game either.  He sure did rack up the awards last year, as a freshman, for a terrible QB.  He is a very mobile and elusive runner.  He is also a team leader.  I would take him or one like him.  

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.  I’m not impressed.  Alabama wins with defense anyway

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Even if he doesn't make it as a QB in the NFL, I bet they'd want him for his athleticism and use him in some capacity. Like a Randall Cobb.

Alabama as a team is not that great. Talent wise they are so far ahead of pretty much everyone that it's not funny, but as an entire functioning body, they aren't there yet. Kiffin was some kind of quarterback whisperer. We can hang with them. 

Bama is not playing their best passer.

18 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Refs unreal in the tank for the turds already. 

Ridiculously clear batted ball on a fumble not called. Clearly seen by atleast 2 refs. Intentional non call

Some of the most blatant holding I've ever witnessed, not called yet 

Extremely blatant block in the back on a bama punt return right in front of the ball carrier, of course...you guessed it...no call 

Wonder how much all that costs?

It doesn't cost them anything. The head of officials graduated from Al and this has been going on for a long time 

17 hours ago, TNtiger55 said:

Do anyone see the choke hold by 75 on the 3rd down before the blocked punt???

Saw that. It was in the end zone also. No way a ref is gonna call holding on bama in the end zone. They'd fall up a flight of stairs

On 10/7/2017 at 11:03 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Bama is not playing their best passer.

Nope...playing their best QB though.   As noted, he finds a way to get it done....shook off a pretty good TAMU pass rush several times and burned them with big runs around the ends.   That's been an AU problem in the past but not as much this year....DE's gotta contain.....and guys like Hurts make teams pay when they just bull rush toward him.

You just cannot afford mistakes against bama.  Its been that way most of Saban's tenure but maybe more so this year.  They are not as great defensively but still very good and you just can't overcome critical turnovers or bad punts or missed assignments.  It will take someone playing and coaching a near perfect game to get them...but I think it can be done.  There is honestly only one game left on their schedule that should scare them though and its a little trip to JHS in November. 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nope...playing their best QB though.   As noted, he finds a way to get it done....shook off a pretty good TAMU pass rush several times and burned them with big runs around the ends.   That's been an AU problem in the past but not as much this year....DE's gotta contain.....and guys like Hurts make teams pay when they just bull rush toward him.

Tua will end up being a better QB. Jalen is a great runner but leaves a lot to be desired in the passing game still. His running ability has never been in question. Not like it matters. If saban can win a lot of games with coker and blake simms back there he can win with anyone.

I haven't seen Tua in real game time action to be able to determine what kind of QB he will be.  Has he gotten any meaningful PT ?  

Just now, keesler said:

I haven't seen Tua in real game time action to be able to determine what kind of QB he will be.  Has he gotten any meaningful PT ?  

meaningful? no. but he got a lot of time in the vandy and ole miss games in mop up duty.

Aggies look like much more of a challenge now their QB  Mond is getting settled down.  Would not surprise me to see TAMU favored.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Against Auburn?

Yes....looked pretty good against bama....just let a few running plays get away from them on defense.

Archived