Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

On 8/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, AUDub said:

I know I'm supposed to hate it, but it's just so good. 

KIi6Uat.jpg

Wait until you try the Natty Light Seltzer. We smashed a 12pk of the Catalina Lime Mixer on Saturday before the game. 

Passed my DOT physical. Smooth sailing from here on in.

Talking to Lee, the guy I'm shadowing, today, it sounds like there are about to be some big moves in the region, and that the title "regional service coordinator" for the states of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana may very well be in my future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Passed my DOT physical. Smooth sailing from here on in.

Talking to Lee, the guy I'm shadowing, today, it sounds like there are about to be some big moves in the region, and that the title "regional service coordinator" for the states of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana may very well be in my future.

Sounds like you’ve got some great opportunity ahead. Cheers!

5987AA32-9AE2-4FAF-856B-E4BED0BD74C5.gif

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sounds like you’ve got some great opportunity ahead. Cheers!

5987AA32-9AE2-4FAF-856B-E4BED0BD74C5.gif

I didn't sign up for management, but if the strength of my resume made that an option, I will take it. Never been a boss before. 

Looking forward to finally driving my soon to be truck next week. Got a few long distance jobs in Evergreen, Georgiana, and Auburn, in addition to an RO tear down in West End. 

Need to get busier. Feel like I'm robbing my current employer. I get forty hours pay either way, but I've worked maybe 35 over the last two weeks with nothing scheduled for tomorrow. Don't know what to do with the time I'm spending at home with Mrs. Dub.

Mind you, it is hard work. A dozen 300+ pound DI tanks on a couple of calls, with a 20 tank load up today before my physical, to go with a 12 hour plumbing job last week.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Can I just take a second and recognize how freaking awesome Parish Revé is? Well, it’s awesome. 

I'm so glad it distros here now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I didn't sign up for management, but if the strength of my resume made that an option, I will take it. Never been a boss before. 

Looking forward to finally driving my soon to be truck next week. Got a few long distance jobs in Evergreen, Georgiana, and Auburn, in addition to an RO tear down in West End. 

Need to get busier. Feel like I'm robbing my current employer. I get forty hours either way, but I've worked maybe 35 over the last two weeks with nothing scheduled for tomorrow. Don't know what to do with the time I'm spending at home with Mrs. Dub.

Mind you, it is hard work. A dozen 300+ pound DI tanks on a couple of calls, with a 20 tank load up today before my physical, to go with a 12 hour plumbing job last week.

Man, I hear you. I have times like this throughout every year. A bit of thumb twiddling and searching, like when it’s super rainy and wet here. My outside work grinds to a halt and I only have so much admin work to do on a computer. Just like you said though, when it’s go time, it f’in GOOOOOO time.

Enjoy that free time with Mrs. Dub. I know with kids and a new job, that alone time can be scarce.

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Can I just take a second and recognize how freaking awesome Parish Revé is? Well, it’s awesome. 

It holds up too. I drank the last one you sent in our previous trade recently. 

• Like 1

I swear, if I ever meet the a**hole that wired this house, I'm kicking him in the nuts. 

RkA0hP6.jpg

In the mancave. a**hole literally wired it up to switch load to neutral. Yet another ******* fire hazard I need to rectify. 

On 9/13/2019 at 12:52 AM, AUDub said:

I swear, if I ever meet the a**hole that wired this house, I'm kicking him in the nuts. 

RkA0hP6.jpg

In the mancave. a**hole literally wired it up to switch load to neutral. Yet another ******* fire hazard I need to rectify. 

Dayum!

Fun weekend. Just got back from my first big install. Lexington, Kentucky. 6½ hour drive Friday, work yesterday from 5a to 7p and drove back today.

Actually made myself useful considering I was supposed to be an observer lol. I'm young and pretty bendy, so I spent most of my time during the install in the ceiling doing the long plumbing runs across the room with about a cubic foot of space available around me at any one time. Concrete ceiling though, so I was able to step freely as I squeezed myself into places my coworkers couldn't go. They just put me up there, pulled the ladder and let me do my thing while they did the RO and completed the runs I stuffed down through the ceiling after cementing them.

ULxLdTY.jpg

Worst part was a terminus above a sterilizer. There was no support. It was bare sheet metal. I found, of all things, a 2*10 in the ceiling and made myself a platform. Laughably, I was the only one that could squeeze past the sterilizers and make that climb. That took a solid 2 hours working one handed.

But damn I'm in love with this job..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Even in Death Valley, CA I have found the elixir of life (but haven’t tasted yet, lol)

6640D406-29D2-4198-80EB-48C44AB7D57E.jpeg

Add: Despite the excellent name, not my kind of beer. A fresh/wet hop IPA, high IBU that I just don’t care for.

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1