Clemson vs Syracuse

gr82b4au

Awful punt and Cal with another chance.....but way past my bedtime....Will have to read about this in the morning.....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

College football. Never look past the NEXT game.....

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

College football. Never look past the NEXT game.....

And don't dwell on the last one.....

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

You are starting to look a tad prescient on that WSU comment sir.  

Turnovers.  It matters not how good you are, or how bad the other team is, you will have a bad night if you give the other team gifts.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Welp, we lost to Clemson, who lost to Syracuse, who lost to LSU, who lost to Troy, who lost to South Alabama. :sad2:

Wait...Troy lost to south Alabama!!!

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Welp, we lost to Clemson, who lost to Syracuse, who lost to LSU, who lost to Troy, who lost to South Alabama. :sad2:

But we beat Mississippi St., who beat LSU, who beat Syracuse, who beat #2 Clemson

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Listening to commentary on last weeks game and his week of practice makes me wonder why he was out there to start the game....JMO but a bad coaching decision.

Concussion?   

Am I reading this correctly, starting an obviously injured/hurt player that is a detriment to the team is a bad coaching decision? :poke:  

Should they hold him out until he is healed?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Am I reading this correctly, starting an obviously injured/hurt player that is a detriment to the team is a bad coaching decision? :poke:  

Should they hold him out until he is healed?

Could be....did you watch the game?   This guy was the QB...a running QB.....everything revolves around him in Dabo's offense.   

Could be that Dabo, like Gus, had no Plan B for when his star QB was hurt.....but in Bryant's case, the bad ankle made him slow and unable to run naturally....and ineffective.... which got him body slammed by a Syracuse defender and more severely injured.

Just now, AU64 said:

Could be....did you watch the game?   This guy was the QB...a running QB.....everything revolves around him in Dabo's offense.   

Could be that Dabo, like Gus, had no Plan B for when his star QB was hurt.....but in Bryant's case, the bad ankle made him slow and unable to run naturally....and ineffective.... which got him body slammed by a Syracuse defender and more severely injured.

This situation was very much like Gus playing SW in the 2015 UGA game.  SW was so gimpy he wasn’t mobile enough to get out of the way.  SW didn’t play in another game until the bowl that year and wasn’t 100% then.  This started my questioning of Gus playing ineffective players due to injury.

The issue isn’t playing them as much as monitoring their play to see how effective they are when the’re in.  From the first play SW played in the UGA game in 2015, you knew he shouldn’t be in there, but Gus kept him in for 3 series and he fumbled on his last series.

Playing SW in the 2016 UGA game was a little different as he was effective in the first half, but in the second half no one seemed to be monitoring his effectiveness and you know the results.

Fast forward to KP this year and there is a trend, not just limited to Gus’ QB problems.  I know the coach has to weigh the pros and cons of how effective the player is as opposed to his backup as we don’t know how the backup has been developed, but sometimes you have to look at further injury not related to the original injury as we saw last night with Bryant.

Good luck to the kid.

I shouldn't like him for many reasons: he's a bammer, he has beaten us regularly at Clemson and I still remember his post game speech a few years back. 

As hard as I try to not like and respect him, it is hard not to like him. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/after-being-humbled-by-syracuse-dabo-swinney-entered-their-postgame-locker-room/

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This situation was very much like Gus playing SW in the 2015 UGA game.  SW was so gimpy he wasn’t mobile enough to get out of the way.  SW didn’t play in another game until the bowl that year and wasn’t 100% then.

Good point...I mentioned SW initially but the comment got too long ....but I agree with you.  Gus had no capable back up as we saw and concluded that a gimpy SW was still his best option.   I griped about that because I felt that his injury made him susceptible to further injury. .  

JMO but Clemson should have been able to beat Syracuse with me as their QB ......but when the D allowed those quick TDs Dabo knew he was in for a battle and stuck with KB until he was knocked out of the game for good. In this case, Dabo probably felt that a gimpy KB was his best option so went with him which did not end well for his team.  .

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I shouldn't like him for many reasons: he's a bammer, he has beaten us regularly at Clemson and I still remember his post game speech a few years back. 

As hard as I try to not like and respect him, it is hard not to like him. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/after-being-humbled-by-syracuse-dabo-swinney-entered-their-postgame-locker-room/

i read that ...it’s pretty easy to be humble in defeat...but i do find this act pretty noble and classy. 

Archived