halftime interview with Saban vs Gus last week

AUIH1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The only time I watch is when bammer is playing AU. 

I actually watch a lot of their games .....just enjoy football but sure don't enjoy the pandering announcers who can't quit talking about the tyde even when broadcasting an AU game.

22 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

So, Saban is ruining college football because he is very good at his job?  And because he has figured out how to win more than anyone else?  

The New York Yankees won 20 world titles over a 39 year span, did they ruin baseball??  

The Boston Celtics won 10 titles in an 11 year period, did they ruin basketball????

Why is he ruining football because he wins a lot and does his job well.  Did Bill Gates ruin software? 

And before we hear the "Saban is mean, or Saban is just not a good person" stuff we usually hear let me address that.  (A) I don't particularly like his attitude in media sessions but you can't judge a guy off of that. The media drives everyone crazy and our boy Gus ain't exactly a peach in his. (B) He does a lot of charity work for kids (C) Talk to some of Coach Dye's old players and see how nice of a guy he was out there in practices and especially the famous spring camp where he ran off like half the team when he first got there but was crucial in building a successful program. (D) Apparently, he has a pretty good bed side manner to go into all these top recruits homes and convince them to go to school in "beautiful" Tuscaloosa, AL.  

I don't like the guy but to say he is "ruining" college football is just folly and short-sided.  His run will end soon and college football will live on.  It won't be Saban that kills college football, it will be head injuries and the never ending debate about paying players what they are worth.  

He is ruining it because we are Auburn fans! lol. It affects us more than anyone. Though I absolutely believe he has ruined the competitive balance of the conference BECAUSE he is so dang great at his job. Look at all the good coaches the SEC has lost since he has been on his run. We are a shell of the conference we were even 5 years ago.

Just now, AU64 said:

I actually watch a lot of their games .....just enjoy football but sure don't enjoy the pandering announcers who can't quit talking about the tyde even when broadcasting an AU game.

I used to have 2 teams I was invested in each weekend. Auburn of course and whoever was playing bama. Well I never watch bama play anymore because there is no point. There is going to be no joy because they are going to win and usually in blow out fashion and I just get so mad and upset. MAN watching bama was a lot more fun during the dubose, fran and shula years! lol. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I used to have 2 teams I was invested in each weekend. Auburn of course and whoever was playing bama. Well I never watch bama play anymore because there is no point. There is going to be no joy because they are going to win and usually in blow out fashion and I just get so mad and upset. MAN watching bama was a lot more fun during the dubose, fran and shula years! lol. 

I might watch bammer until they have the game under control and it's no longer interesting.....which lately means I'm usually off watching some Big 12 game before halftime.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I might watch bammer until they have the game under control and it's no longer interesting.....which lately means I'm usually off watching some Big 12 game before halftime.

Yuuuuuuuup. It sucks 64. So ready for saban to retire.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is ruining it because we are Auburn fans! lol. It affects us more than anyone. Though I absolutely believe he has ruined the competitive balance of the conference BECAUSE he is so dang great at his job. Look at all the good coaches the SEC has lost since he has been on his run. We are a shell of the conference we were even 5 years ago.

He is NOT that great at coaching. He has had so many advantages that other teams and coaches do not have. He doesn't need to be anything but good at standard coaching, and be unethical and immoral. He is a perfect fit for the bammer/REC system.  Coaches don't run from his play-calling skills. He's been out-coached many times. It's the whole bammer machine they can't fight. Look at what happened to Freeze. He was fighting fire with fire and got horribly burned because he took on saban and the REC without enough back-up. 

saban won at LSU by cheating and he forged that evil alliance with Emmert that is serving him well.  In the NFL he was a loser because every team had great talent, lots of money,lots of power, and equal advantages. The competition was bigger and better than his coaching abilities and he knew he was going to fall flat on his face. He was looking for a way out when bammer came calling. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

He is NOT that great at coaching. He has had so many advantages that other teams and coaches do not have. He doesn't need to be anything but good at standard coaching, and be unethical and immoral. He is a perfect fit for the bammer/REC system.  Coaches don't run from his play-calling skills. He's been out-coached many times. It's the whole bammer machine they can't fight. Look at what happened to Freeze. He was fighting fire with fire and got horribly burned because he took on saban and the REC without enough back-up. 

saban won at LSU by cheating and he forged that evil alliance with Emmert that is serving him well.  In the NFL he was a loser because every team had great talent, lots of money,lots of power, and equal advantages. The competition was bigger and better than his coaching abilities and he knew he was going to fall flat on his face. He was looking for a way out when bammer came calling. 

I used to be like you (and admittingly a lot of other people) and think he was not that good at coaching but I have to give him his due. Gus has shown me it takes actual coaching( I know what a novel concept! lol) to be able to win 10 games and more each year EVEN with a really talented team. Top to bottom this is our most talented team in over a decade and because of coaching malpractice on gus part we will only get to the usual 7 or 8 wins under gustav. It is a lot more than just accumulating the talent. You still got to be able to properly develop them. Is there a position group in the SEC more under utilized and poorly developed as our 5 and 4 star wr's are?! Hey Nate Craig Meyers I know you were a 5 star on some sites but yaaaaaah going to need you to exclusively just be a blocker......  Story of Malzahns tenure at AU. Doing less with more.

