Prayer Request

My daughter Regan was limping this morning. She just didn't want to put much weight on one of her legs and we have no idea what would have caused it. She did this a couple of weeks ago and I checked her out, just moving her knees and ankles back and forth a little. She didn't seem to be in pain. But a few minutes later she was fine and hasn't really done it since. But today, this lasted for 15 minutes without changing so my wife took her to the doctor.

They referred us to a pediatric orthopedist and we have a appointment at 1:30 this afternoon. Please pray for her that it's nothing serious and that the doctors will be able to figure out what's wrong. We're just baffled. There's no swelling and we can't pinpoint a particular area of tenderness or anything and she hasn't taken a fall or anything that might clue us in to it.

Thanks.

Guest Tigrinum Major

As a father, I can say that it is always scarier when your kids are sick or hurt than when you are. I said a prayer right here at my desk.

How old is your daughter? One of our girls had symptoms very close to what you desrcribe and it turned out to be nothing. I pray the same for you.

Prayers sent.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Keep her in your prayers over the next few days.

The orthopaedist checked her out pretty good, manipulating her hips and knees. He ruled out a fracture or a dislocation. She was letting him do all that stuff without any problem and he said if it were any of the "bad" stuff we'd read about with these symptoms, she'd have been screaming and crying. And in fact, she actually was walking on it much better in his office and even pushed up on it to stand on a footstool.

A few weeks back, a flu-like virus ran through our family and she got it bad: 102 degree fever, coughing, congestion, aches, etc. He said that the flu and similar viruses actually can and do attack the hip joints causing soreness, pain, and inflamation. He suspects that she might have a mild case of that and it's something that normally works itself out in a few days. He wants us to keep an eye on her, make sure she's acting normal with regard to her appetite, no fever, overly fussy, etc. If she's still limping a lot by Thursday, he wants to see her again.

So just pray that this is just that viral thing and that God will touch her body, strengthen her immune system and get rid of whatever's bothering her leg without having to go back. I appreciate it.

Archived