Clemson vs Syracuse

gr82b4au

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

This game shows exactly why the lsu line was 7. At home teams play with passion. 

Has Clemson made more than 2 or 3 first downs since Bryant went out?    Their O has basically ground to a halt and 'cuse just crowding the LOS.

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Well LSU board is taking this as they beat a better team than was thought at the time. Guess it’s one way to look at it

Except there's that South AL beat Troy thing lol

Son of a gun.....that should be the ball game right there.....just run the clock...can't see Clemson driving the field in a couple minutes with 6 at QB.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

^^I love their argument that we haven't beaten anyone. Well, if Mississippi State was no one then what does that make them?

:)  The battle of comparative scores will drive you crazy.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

:)  The battle of comparative scores will drive you crazy.

Yeah Georgia is looking even scarier using that metric, as Notre Dame and Michigan State keep looking scary good.

I know their QB was hurt but this is why I don't put Clemson in the same category as bama.  Bama doesn't have games like this unfortunately.  Bama would beat Syracuse by 30. 

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Richt's record against Tech while he was at Georgia (save one)?  You might be right...if he was a defensive coordinator.  Miami's signature win so far against a terrible (no offensive line) Florida State team.

That would be a relevant counter, if he was a defensive coordinator at Georgia.  As a head coach, he has an undeniably impressive record against Georgia Tech.  I would say Miami's road wins over a better than normal Duke team and their main rival is more impressive than losing what amounts to a home game against a bad Tennessee team, and home wins against bad Pittsburgh and really bad North Carolina teams.

For the record, I do not think either of them are impressive, but I do think Mark Richt is a better coach.  I expect he fields a team ready to play.

It's all about the QB.....and for most of the first half and all of the second half they did not have what it took. 

And as noted, it's not going to get much better until KB is back to nearly 100% running....because his passing game is no threat.    Kinda reminds me of our QB woes last year.

Just now, Strychnine said:

That would be a relevant counter, if he was a defensive coordinator at Georgia.  As a head coach, he has an undeniably impressive record against Georgia Tech.  I would say Miami's road wins over a better than normal Duke team and their main rival is more impressive than losing what amounts to a home game against a bad Tennessee team, and home wins against bad Pittsburgh and really bad North Carolina teams.

For the record, I do not think either of them are impressive, but I do think Mark Richt is a better coach.  I expect he fields a team ready to play.

I tend to agree with you.. Don’t think either of them are that good but I think the matchup favors Miami. Definitely the possibility of an upset but gimme Miami at home

Archived