Clemson vs Syracuse

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

So, I normally would pull against the fighting Dabo's but on the off chance we squeeze our way back into the playoff race later don't we really need Clemson to keep winning? 

And quite frankly Clemson will probably get a mulligan if they lose this game

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

And quite frankly Clemson will probably get a mulligan if they lose this game

Yeah and they just scored so this could get crazy before its over with. 

Clemson loss won’t hurt AU because nobody will doubt that Clemson is still better team than Cuse.. Just another ranked team ahead of us that will go down in the rankings. Agree with everybody, win out and we are in. Still possible with one more loss — if it’s to the right team

Clemson losing and the Astros just went up by two over they Yankees.....my night is going well...:)

listened to discussion on Sirius today....question:  which undefeated team goes down to defeat this weekend?

Answer.....nobody mentioned Clemson.....though this game is a long way from over and generally one can count on a team like 'cuse to make a disastrous mistake at the time it hurts the most.

But....anyone have some thoughts on that .....maybe WSU later on?

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

listened to discussion on Sirius today....question:  which undefeated team goes down to defeat this weekend?

Answer.....nobody mentioned Clemson.....though this game is a long way from over and generally one can count on a team like 'cuse to make a disastrous mistake at the time it hurts the most.

Wouldn’t put money on it but... Maybe inconsistent TCU on the road against a defensive team in KState. That’s the exact recipe for an upset even though I think the talent gap is pretty substantial

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if GT gets Miami this weekend.  Don't see WSU losing tonight but you know Pac-12 after dark can be crazy. 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Wouldn't be shocked if GT gets Miami this weekend.  Don't see WSU losing tonight but you know Pac-12 after dark can be crazy. 

Miami is not a great team.  I think you're dead on right here, Canes have at least five starters out for this game...Georgia Tech should be undefeated.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Washington and Wazzou have been playing good football (Washington especially).  Arizona State has been known to channel their inner Tuberville and beat teams they have no business beating, but I think they would need Washington's help to do it.  Cal's two FBS wins were against North Carolina and Ole Miss (neither of which are worth hanging your hat on).  They did basically nothing against Washington, and I suspect Wazzou jumps on them.

Gary Patterson's good TCU teams tend to only lose to other good teams.

Miami is definitely vulnerable.  If Clemson pulls out the win, I think Miami is the most likely to go down.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

Washington and Wazzou have been playing good football (Washington especially).  Arizona State has been known to channel their inner Tuberville and beat teams they have no business beating, but I think they would need Washington's help to do it.  Cal's two FBS wins were against North Carolina and Ole Miss (neither of which are worth hanging your hat on).  They did basically nothing against Washington, and I suspect Wazzou jumps on them.

Gary Patterson's good TCU teams tend to only lose to other good teams.

Miami is definitely vulnerable.  If Clemson pulls out the win, I think Miami is the most likely to go down.

WSU has never had a defense in past years....just wondering if they are for real.  

Game will be played in  bad conditions because of fires....was a question about whether they would play or not. 

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Miami is not a great team.  I think you're dead on right here, Canes have at least five starters out for this game...Georgia Tech should be undefeated.

Yeah they really should.  They have to feel like crap about that UT game.  If they get that option rolling they are hard to stop. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Miami is not a great team, but they do not have to be, as Georgia Tech is not either.  Mark Richt's record against Georgia Tech leads me to favor his team.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

WSU has never had a defense in past years....just wondering if they are for real.  

Game will be played in  bad conditions because of fires....was a question about whether they would play or not. 

Wow thats kinda scary about the fires.  I'm not sold on their D but for some weird reason I have actually watched Cal on a few occasions this year and I am not impressed.  You never know though. 

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Wow thats kinda scary about the fires.  I'm not sold on their D but for some weird reason I have actually watched Cal on a few occasions this year and I am not impressed.  You never know though. 

Smoke is the issue....some kind of air quality standard...minimum is required by NCAA...it was apparently barely OK earlier in the day.

Meanwhile, Clemson, like most teams is no better than it's QB and without Bryant, they are pretty meek Tigers on offense. .

5 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Miami is not a great team, but they do not have to be, as Georgia Tech is not either.  Mark Richt's record against Georgia Tech leads me to favor his team.

Richt's record against Tech while he was at Georgia (save one)?  You might be right...if he was a defensive coordinator.  Miami's signature win so far against a terrible (no offensive line) Florida State team.

Just now, AU64 said:

Smoke is the issue....some kind of air quality standard...minimum is required by NCAA...it was apparently barely OK earlier in the day.

Meanwhile, Clemson, like most teams is no better than it's QB and without Bryant, they are pretty meek Tigers on offense. .

I'm surprised their D is playing so poorly. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Richt's record against Tech while he was at Georgia (save one)?  You might be right...if he was a defensive coordinator.  Miami's signature win so far against a terrible (no offensive line) Florida State team.

History apparently on the side of Miami...but their QB is suspect....

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wazzou being undefeated in October, with a win over a top 5 team, is a substantial achievement in itself.

Their defense is the best I have ever seen from a Mike Leach team at Texas Tech or Wazzou.  It is hard to say whether it is actually good, but it might just be good enough.  When an Air Raid team gets going, a defense that can provide a few timely stops is all it takes to win the shootout they expect every game to be.  I think their defense might be good enough to keep the game close when their offense struggles.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I'm surprised their D is playing so poorly. 

Seems like they have played most of the game....

Archived