SMH..So if we had saban and was winning would you have a problem? Also why when discussing someone’s greatness we point to 1 or 2 failures and just forget the 10 or 11 accomplishments? News flash no one wins them all, noone wins every game.Jeesh

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I used to be like you (and admittingly a lot of other people) and think he was not that good at coaching but I have to give him his due. Gus has shown me it takes actual coaching( I know what a novel concept! lol) to be able to win 10 games and more each year EVEN with a really talented team. Top to bottom this is our most talented team in over a decade and because of coaching malpractice on gus part we will only get to the usual 7 or 8 wins under gustav. It is a lot more than just accumulating the talent. You still got to be able to properly develop them. Is there a position group in the SEC more under utilized and poorly developed as our 5 and 4 star wr's are?! Hey Nate Craig Meyers I know you were a 5 star on some sites but yaaaaaah going to need you to exclusively just be a blocker......  Story of Malzahns tenure at AU. Doing less with more.

You are giving him undue credit. I am not criticizing our team in any way when I say this....but the talent at bammer is unmatched at any school anywhere and they have it down to a science on how to get that kind of talent. Clothes, money, cars....other stuff I won't mention....jobs and housing for the family....what ever they need. saban only has to have great coordinators and assistants to keep things running well. There will not be any competitive teams in the SEC because the REC isn't going to allow it to happen at this point. saban is part of that well oiled football juggernaut but he is not the biggest ingredient nor is he irreplaceable. When he leaves, bammer will find another one like him sooner or later.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

You are giving him undue credit. I am not criticizing our team in any way when I say this....but the talent at bammer is unmatched at any school anywhere and they have it down to a science on how to get that kind of talent. Clothes, money, cars....other stuff I won't mention....jobs and housing for the family....what ever they need. saban only has to have great coordinators and assistants to keep things running well. There will not be any competitive teams in the SEC because the REC isn't going to allow it to happen at this point. saban is part of that well oiled football juggernaut but he is not the biggest ingredient nor is he irreplaceable. When he leaves, bammer will find another one like him sooner or later.

And what I am saying is Gus would lose 2 or 3 games at bama still with that talent. You still got to go out there and win games and they completely dominant and decimate teams. Yah they have more talent than everyone else but not all coaches would have the same results saban has. That is my point.

13 minutes ago, Southwest said:

SMH..So if we had saban and was winning would you have a problem? Also why when discussing someone’s greatness we point to 1 or 2 failures and just forget the 10 or 11 accomplishments? News flash no one wins them all, noone wins every game.Jeesh

saban would not be winning at AU like he is at bammer because AU does not have that REC type organization. Once again.....you have no idea what you are talking about.

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

saban would not be winning at AU like he is at bammer because AU does not have that REC type organization. Once again.....you have no idea what you are talking about.

Because you know so much more huh? Stopppppppp

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

And what I am saying is Gus would lose 2 or 3 games at bama still with that talent. You still got to go out there and win games and they completely dominant and decimate teams. Yah they have more talent than everyone else but not all coaches would have the same results saban has. That is my point.

saban has had 3 loss seasons.....IIRC 2010 was like that. He lost to Dabo also who is a much better coach IMHO than saban. GUS has even beaten him twice so....

You keep missing the point and I'm done with this conversation. ANY COMPETENT COACH WITHOUT ETHICS or MORALS could do what he does given the same privileges, dark money and preferential treatment he has at bammer.  

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

saban has had 3 loss seasons.....IIRC 2010 was like that. He lost to Dabo also who is a much better coach IMHO than saban. GUS has even beaten him twice so....

You keep missing the point and I'm done with this conversation. ANY COMPETENT COACH WITHOUT ETHICS or MORALS could do what he does given the same privileges, dark money and preferential treatment he has at bammer.  

works for me! Sounds good to me.

Understand that W/L records are not the whole story of anything,

but I built this neat spreadsheet for another thread (realistic expectations) and I hate to let it go to waste:

vWMb9zO.png

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

You have no idea what people know. Shut up until you do.

Excuse me if I don't believe you or the dumb rhetoric that you keep typing. Saban beat dabo also and has how many winning seasons,rings,etc... Tinhatbelle is better

9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

We keep asking you to share the light. What? Is the REC going to kidnap you or something? Spill it. We all want to hear.

19 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

No, you need to stop.  Your delusion and black helicopter conspiracy theories are making you come across as unhinged as it comes to how good Saban is a coach.   Saban is a great coach.  

wde

19 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Please tell us "what people know"?  Are you one of those people?  Please share or shut up.

wde

19 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Tigerbelle, are you Miss Terry in disguise? Lol! I would love to actually know the facts about the REC myself.

I wouldn't let that scumbag within fifty feet of me.....

Go read Donald Watkins' facebook posts about UAT, "Sweet Tea" and what happened to Megan Rondini, and what happened to Watkins for reporting on the case.  The REC in action....

This article is also good.....https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/how-accusing-a-powerful-man-of-rape-drove-a-college-student?utm_term=.ilYp3po8ql#.yokzAzZe8q

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Please tell us "what people know"?  Are you one of those people?  Please share or shut up.

wde

There's plenty of information available so get off your behind and do your own work. If you think I'm giving out specific details to strangers on a forum then you are nuts. There has been general information discussed several times by more posters than just me. I'm not the only one who has seen things. But given the attitude here there's not much point in continuing this any further. 

Archived