New Players/Plays for the Iron Bowl?

FASTCOMPANY

What I wouldn't give to see Sal Cannella or Jalen Harris be a big contributor this afternoon in the passing game!! Haven't seen it much at all, except for a couple misses by SC. BTW, someone needs to tell Gus/Chip that the wheel route is STILL undefeated!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! 

While it would be nice to have a TE threat, apparently we don't have any TE that's dependable enough to use in a tough situation. Cannella has dropped more passes than he's caught.

We're averaging over 40 points a game in SEC games, so it's not like a functional TE is essential to scoring points. Normally, in big games a team does what they have been doing best and trying out new gimmicks is left for the cupcake games. I'm not sure we will even see a TE targeted today, but that's on them for not producing much up until now.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

While it would be nice to have a TE threat, apparently we don't have any TE that's dependable enough to use in a tough situation. Cannella has dropped more passes than he's caught.

We're averaging over 40 points a game in SEC games, so it's not like a functional TE is essential to scoring points. Normally, in big games a team does what they have been doing best and trying out new gimmicks is left for the cupcake games. I'm not sure we will even see a TE targeted today, but that's on them for not producing much up until now.

Totally agree. I'm not that mad at Gus not targeting the TE much because when Sal is targeted he hasn't come through. Nobody wants to see a Tommy Trott situation where we keep feeding him even though he shows again and again that his hands need to improve

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If we are inside the 5 that TE throwback will be wide open, however.

1 hour ago, VAtiger12 said:

If we are inside the 5 that TE throwback will be wide open, however.

Or hiding the TE as the LT out of the Sugar huddle. Did it against Ole Miss in 2016 for a TD.

Archived