Clemson vs Syracuse

gr82b4au

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Now that, my friends, was terrific execution of a fantastic offensive game plan.  

Which one?  Dabo's   ?...you mean the second coming of Saban?  :)

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Now that, my friends, was terrific execution of a fantastic offensive game plan.  

Agree 100%. They had pace and they torched that Clemson  D with passing all over the place. 

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Smoke is the issue....some kind of air quality standard...minimum is required by NCAA...it was apparently barely OK earlier in the day.

Meanwhile, Clemson, like most teams is no better than it's QB and without Bryant, they are pretty meek Tigers on offense. .

Nailed that. Many here will not want to admit as much given the Clemson love, but 99% of the time you are correct. Haters know it, just likely won't admit the truth. Well stated sir. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Which one?  Dabo's   ?...you mean the second coming of Saban?  :)

I wonder if Dabo will show up for the celebration in tuscaloser tomorrow???? He's gonna get laughed at. 

I thought that Clemson defense was close to what Updyke puts on the field.  Especially their front  and LB's.  Their secondary looked lost in the second half, giving up multiple third and longs.

12 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I know their QB was hurt but this is why I don't put Clemson in the same category as bama.  Bama doesn't have games like this unfortunately.  Bama would beat Syracuse by 30. 

Hugh Freeze says hey. 

Just now, bigsixfive said:

Hugh Freeze says hey. 

Those Ole Miss teams were very good and had a lot of NFL talent...even if it was bought and paid for...I don't think Syracuse is comparable. 

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

ccould not happen to a classier coach...i still think they lose again @ NC St

I will defend Dabo this once...if you read his lips after the clock went 0:00, he grabbed Dino Babers and told him "I am so, so happy for you," and then kept saying something else, took about 15 seconds.  No curt good game and perfunctory handshake, but what looked to be heartfelt congratulations. He may win like an goon, but he apparently can lose with some class. 

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I wonder if Dabo will show up for the celebration in tuscaloser tomorrow???? He's gonna get laughed at. 

guess his preliminary job interview wont be quite as expected

Difference between bama and clemson is that Nick never gets caught without a good back up QB.....(or not lately at least)

But Dabo has had the luxury 3 year QBs and guess he though he was set with KB and then the kid from Georgia with the electric arm coming next year.  

I figure they will lose at least one more without a very healthy KB.. 

As for AU...just another contender has been dealt with and we just need to keep on winning....it's in our hands but every game is a play-off game of sorts.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Difference between bama and clemson is that Nick never gets caught without a good back up QB.....(or not lately at least)

A serviceable QB. Say what you will, but I'd like to be the qb with the talent on that O and a D giving you the ball back every four plays. Their recruiting is so far ahead of the next it is not even funny. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But Dabo has had the luxury 3 year QBs and guess he though he was set with KB and then the kid from Georgia with the electric arm coming next year.  

I figure they will lose at least one more without a very healthy KB.. 

As for AU...just another contender has been dealt with and we just need to keep on winning....it's in our hands but every game is a play-off game of sorts.

When the running QB is a staple of your offense, you really have no backup QB unless you have one just like him sitting on the bench.  Same thing would have happened to us if Nick Marshall went down.  Saban will never have all his eggs in one basket like that.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When the running QB is a staple of your offense, you really have no backup QB unless you have one just like him sitting on the bench.  Same thing would have happened to us if Nick Marshall went down.  Saban will never have all his eggs in one basket like that.

Correct

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

Could be...we don't know since I can't recall that he had that problem in recent years.  His QBs have been remarkably injury free. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be...we don't know since I can't recall that he had that problem in recent years.  His QBs have been remarkably injury free. 

My point was more that when the running QB is a staple of your offense, you are always some random injury away (in an injury prone sport) from a really big problem unless you have another QB just like him sitting on the bench (which is exceedingly rare).

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

bammer QBs have the benefit of all the holding that never gets called.....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

listened to discussion on Sirius today....question:  which undefeated team goes down to defeat this weekend?

Answer.....nobody mentioned Clemson.....though this game is a long way from over and generally one can count on a team like 'cuse to make a disastrous mistake at the time it hurts the most.

But....anyone have some thoughts on that .....maybe WSU later on?

You are starting to look a tad prescient on that WSU comment sir.  

Archived