Men vs. South Carolina

WarTiger

Weird to see Maten missing freebies. 58-57 UGA 4 to go. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant Williams just fouled out. That’s huge. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

UT fans saying we paid the refs lol

I hate it for Williams because it was a completely unintentional foul. Just fell down. 

They just called a walk on a what looked like a legit eurostep. Don’t see that often. 

Vols leads by 1 with 1 to go. Use your size, UGA. 

I know Tenn technically shares the title.  But in my mind, since we beat them on their court, Auburn is the true SEC champs, and Tenn* has an asterisk by their name.

Georgia choked. Of course they screw us one more time. SMH.

Just now checking in.  The Arena was awesome today!!! It was such a fun game.  Loved being able to Boo the refs loudly and it being socially acceptable.  Of course, they deserved it.  They were awful.  I don't care if we "share" the title with UT.  We beat them in their house and we'll be #1 seed in the tourney. So proud of our guys. They never quit!

11 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I know Tenn technically shares the title.  But in my mind, since we beat them on their court, Auburn is the true SEC champs, and Tenn* has an asterisk by their name.

Yep....and refs made sure the top teams would keep their RPIs.

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nothing worse than a share with a team that you beat by 10. Really wish head to head mattered.

It didn't matter in football either before the SEC Championship game. You think Auburn should still count the 1988 SEC title in football since it was shared with LSU? We lost to LSU head-to-head 7-6 in the Earthquake game in 1988. I guess by your criteria then we shouldn't count our 1988 SEC title in football.

I'm sorry to be a jerk towards you but I'm just getting tired of seeing Auburn fans complain about being co-champions. We had a chance to win it outright but lost 2 games down the stretch which pulled Tennessee into a tie. Let's just enjoy winning the SEC title, even though we're co-champs. This is only our 3rd SEC regular season title in basketball. It doesn't happen very often.

Archived